Poll

Do you agree?

Of course, 2h class are for my old friends
42 (62.7%)
No, because I'm a coward.
25 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: August 11, 2013, 06:31:12 pm

Author Topic: Archery  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
Archery
« on: August 07, 2013, 06:29:02 pm »
+9
So I can shoot someone in the head with MW bodkins and MW Rus bow and he doens't die. I get shot by 1 bolt in the body I die. In fact a throwing axe does more damage then my bodkin to the head. Something is a bit wrong here, So I suggest that you give me an option to loom my bows +6 to Goldy Rus bow for example. I would also like my arrows to ahve 60 pierce, knockdown and crushthrough. I think it's only fair.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Archery
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 06:35:23 pm »
+4
+1

Just bought a MW Rus Bow and must realize how weak it is compared to xbow. :P
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Narestel

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
    • The Coalition forum
  • Faction: The Coalition
  • Game nicks: Narestel_HRE
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 06:42:12 pm »
+2
+1. But just coz of seeing Analgulf QQ  :lol:

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 06:47:16 pm »
+4
wow awesome sounds really great I want to get shot now one hit every time pls devs add it
 :oops:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 06:50:41 pm »
+4
wow awesome sounds really great I want to get shot now one hit every time pls devs add it
 :oops:

ty for your support fuma cuntaro.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 07:05:12 pm »
Add it. It's justice, crpg already stupid.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 07:08:18 pm »
+7
The fuck you on about? Archers deals massive damage already. While I hate them like the plague, they honestly don't need a nerf to their damage after the kiting was toned down, but they sure as hell don't need a damage buff.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 07:09:06 pm »
+3
So I can shoot someone in the head with MW bodkins and MW Rus bow and he doens't die. I get shot by 1 bolt in the body I die. In fact a throwing axe does more damage then my bodkin to the head. Something is a bit wrong here, So I suggest that you give me an option to loom my bows +6 to Goldy Rus bow for example. I would also like my arrows to ahve 60 pierce, knockdown and crushthrough. I think it's only fair.

OH I forgot to add the Flaming property like the flaming Katana has. To put ablaze anyone hit by it. Yes, I did just quote myself.

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 07:11:28 pm »
+2
The fuck you on about? Archers deals massive damage already. While I hate them like the plague, they honestly don't need a nerf to their damage after the kiting was toned down, but they sure as hell don't need a damage buff.

For your info, loomed archers didn't get no buff only unloomed. If you count 2-3 accuracy as a buff you don't know anything about archery.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 07:15:18 pm »
+5
For your info, loomed archers didn't get no buff only unloomed. If you count 2-3 accuracy as a buff you don't know anything about archery.

I had no problems topping scoreboards as an archer. After the increase in weight archers started getting punished for mistakes and bad positioning like cavalry and infantry.

So, what would you class 2-3 increased accuracy as, a nerf? Sure, can just remove that if you want to, they don't do anything good anyway, right? What about the increased arrow speed? Not a buff either? I was very happy to see missile speed and accuracy being buffed, making hybrids easier and reward skill over luck, but the damage is already very high, and does not need a change either way.

(click to show/hide)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 07:19:19 pm »
+4
Not saying you're wrong Gurnisson, but if I shoot someone in the head with a bodkin in his face, he should die. Why can someone 1 shot me across the map with 1 bolt in my medium armor yet I can't 1 shot someone in the face? See my point. it's just stupid.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 10:40:00 pm »
I gotta say the headshot damage seems toned down a bit too much. There were times where only few people were able to survive a longbow headshot, now quite many can. Killing with a hornbow headshot, even with just medium headarmor is a rare thing now adays.

(click to show/hide)

This picture for example was taken a month ago, arrow was fired from a nomad bow at medium range. My build at that time was 15/24 no IF. At that rate it would have probably taken this guy 10 headshots to kill me.

At some other day, a while back, I headshot Everkistus who was wearing a vaegir helmet ( unloomed 21 headarmor ) ( Edit )

+3 Helmet with Lamellar Guard. 43 head armour.
He took an arrow in the head from a +3 longbow +3 bodkin and didnt die.

Yet, as Adal stated, an Xbow can onehit us in the body across the map.

That said, I dont know why the armor limit is still there. Arrows weigh a fuckton now and armor slows you down even more. Im not saying there should be plated archers everywhere but why dont we lift the weight limit to something like 15 or 20 ? What are you afraid of ? Archers owning melees in close combat because they cant be onehit anymore ? Archers kiting with medium armor + arrows on their backs ? None of this is much likely to happen.

The reasons that were ones in place to justify an armor limit for archers are no longer present. The arrow weightnerf rendered this limit obsolete.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:30:21 am by XyNox »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 11:02:03 pm »
+3
You're complaining your bow and arrow (which you can shoot what, 5 or 6 or 7 times for every time an arbalest reloads) is only doing 1/3rd of the damage, or 1/2 or 3/4 of the damage as a bolt/quarrel to the head?  Get some more power draw if you want to deal more damage.  I'd be pissed if I was wearing a heavy helmet and was 1 shot killed any time I was hit in the head by an arrow.  You likely have a lot less HP than the crossbowman and he probably has a lot more armor than you.

Yes, I totally feel sympathy for you... :rolleyes:
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 11:27:26 pm »
Ye, like any real Archer had less than 6 PD and 7 WM... sure sure
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 11:54:51 pm »
+1
At some other day, a while back, I headshot Everkistus who was wearing a vaegir helmet ( unloomed 21 headarmor ). He took an arrow in the head from a +3 longbow +3 bodkin and didnt die.

+3 Helmet with Lamellar Guard. 43 head armour. Still, seems quite random. I often get one-shot in my lordly morion (54 armour), but then again, I was running around with 2 arrows once as well :|