Author Topic: chadz and cRPG - a lovestory!  (Read 28908 times)

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
Re: chadz and cRPG - a lovestory!
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2011, 01:50:37 pm »
I'm curious to what you concider a bad player. Because in my opinion good players(players with skill) should be extremely happy with this patch now that there are no level 40+ guys beating them with nothing but levels. A bad players only chance to be good in this mod is to be higher level than all others that has been taken away.

+1
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2011, 01:51:29 pm »
+1
Yes... Vicious allthough we agree on the changes, your definition of a good player seems extremely strange. Grind doesn't mean anything. It's just fun and motivation for me. Nothing to do with any form of skill.

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2011, 01:52:15 pm »
Jesus F***! Read this part.

The decision was between stopping the project cRPG altogether, or change it radically. Therefore, keeping it as it was, was actually NO option, at least not from my side.

Stop bitching becuase its not anyones choice but chadz, you don't like the mod no more then go find somthing else to do there are other things in life then a free mod and whining!!

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2011, 01:52:38 pm »
merlin88 where a tincan user   shield+sword      sometimes with crossbow not an archer definitively

Ah okay i was refering to Merlin_888
for example stats from top

krampe_HRE vs Qalyut - Hide Details
- Battle time: 11.11., 00:00
- Battle duration: 18m33s
- Army size: 2082 vs 1710
- Battle result: 0 vs 155
- Winner: Defender

Merlin_888                   107:52   1 G           1000   archer
Cris                                   95:75   1 G           1000   
Fallen_KingBread           51:55   1 G           1   
krampe_HRE                   50:69   0 G           1   
vMega_HRE                   47:52   0 G           1   
Shogunate_BD_Cicero   47:52   740 G   1   
Rogue_HRE                   47:71   0 G           1   
Merc_Vicious666_IV           45:64   580 G   400

But i see you don't rage about my post, i really appreciate that :)
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2011, 02:01:23 pm »
Guys, it seems we are looking at cRPG from 2 different sides. One side is more of a "diablo", the other is more like "counter strike" with swords...

Diablo is a "grind" game in your terms, but would you dare to say it is a bad/shit game? Yes, in counter strike you are rewarded for your personal/physical abilities. In Diablo - its your ability to plan, your patience and your in-game gear.  ( not 100% so, but you get the idea )

I have never liked or played "platform" games like Mario, Ninja Gaiden and such. For the same reason i do not like the new cRPG system / Native system - my ability to quickly push buttons, in a whack-a-mole way, or make a 0.1 sec 180 turn to shoot a pixel sized enemy 1 km away -  is not fun or rewarding. I do not wish to posses such a "skill". I do like BFBC2 ( lvl 43 there if i am not mistaken ) and old Counter Strike how it was back in 90's - but both of the mentioned FPS games are WAY better for that "skill" based game-play, some cRPG players want/like.

cRPG was a fine combination of both. For me, and many others it seems, RPG element of cRPG was the key to a fun game. When i first installed cRPG in summer - i felt lucky! Finally! An RPG game that do not have a "lock" system!!! I had to actually hit/shoot/parry - not just "lock" and click on a skill button. ( i have never played WoW, but i loved Diablo and Hellgate London )

So for me cRPG was an action RPG game without the annoying "target lock" system. The patch made it - a 3rd/1st person action shooter with some rpg elements ( the last CoD has about the same feeling to it ).

Please do not get angry! It is not a good or bad thing. Same as Diablo and Counter Strike - its a different game now. And it attracts different players.

Again, its chadz's mod. So even though i do not like the direction cRPG took - I can only accept it or leave.

I think i will stick around for a while. After all - i have played over 600 hours. And i like 1st person shooters too! Just have to re-adjust!

Peace guys!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #125 on: January 07, 2011, 02:02:03 pm »
Ah okay i was refering to Merlin_888
for example stats from top

krampe_HRE vs Qalyut - Hide Details
- Battle time: 11.11., 00:00
- Battle duration: 18m33s
- Army size: 2082 vs 1710
- Battle result: 0 vs 155
- Winner: Defender

Merlin_888                   107:52   1 G           1000   archer
Cris                                   95:75   1 G           1000   
Fallen_KingBread           51:55   1 G           1   
krampe_HRE                   50:69   0 G           1   
vMega_HRE                   47:52   0 G           1   
Shogunate_BD_Cicero   47:52   740 G   1   
Rogue_HRE                   47:71   0 G           1   
Merc_Vicious666_IV           45:64   580 G   400

But i see you don't rage about my post, i really appreciate that :)
ù

you now right that merc vicious IV was merely a lev  what 24,   full agi full wpf only for retirement purposes right? like the 3 the 2 the 1

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 07, 2011, 02:03:46 pm »
Guys, it seems we are looking at cRPG from 2 different sides. One side is more of a "diablo", the other is more like "counter strike" with swords...

