Author Topic: chadz and cRPG - a lovestory!  (Read 29016 times)

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
Re: chadz and cRPG - a lovestory!
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2011, 12:50:33 pm »
RPG stands for Role Playing Game which means exactly that, a game where you act out a role (which doesn't really fit cRPG that well anyway since most people just buy the best equip then can). Many RPGs also include skills and the ability to upgrade and improve skills which cRPG does.

The only way the patch is different is that the amount of grind is reduced, so how does less grind make it any less of a RPG.

Does RPG now mean fuk-ton of grind?

Anyway the difference between native and this is that you keep your gear at the end of the round , can design you character in many different ways and have a much larger choice of gear as well as a gradual progression of improving your gear and equip (you know that thing "grind" which is still there just less)

becouse grind is part of the personalization of the char, more  points  = more variability,      of builds, equipment etc.   

all same lev same wpf,    same range of equip   = less variety, less sense to grow and develop a char,             grind or any form of leveling a char,   time based (like eve online etc)   premiate who play more.   and is part of role play game,     where you play a char a class,    with the bonus that  experience and equipment  give  to you.     now we removed everything.     

we are  robots, all same lev, same equip range,     less usable builds, less tools /chance to personalize the char for a certain style of game.     

as you like play ninja  with an agi spam build,  OP, and skillless
i like play  armored  guy,    who need much more effort  tbh  considering time it needed for be competitive   with crpf 3 day ago, + cost of equip.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:52:10 pm by Vicious666 »

Offline King Ahab

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2011, 12:51:50 pm »
Hooray for chadz for having backbone and sticking to his original ideas about the mod!

I was apalled when I couldn't wear my platyplate anymore. Then, I bought light leather, started making tons of cash.... and......the game got fun again!

Not because of the cash and stuff, but because I STILL have the same build, people just all go down easier. Not to mention that I'm bloody fast in that light leather outfit:O! I can finally block something from time to time!

Thank you chadz, for giving me back my soul!

Offline BD_SUPERBEAST

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Warpigs_BD_Superbeast
« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2011, 12:54:16 pm »
Patch is great. Batles feel more natural and less uberfast with the new heirloom modifiers and the upkeep and xp system. I actually love the patch.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2011, 12:56:37 pm »
Guys, relax, calm down a bit, after all, its a mod for free to a videogame, nothing earth-shaking.

Vicious, trolls like Gorath is best to ignore, they dont deserve your time.

Khorin, and Lisa, what makes him rage so much is that people like you who profit of the hotfix so much make fun of him. The class you love to play is easier than ever with taking all of its natural enemies completely out of the game (yes, even I will outrun of money soon with the current system with random upkeep even if I win all rounds, what is impossible). You will be able to play the class you love ALL THE TIME, we cant play our classes any more no matter how good we do, its simply impossible, because upkeep is random. If we want to play the class we have fun with we would have to many many hours of mindless grind with cheap shitty gear. You win, we lose, leave him alone.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2011, 12:59:08 pm »
YOU KILLED THE MOD ! HATE YOU ! GTX !

if you give us a proper strategus patch with all the stuff you let us hoping for maybe i'll forgive you, but only if it comes out fast

and stop your trolling with your drama thread ! whiner !

:lol:

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2011, 01:00:56 pm »
Hooray for chadz for having backbone and sticking to his original ideas about the mod!

Are you trying to be ironic? Patch was out a few hours, then whiners made him change it completely. Archers will get their pierce damage back soon, I am certain. Maybe old animations, too. We will see.

Offline Eyerra

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2011, 01:02:25 pm »

Are you trying to be ironic? Patch was out a few hours, then whiners made him change it completely. Archers will get their pierce damage back soon, I am certain. Maybe old animations, too. We will see.

But I like the new animation! o_o

Pierce is very nice.

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2011, 01:02:53 pm »
grind was part of skill,  example merlin88 ? a very bad player even if was a fucking grinder and in full plate.

now go fuck yourself,        ball less player,   who wanna all and easy since start  we no   stomach for  earn something with time.        go play native if you wanna born spawn in leather and use only your skill,    this mod have rpg on name, that means levels, means exp, means gain something from this stuff, i was all up for nerf platers, nerf bonus, make levels more hard, and  speed 1-30 levels.       everything for    make ppl feel gimped if they  are not lev 40+, but from that to     negate every single    bonus possible gived by months of playng no

and now mod is not skill based, is random based,    wanna skill only again,   make that only who kill gain xp and gold, and lets see who will go around in plate if me or you

this mod is what is thx to player like me who  grinded 9 reset of chars,   first than ppl like you comed  , i think we deserve a little more consideration.

