Author Topic: Bring back the Melee server  (Read 1930 times)

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
Bring back the Melee server
« on: August 22, 2013, 12:01:01 pm »
+13
Ok I just want to state my opinion quickly. And please dont move this to the Suggestions forum.

I play cRPG because it has a melee system like no other game and love getting into group fights. But for me the fun is ruined by being hit by projectiles stunning you or by getting bumped by horses and I'm pretty tired of qqing about it.

Now Im not saying remove ranged or cavalry, since they were part of medieval combat and they should be featured in the battle servers for those who want to fight full scale battles. But shouldn't there be an option for those just wanting to fight small melee battles? I remember when I first got cRPG there was a melee server and I loved going in there watching people who knew how to block, fight. And it was awesome.

I recall there being an issue with activity on the server second time it was hosted. Not because no one wanted to play there, but because of the "you need to have atleast 8 players to gain multiplier" which kept people away from joining it.

Is there anyway we could get back the Melee server as an alternative to the other gamemodes, since we have like atleast 9 EU servers? And do something about the "atleast 8 players for multiplier" because it really kills the small servers. Maybe lower it to 6 or something.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
Re: Bring back the Melee server
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 12:09:23 pm »
+11
It is good indicator that melee only is BORING AS FUCK if even 2h heroes prefer ranged infested battle over it. That´s why melee only server is always empty whenever it´s up.
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 12:15:51 pm »
Nerf cav
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 12:39:47 pm »
+2
Go to siege. Endless group fights. If you like to QQ, you play battle, if you like to have fun, you play siege.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 02:22:59 pm »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 02:34:55 pm »
+5
It is good indicator that melee only is BORING AS FUCK if even 2h heroes prefer ranged infested battle over it. That´s why melee only server is always empty whenever it´s up.

That's far from the truth however. People prefer EU1 because it has more players and is bigger (with bigger maps), which also prolongs rounds meaning you'll not lose multiplier so often, in turn gaining more experience/gold. Melee only is/was a smallish server and since only a portion of the crpg base is exclusively melee, it had a smaller player pool to fill the slots from. Also EU1 has been around since forever while melee only wasn't as known, EU1 has always players on by default while melee-only needed to start from 0 players after every night, which automatically discourages players from joining an empty server over other servers.

There are plenty of reasons why melee-only had low popularity, but I'm pretty certain it wasn't because it was "boring as fuck". I had great times there and I'm sure the other regular players liked it there as well. Also the skill level of players was generally higher there.

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 02:40:45 pm »
+2
I play c-rpg because as an archer, it's like playing cod4 or cs but the only difference is, is that people on cod4/cs know how to not get shot and have awareness. Maybe you should go play them you'll learn how to not get shot.
The difference here is enemies can't shoot back

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 02:47:01 pm »
+1
EU1 has always players on by default
Actually, I've seen it empty a few early mornings during this Summer, which I don't think I've seen in previous years. Don't sleep nerds  :mad:

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 03:14:03 pm »
The difference here is enemies can't shoot back

umirin?
Play as ranged or die crying.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 03:24:46 pm »
+1
the thing i enjoyed most on mele server was the pace, was never any need to alt tab. and siege is just boring too much respawning and walking, i'd rather alt tab than that.

Offline Rantrex

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • The only one person who is not cheating in crpg:
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 03:33:00 pm »
+3
Ahhh, I had a chance to play on melee-only server few times. With 20 people there it was quite interesting (this server somehow made people stick together :).

The no-multi-till-8 systems was made (I belive) to prevent abusing. I think I would stick with that. Lack of people on such servers is rather fault of the way  balance works. I was rarely able to see well balanced teams. Also, without banner balance you can be often thrown into opposite teams (some ppl like to play together). On melee server team fo crushing everything cans have huge adventage (while on eu_1 archers and horsemen can counter those armours). Much depends on maps too.

That may work only with a new gamemode (guess everyone loves when new gm comes out).
Stop cheating.

Offline brockssn

• Baron
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 182
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 03:42:04 pm »
I want this!!!!! Nothing more agrivating than getting gayed by cav or range

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 03:53:10 pm »
only peasants who cant block for their life would disagree with this proposition

Offline Razzer

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Intermezzo
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 03:57:46 pm »
+1
Ahhh, I had a chance to play on melee-only server few times. With 20 people there it was quite interesting (this server somehow made people stick together :).

The no-multi-till-8 systems was made (I belive) to prevent abusing. I think I would stick with that. Lack of people on such servers is rather fault of the way  balance works. I was rarely able to see well balanced teams. Also, without banner balance you can be often thrown into opposite teams (some ppl like to play together). On melee server team fo crushing everything cans have huge adventage (while on eu_1 archers and horsemen can counter those armours). Much depends on maps too.

That may work only with a new gamemode (guess everyone loves when new gm comes out).
This.
Tor,Cooties, Muffin, Kpu, rantrex, Ragni, myself, Bjord, couple of 22nds, Risens and tons of other players were permanently playing on the melee only server, hosted by Conquerworm.
If people would be aware of the fact, that there is a melee only server existing. It would be easily crowded.
Give us heroes a home plz, otherwise we will die out soon.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 04:01:23 pm by Razzer »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 04:06:22 pm »
+3
If your fun is ruined by archers and cavalry, you're playing the wrong game.

Check out Chivalry, they don't have cavalry.

"Wahhhh 2 out of the 3 classes this game has are ruining my fun, wahhhh"
 - Stolen from Macropussy