Diablo is a "grind" game in your terms, but would you dare to say it is a bad/shit game? Yes, in counter strike you are rewarded for your personal/physical abilities. In Diablo - its your ability to plan, your patience and your in-game gear.  ( not 100% so, but you get the idea )

I have never liked or played "platform" games like Mario, Ninja Gaiden and such. For the same reason i do not like the new cRPG system / Native system - my ability to quickly push buttons, in a whack-a-mole way, or make a 0.1 sec 180 turn to shoot a pixel sized enemy 1 km away -  is not fun or rewarding. I do not wish to posses such a "skill". I do like BFBC2 ( lvl 43 there if i am not mistaken ) and old Counter Strike how it was back in 90's - but both of the mentioned FPS games are WAY better for that "skill" based game-play, some cRPG players want/like.

cRPG was a fine combination of both. For me, and many others it seems, RPG element of cRPG was the key to a fun game. When i first installed cRPG in summer - i felt lucky! Finally! An RPG game that do not have a "lock" system!!! I had to actually hit/shoot/parry - not just "lock" and click on a skill button. ( i have never played WoW, but i loved Diablo and Hellgate London )

So for me cRPG was an action RPG game without the annoying "target lock" system. The patch made it - a 3rd/1st person action shooter with some rpg elements ( the last CoD has about the same feeling to it ).

Please do not get angry! It is not a good or bad thing. Same as Diablo and Counter Strike - its a different game now. And it attracts different players.

Again, its chadz's mod. So even though i do not like the direction cRPG took - I can only accept it or leave.

I think i will stick around for a while. After all - i have played over 600 hours. And i like 1st person shooters too! Just have to re-adjust!

Peace guys!

sorry but at moment here  we not have diablo and we not have counterstrike becous ability in new system is not rewarded at all    is random, win or lose  making 0 :50   or 50 :0

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 07, 2011, 02:08:27 pm »
Yes... Vicious allthough we agree on the changes, your definition of a good player seems extremely strange. Grind doesn't mean anything. It's just fun and motivation for me. Nothing to do with any form of skill.

crpg was a mix of skill , time rewards and development of char+ equip

i made already example of merlin a bad playe was a bad player even in plate.          i remember killing him naked with a shield vs him in plate

crpg was nice becouse was a mix of all., we removed that mix, to make it pretty much same as native.
if i wanna play a purely  skill based , i play native.                   period.    withouth even needing to do lev 30.   

Offline JOPOTINTTI

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2011, 02:10:40 pm »
It would be better if anything would be same as native.   2h weps on horse... no armor weight penalty.... in Warband there is no such thing as OP class nor weapon, its all about player skill (only if same, or closely same level). 8-) .. or spam skill  :mrgreen:

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2011, 02:15:16 pm »
you now right that merc vicious IV was merely a lev  what 24,   full agi full wpf only for retirement purposes right? like the 3 the 2 the 1

Calm down, it was not about your performance at all, only about Merlin, just posted you so you will more probably remember it.
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Kiriath

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2011, 02:16:13 pm »
chadz, its your mod, your time, and your commitment.

you decide what you want, fuck the rest.

btw I love what you done with it the last two patches.

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2011, 02:26:05 pm »
in b4 I read only the great OP

I hate you, as always, forever and ever

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 07, 2011, 02:27:12 pm »
Michael: I got nerfed pretty heavily aswell. I went from 29 agi, 220 wpf and a 106 speed weapon to 25 agi, 170 wpf and a 101 speed weapon. The class I love was slapped aswell, but I don't care.

No, you dont (want to) understand what I am trying to say. Look, the xp level cap was def necessary because players like you =P) crushed the game. With my crappy internet, I could see you feint, next I heard my guy screaming. Didnt even see the animation of your swing, totally broken, my only chance was to one shot you by luck.

But, you can use still your fav gear all the time.

I can, for now, and my gold will last for a while, but its just not right. I have to pay an insane amount of gold to "repair" my horse that had his full health at end of the round, I have to pay an insane amount of gold to "repair" a throwing lance I didnt even throw.

Has nothing to do with whining. Its just not right. With the original patch, on a bad day, I could lose 100.000 gold easily, with the hotfix, I will outrun of money sloooooooooooooooooooooowly. But its not right, and its not fun.

Look, noone would go into a battle when he has after the battle less gold than before it started. Knights fought for land, slaves, Mercenaries for gold. I have to pay so that I may fight? Wut?

On Merlin, he was both. First he was a tincan-thrower, at the end he was an archer, now he is retired. Did you guys hear of retirement and stuff?

It would be better if anything would be same as native.   2h weps on horse... no armor weight penalty.... in Warband there is no such thing as OP class nor weapon, its all about player skill (only if same, or closely same level). 8-) .. or spam skill  :mrgreen:

No, native is plain, simple, pure arcade and fun (if at all) only for those with good ping and computer. The worst crpg will always be better than native.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:31:50 pm by Michael »

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #133 on: January 07, 2011, 02:29:53 pm »
Hey, this is maybe a crazy idea but: how about if you donate, you also get to choose what percentage goes to server hosting costs and what percenage of the donation goes to chadz himself?

Set it default to 100% hosting and 0% chadz and let people choose? Just an idea...

Aside from that, i'd like to help you pay your heating bill, because gaming at 15° is impossible. I get cold hands at 20°.  :rolleyes:
I've sent you an email.

Edit: haha okay okay. But seriously, i still think you should at least get a little something for all that hard work and time you and the other devs have put in. Have a drink on my behalf then! :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:38:52 pm by Phazey »

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2011, 02:33:52 pm »