Poll

Heavy Crossbow VS. Arbalest.

Heavy Crossbow.
Arbalest.

Author Topic: Heavy Crossbow vs Arbalest.  (Read 4750 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy Crossbow vs Arbalest.
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2013, 09:44:57 pm »
I think you mean Heavy Crossbow, as the Arbalest sucks towards the end of the round if the enemy knows where you are, because the long reload time; you only get 1-2 shots if there are smart enemies around.

You get get same, 1-2 shots at the end of the round if you are smart even when you use a HC. At the end of the round with couple of guys on both side it really matters little if you have arbalest or a HC. If 10 damage is really not a big deal to you, than I ask for your looms straight up front, cause everybody pays about a million for just +3 damage. :)

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2013, 09:46:45 pm »
+4
Stones.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2013, 11:12:19 pm »
+3
Been playing arbalest for awhile, its definitely not worth it, go heavy crossbow. Shouldn't have to explain why, I would just be repeating what everyone else has already said.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2013, 11:24:50 pm »
Been playing arbalest for awhile, its definitely not worth it, go heavy crossbow. Shouldn't have to explain why, I would just be repeating what everyone else has already said.

Don't listen to Scilla! Go 15/24, +3 Arbalest, +3 Steel Bolts and stack on WM and Ath only!

Hide and shoot. It's great!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2013, 11:36:06 pm »
Don't listen to Scilla! Go 15/24, +3 Arbalest, +3 Steel Bolts and stack on WM and Ath only!

If you were going for that build why not go 15-27 9 athletics and 8 wm? build is just as accurate as 15-24 but much faster.

At level 32 you could even have 5 ps, 9 athletics and 9 weapon master 180 wpf+ and some WPF for 1 hander or 2 hander whatever floats your boat... If there were more Heavy xbows in Strat I'd definitely change my build, but I don't really play my main anymore besides strat battles. lol (Lame ikr)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2013, 11:40:29 pm »
If you were going for that build why not go 15-27 9 athletics and 8 wm? build is just as accurate as 15-24 but much faster.

At level 32 you could even have 5 ps, 9 athletics and 9 weapon master 180 wpf+ and some WPF for 1 hander or 2 hander whatever floats your boat... If there were more Heavy xbows in Strat I'd definitely change my build, but I don't really play my main anymore besides strat battles. lol (Lame ikr)

Cuz PS and IF just in case melee happens. Otherwise you'll get 1 shot.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2013, 11:43:05 pm »
Cuz PS and IF just in case melee happens. Otherwise you'll get 1 shot.

Then you are not stacking only WM and athletics, also I have 0 ironflesh I wear medium armor and I never get 1 shot by anything but High powerstrike 2 handers and polearms and some throwers.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2013, 11:56:19 pm »
Then you are not stacking only WM and athletics, also I have 0 ironflesh I wear medium armor and I never get 1 shot by anything but High powerstrike 2 handers and polearms and some throwers.

Cuz i use Light Light Armor on the STF alt lol.

Light Armor > 1 more ath.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2013, 11:58:14 pm »
Cuz i use Light Light Armor on the STF alt lol.

Light Armor > 1 more ath.

Light armor as in what?

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2013, 12:16:45 am »
+1
I  have 23 body armor, 15 STR, and no IF. I am shocked at how often it takes 2 or more hits for me to die. Sometimes I find myself running around spattered in blood with 2 arrows and a javelin in me. I probably would go for some wacky 12/33 or more AGI build if arbalests weren't in every important strat battle. And if I'm going to get 15 str anyway I might as well use an arbalest in battle and siege.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2013, 12:21:29 am »

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2013, 01:01:49 am »
Thats exactly how I feel Witchcraft, and with tunics you are more likely than not to be hit more than once. With high athletics you should avoid group melee fighting anyway.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2013, 01:07:51 am »
+1
12/27 heavy xbow with 9 wm/9 ath/4 if/ 4ps was/is a fun build (before they nerfed speed while holding xbow you could kite a lot better)

Depending on your strengths, you could put 120+ points in 1h or 2h and still have 150+ for your xbow. If you're a good shooter you could have 180 wpf in xbow and 100 in 1h or 2h. It always used to be funny pulling out a pickaxe or hammer and beating down tin cans who assume you have no ps though its obviously a less viable tactic with all the speed/damage/etc. nerfs
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2013, 01:19:39 am »
Thats exactly how I feel Witchcraft, and with tunics you are more likely than not to be hit more than once. With high athletics you should avoid group melee fighting anyway.

Inb4 aimbotting archer a'la Aderyn or whatever with Rus, Yumi or Horn Bow +3 1shots you from the other end of the map.

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2013, 01:40:59 am »
+3
I would go with arbalest, I watch Silveredge destroy with it so I imagine he thinks it the best, and ill take his word  on anything crossbow related

I was trying out JesusChrist's Heavy Crossbow.  I would say the reload speed to stopping power ratio is the best on the Heavy Crossbow, if you compare them solely on those two points I would say it would be the best choice.  However the normal Crossbow gives you the most consistent performance per round.  There's a lot more to consider when you're trying to pick which one fits your playstyle.  Slots is another thing you have to think about.  If you're on a map where you will get plenty of time to use up a stack of bolts, the Normal Crossbow is a better weapon(Unless you really dont care at all about melee).  It gives me the option to manually load another stack of bolts when I know I will use them and I don't mind the extra weight.  The Arbalest is a great weapon, but you either rape with it or do poorly.  The Arbalest is the absolute worst crossbow when the other team charges your position or you have a highly mobile fight, however it is the most devastating crossbow in a single shot.  But the Heavy Crossbow is not too far behind.

My favorite is the normal Crossbow, it has the most flexibility out of all of them.  Gives you the option to carry 2 stacks of bolts and still have a reliable weapon if you're 1h, or a good 2h and 1 stack of bolts depending on your wpf.  It does enough damage with headshots to 1-shot most of the cRPG population even at moderate range and in the hands of an efficient crossbowman, can manage in a mobile fight.  The weight nerfs really hurt crossbowmen, its incredible how much slower you move now, this is just another reason to go with the lighter choice.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:46:41 am by Silveredge »