Merlin was an archer (a good one, maybe ask one of your grandpa archer friends who of course are the only real ones). I congrate you beating an archer! Who are you anyway?
Oh right you are the pro owning menace playing since sucking your brother breast and made the mod what it is today (or before patch).
You claim you're close to 30 years old but why do you act so immature then? The raging and flaming and stuff? Did the evil chadz take your candy away?
Being part of something since the beginning is no achievement, like growing older, everyone can do that.
If you despise cRPG so much now then go to where full loot is or either code your spinoff, it's not hard. Took me about a week to learn a bit python to call webservices etc. Such a pro like you does it in a day, since you were here since the bigbang. (btw Amiga sucked Atari ftw)
I have to disappoint you, you have no more rights than the freshest peasant started playing yesterday.
You say you own in gaming? You have ubar skills? Ok, if you say so i believe you, but its level up time, now increase the social skills and try to be nice. (if there are any points left what i doubt put some in english)
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2011, 01:04:01 pm »
Vicious: I'm just gonna ignore your attempts at insulting the Ninja clan.

The personalisation is still there. It's just making it more balanced for those who don't have the time to retire 9 times to give them and advantage over other. And I thought people like you would be excited! Think about it, there's so much more grinding to be done now to reach level 40! My ninja was level 35 and I'm happy with this patch, even though it has decreased the amount of black armoured mace wielding strength build guys that raged over my ability to swing faster than them.

Michael: I got nerfed pretty heavily aswell. I went from 29 agi, 220 wpf and a 106 speed weapon to 25 agi, 170 wpf and a 101 speed weapon. The class I love was slapped aswell, but I don't care.
I'm not making fun of him not being able to play his class. I'm making fun of his grind = skill ideas. And I don't like this random upkeep either. I think the pre-fix was much better. Less random and more dependant on the skill of the players.

Offline Trout4711

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Too many. Fucking Alt-titis
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2011, 01:04:52 pm »

are you really that stupid or what? is a troll right?

what you not get is that the problem is not the class you wanna play  but the means to play a mod based on levels when arrived at lev 30,  play have no more gains.     xp and lev lose sense.        do 50:1  k/d have no sense, since              autobalance is fucken as hell,       so you need only to do some kills first rounds than you can go afk becouse autobalance put first 5-10    kilers on opposite team, and end of any balancement, tactics.

you not play anymore for exp char. you already 30 and gain 2 lev is 100 ml xp for go 32.
you not play anymore for equip, becouse even if you do , you cant use it for more than a couple of rounds.
you not play anymore with tactics becouse you not even need to be on fight,  you can sit afk      on the map waiting for xp and gold.

for what we are playng then a role play game, where  the  deep factor, is completely erased .   , the grow factor of the char

I think vicious is just one of those kids that are fucked up by the current generation of MMORPGs...

Mindless grinding (aka grinding without some amount of player skill, without some drive to really play the game to the best of your abilities) does not show skill, it just shows that you have nothing better to do than play some game.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:06:05 pm by Trout4711 »

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2011, 01:06:57 pm »
Thx you chadz - what you keep this mod (and this game) alive.
Live = changes. No changes = death.
              [STR] Strangers Faction

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2011, 01:22:46 pm »
+1
Don't try to argue between grind-lovers and grind-haters, they allways said.

Well, if you think the nice thing about cRPG is making your own char with a defined set of skill, attribute points and equipment value, nice for you. If I want to play that way, I prefer returning to Native multiplayer. In Native each faction has 3 classes (except 2 for khergits who aren't played anyway). So we have 5 * 3 = 15 different character builds. On top of that, you can choose your equipment, which will completly change the way you play the game. cRPG offers similar personalisation now. And finally, doing good will allow you to buy better gear over time (on one map) in Native, which isn't true anymore in cRPG.

So in Native we have progression, and in cRPG we have no more.

I know RPG doesn't mean grinding. I play old editions of D&D with friends, I enjoy playing a real RPG. But here we are not playing a real RPG with roleplaying.

Videogames called "RPG" are associated with some kind of progression system. That's not my fault. It's just a common misunderstanding so common that it's now the rule. You'll never play like in a real RPG in a videogame anyway. Especially when it comes to multiplayer and PVP ! With PVP, people try to find "efficient" builds. Many aren't even interested at all in roleplaying.

What my point is, is that RPG means grinding in our context. We are playing what many game magasines would call a "PVP only MMORPG with TPS medieval fighting". Some people actually like grinding. I like grinding, I like playing for the challenge, I like playing just to relax... But I like the games I play for a determined reason not to change their "type". I liked Native for the skill dimension. If cRPG becomes like Native, one of those is useless for me. Me and MANY people (just watch the polls and the so-called "whine" threads that give options to change the system) associated cRPG to a mixed skill-and-grind game, which had a very good balance between those two factors ! No wonder we are dissapointed !

If you personally associated cRPG to an old school RPG, good for you. That's apparently what chadz wanted.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2011, 01:23:49 pm »
Merlin was an archer (a good one, maybe ask one of your grandpa archer friends who of course are the only real ones). I congrate you beating an archer! Who are you anyway?
Oh right you are the pro owning menace playing since sucking your brother breast and made the mod what it is today (or before patch).
You claim you're close to 30 years old but why do you act so immature then? The raging and flaming and stuff? Did the evil chadz take your candy away?
Being part of something since the beginning is no achievement, like growing older, everyone can do that.
If you despise cRPG so much now then go to where full loot is or either code your spinoff, it's not hard. Took me about a week to learn a bit python to call webservices etc. Such a pro like you does it in a day, since you were here since the bigbang. (btw Amiga sucked Atari ftw)
I have to disappoint you, you have no more rights than the freshest peasant started playing yesterday.
You say you own in gaming? You have ubar skills? Ok, if you say so i believe you, but its level up time, now increase the social skills and try to be nice. (if there are any points left what i doubt put some in english)

merlin88 where a tincan user   shield+sword      sometimes with crossbow not an archer definitively

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2011, 01:25:32 pm »
Vicious: I'm just gonna ignore your attempts at insulting the Ninja clan.

The personalisation is still there. It's just making it more balanced for those who don't have the time to retire 9 times to give them and advantage over other. And I thought people like you would be excited! Think about it, there's so much more grinding to be done now to reach level 40! My ninja was level 35 and I'm happy with this patch, even though it has decreased the amount of black armoured mace wielding strength build guys that raged over my ability to swing faster than them.

Michael: I got nerfed pretty heavily aswell. I went from 29 agi, 220 wpf and a 106 speed weapon to 25 agi, 170 wpf and a 101 speed weapon. The class I love was slapped aswell, but I don't care.
I'm not making fun of him not being able to play his class. I'm making fun of his grind = skill ideas. And I don't like this random upkeep either. I think the pre-fix was much better. Less random and more dependant on the skill of the players.

ahaha you got nerfed?

i was 267 wpf
now 182

33 agi
now 24

all my equip unusuable, i needed to buy a new one.
my loomed weapon unusable, becouse  i cant afford a 12k sword+ 10k of shield  +  an armor lets say even oworth 10k., withouth starting to sink gold instead earn

dont be ridiculous ..

and again you fuclking stupid, i not say grind is skill,   IS PART of skill,     or anyway part of what crpg  IS since it borned until chadz decided basicly to change the mod completely  reversing the initial  set up, to something much less  deep and appealing to majority of the community.     go watch    the poll about the patch.
onyl 25% of ppl like crpg like is now, and  COINCIDENCE, majority are bad player, not player with many items, not player with high levels, not player (like you)  who got terribly nerfed on his style of playng by the patch.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:29:56 pm by Vicious666 »

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2011, 01:46:13 pm »
I'm curious to what you concider a bad player. Because in my opinion good players(players with skill) should be extremely happy with this patch now that there are no level 40+ guys beating them with nothing but levels. A bad players only chance to be good in this mod is to be higher level than all others that has been taken away.

And I'm sorry if I can't feel bad for you losing the most ridiculously powerful character I've seen. You probably could've outspammed my ninja with that character.
But yeah I'll modify the formula from my last post. You didn't say
"Grind = Skill", you said "Grind + X = Skill"
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:51:03 pm by Ninja_Khorin »