Author Topic: The Great Thread of Suggestions  (Read 46066 times)

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
Re: The Great Thread of Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 01:06:47 am »
+1
Gj it is in suggestion corner now nobody will read this :(

It could work to my advantage or it could be detrimental, atleast I don't have to keep bumping it.

Offline Socalus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • You're my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 01:42:52 am »
Plz change textures of rank items  :D

retext!

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 04:09:39 am »
+2
Got a -1 from le epic 2hand lolstabber kaoklai... now i know that i said something worthwhile.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 04:04:01 pm »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 01:46:42 am »
+2
Jona, I've played polearm more than anything else and I rotate through the three melee weapon classes each gen (currently 1h).  I don't blame you for not knowing that since I play a lot of my gens under different names. 

Thisdoesn't exist.

We've decided to give the community another opportunity to weigh in on possible gameplay changes, which there are currently two of. But first I'd like to direct your attention to the polearm left-to-right release animation. Were you aware that it was somehow altered? Could you see or feel anything different about it? If so, how do you feel about it? Your response to that should directly affect your response to what lies at the heart of this post.

Right now two-handers require 53.33 % of their release animation's progression to reach a spot capable of hitting a person in front of you. The disgusting thing, is that the polearm animation takes nearly 20% longer than that, and that's assuming two weapons of identical speeds. My proposal is to lessen that gap in the same way I lessened the gap for the polearm left-to-right swing. This would be proposal #1.

Proposal #2 (Credit goes entirely to Urist for this one), is to change the sweetspot for all overheads so that they do 0 damage to players behind you. That is, it still connects with the player and keeps you from hitting someone in front, but you won't be doing full damage to a person behind you simply because of poor implementation by TW.

The first proposal would clearly have a major affect on bi-directional polearms and, if implemented, we would keep a close eye on the effects. It's worth mentioning here though, that the thrusts of such weapons are the most deadly aspects. Rather than making them more deadly(increasing their maximum damage output or likelihood of landing a hit) this only gives them more utility, or easier access to a tool that has always existed. Bi-Directional weapons aren't where they should be, but simply increasing their speed across the board would be the wrong way to address the issue as I don't believe the thrust attacks need such a thing. For these weapons, this fix pinpoints exactly what I see the problem as being, and then addresses the issue.

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 05:28:46 am »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2013, 01:29:17 pm »
+2
2h's hit earlier in their arc, they don't get a magical bonus to swing speed because of their animation.  Reading is hard.

Dude... you realize that is the exact same thing, right? If a polearm amd 2h swing at the same time, the 2h hits first. Meaning it strikes faster. I could have gone into more detail the first time but seeing how you can't even comprehend it now....

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 09:03:23 pm »

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2013, 05:04:08 pm »
I think the biggest problem developers are worried about is game balance after adding new armors. If that's the case, then they need to remove/replace some of the armors we as a community do not use. The biggest problem I see comes down to looms.

That's not even necessary. I don't remember who wrote it on which thread, but as it was suggested, new additions could as well be only cosmetic. This means new items can be added with stats similar to existing items and people may choose them only for the looks.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 02:49:32 pm »
+3
Thanks for compiling all these suggestions. I think that my DTV suggestion and Uther's are simpler and easier to accomplish than the one you listed (and more important in my opinion).
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 04:03:42 pm by Patoson »

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 04:45:48 pm »
+2
Ok added it, I just put yours in because if your request happens then uther's will be accomplished too.

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 03:54:54 am »
+1
So just to get it outta the way, I'll state, that i'm a cav/1h shield hybrid, but, i'd like to think my suggestions are observational AND simulator focused, rather than biased towards my class.

1) Raise tremendously, glance chances of arrows against heavy armors.

2) Lower significantly, movement speed in heavy armor.

3) Raise natural armor value on horses (unarmored horses are squishy now, and really to vulnerable; raise the upkeep or something to counterbalance, but, unless your a HA, theyre near useless except to 'sneak kill' someone at this point)

4) make 1h and 2h stab animations more visible, and less 'extended and then wiggle affective'

6) reduce shield magic bubble, and linear strength to shield with shield skill increase, but, perhaps raise shield speed more with more shield points, to counterbance to an extent. mostly a nerf though.

7) lower slightly polearm swing speeds (the longer the more lowering, (unless its a 'light-headed' weapon like a spear, perhaps just a lower threshhold for a significant slowness to heavy medium long and above), at the same time DO NOT lower stab speeds on polearms.

8) make jumping less effective, (height & length) and extremely gimped on a sliding scale, once armor reaches medium, and nearly non-exsistent for heavy armor. maybe also make jumping from ledges more likely to do damage, and/or more damage, the more armor weight your wearing.

I'm not exactly sure how this all would exactly affect balance, but, it would make the field, more medieval feeling, i think.

Take into account, i'm just talking off the top of my head, and am a fan of the 'field' feeling as 'medieval' as possible, while retaining a good game balance at the same time.  I'm prepared to be ignored, spit on, or trolled, because of these opinions.

I dont care. All I hope is someone on the dev side catches sight of them, and atleast thinks about them, and why I suggested them.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 04:12:23 am by Vingnir the Wanderer »

Offline Perche

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Only the dead have seen the end of war
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fingolfin_HRE
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2013, 05:07:20 pm »
i think that should be better have new horses better than donkeys( not so much ). it would be great if with 1 riding skill you can use a quite good horse  :D

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2013, 06:22:22 pm »
Great job compiling all these suggestions. I love you.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG