Author Topic: Round 2. Justify ban  (Read 1865 times)

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Round 2. Justify ban
« on: January 02, 2013, 04:38:50 am »
Someone straighten this out.   I go by doors and gates and bastards swing through, attacking and killing me.  Now, it just so happens Im playing along with a rookie moderator, desire, and she says something I was stabbing through gates with the pike was illegal.   Ok.   I read in pink writing Using pikes to stab through gates is illegal.   I am pretty well educated. I read it, and did stabbed again.

Im no moderator, but I really do believe that an admins job is to only step in when they need to.  No one was bitching or complaining...  besides, in my head, I was doing nothing wrong. More importantly, I didnt know it was against the rules.     

Ive seen some debauchery with desire before.  Shes a quick tempered person who occasionaly does well, but for the most part, is generally a stereotypical "i get upset and will fabricate rules if you piss me off"

Straighten this out, and unban me promptly.  Its really not my fault im 2good4u.  I enrich the NA playerbase and have many aquaintences. I dont break rules, and bring alot to the table.

This hasnt been the first time a "rookie" admin has quickly acted irresponsibly. It gives the admins a bad name,

Can this be justified by the playerbase, I believe this ban was ill-thought out.  Desire locked the previous thread instantly. THis is to prevent the debate that would ensue that it was an abuse of power situation. She knew it was a poor decision, and is trying to avoid consequence
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 04:44:17 am by slimpyman »

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
Re: Round 2. Justify ban
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 05:03:21 am »
Someone straighten this out.   I go by doors and gates and bastards swing through, attacking and killing me.  Now, it just so happens Im playing along with a rookie moderator, desire, and she says something I was stabbing through gates with the pike was illegal.   Ok.   I read in pink writing Using pikes to stab through gates is illegal.   I am pretty well educated. I read it, and did stabbed again.

Im no moderator, but I really do believe that an admins job is to only step in when they need to.  No one was bitching or complaining...  besides, in my head, I was doing nothing wrong. More importantly, I didnt know it was against the rules.     

Ive seen some debauchery with desire before.  Shes a quick tempered person who occasionaly does well, but for the most part, is generally a stereotypical "i get upset and will fabricate rules if you piss me off"

Straighten this out, and unban me promptly.  Its really not my fault im 2good4u.  I enrich the NA playerbase and have many aquaintences. I dont break rules, and bring alot to the table.

This hasnt been the first time a "rookie" admin has quickly acted irresponsibly. It gives the admins a bad name,

Can this be justified by the playerbase, I believe this ban was ill-thought out.  Desire locked the previous thread instantly. This is to prevent the debate that would ensue that it was an abuse of power situation. She knew it was a poor decision, and is trying to avoid consequence

Well first off Id like to point out That I did warn you before you stabbed again that it was against the rules. Perhaps you should have taken my previous warning more seriously? There were people complaining, and one of them even complaining in global chat about it, so I decided to spectate you for around 20 seconds

What does my temper have anything to do with you breaking the rules? and I don't even have a quick temper but that is off topic. What have you seen me do before this? ban demento and Vex for swinging a Claymore through a solid door that is about all I have done.

Again with these claims with me making up rules as I go. I warned you, You decided to ignore me thats fine its your choice, I then witnessed you do the very thing people were complaining about. I asked you again in Pink text if I hadn't already warned you before? and you replyed with the door was already broken, Which is a lie. I don't respect liars.

If I knew how to lock threads I'd agree with you I might have, but like you said I am a rookie.

Also I will not unban you.

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 05:17:05 am »
Ok, so youre specialty is banning Well known and highly reputable NA players like VEx and demento for chopping through doors?  And you Hate me for piking through gates?  It seems your specialty is banning people for door/gate infractions! how talented.

Im usually a gentleman, so excuse me, but youre actions are silly. You even UNLOCKED (or someone else did, i apologize) the thread after i pointed out that you locked it in a releated thread.

by the way, I specifically want to point out that in any of my total 6-8 total stabs through objects with a pike i never noted anyone complaining about it... Im a respectful player and play to my environment.

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 05:18:40 am »
Glitching is allowed, being an asshat isn't

OK: hiding (e.g. in the hay)
    NOT OK: hiding when last man standing (i.e. delaying)
    NOT OK: using a siege shield to reach a roof that can't be reached normally
    NOT OK: camping unreachable places
    NOT OK: exploiting invisible barriers
    NOT OK: going out of map bounds (if you can see unfinished parts of the map, then you should not be there)
    NOT OK: ladderpulting

straight for the rules. i broke none.

http://forum.meleegaming.com/announcements/official-server-rules/

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 05:24:11 am »
1: "first rule of em all: common sense" - Hitting through solid things (Common sense says no.)
2 : No exploiting of any kind (Hitting through solid things... Seems like an exploit.)
3 : Glitching is allowed, being an asshat isn't (Hitting through solid things seems like a pretty asshatty type thing.)

The rules have grey areas. I agree with you that the rules aren't perfect, but they are close enough.

Small Edit : Added () around my comment on the second rule.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 05:46:00 am by Scilla »

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 05:29:58 am »
k lets straighten this out there's 2 options:

1. If the door had holes, than piking through the gate is legal.
2. If the door was just plain solid, with no holes what so ever in it, than it is illegal

Choose one, it's a really simple concept.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 05:33:30 am »
k lets straighten this out there's 2 options:

1. If the door had holes, than piking through the gate is legal.
2. If the door was just plain solid, with no holes what so ever in it, than it is illegal

Choose one, it's a really simple concept.

I said "solid doors", So its obvious that I am enforcing option 2.  and he is complaining that I am enforcing it.

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 05:45:52 am »
If that's so, i believe it should be a bannable offense, imagine if you were the one being piked through a solid door, you'd probably be raging, atleast i would cuz in general i hate pikes and i hate it even more when it is glitching through solid objects when it really shouldn't be. I'd say if you were already warned for breaking the physics of the game, and then you break it again, there is no other way to send the message to stop doing it than to give the person a little break from the game to understand their punishment.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 05:46:13 am »
take the ban off and i suppose ill let this one slide.

but my point is still valid. I didnt know stabbing through doors was any more illegal then a gate. Now i know. Since shes super admin, I suppose she believes someone can totally change their gameplay style at the drop of a dime.   I did this action many times before, as this is my 9th gen as a piker and never had any idea what i was doing was believed to be wrong. I never was told before, and today was the first time in all my time playing i ever encountered this discussion ingame.  dont knock me for not being a forum lurker.

Unban me. You cant sensibly hold your head up and say "I FELT THE BAN WAS SERIOUSLY DETRIMENTAL TO THE EXPERIENCE AND METAGAME OF CRPG."

this game is competitive. sorry if I look and play to win. I have a competitive mindset. Dont ban people who are trying to further increase the metagame in high level play.

gtfo and unban me.

desire, dude i never seen you before, or even heard of you. I dont know where you come from, and frankly, I dont care. I dont care for you after this incident as well. Grow up. perhaps everyone is right youre a glass cannon admin who is a young person, and immature..   what a triple whammy.

give me my 12 hour ban. I hope youre happy. Perhaps Next time we meet, I continuously slap you in the face with my pike (on opposite team :)   and get banned for griefing.

just gtfo. im going to try and log in 10 mins from now.  pray to the FSM i can log in successfully :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 05:52:11 am by slimpyman »

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 05:53:43 am »
If that's so, i believe it should be a bannable offense, imagine if you were the one being piked through a solid door, you'd probably be raging, atleast i would cuz in general i hate pikes and i hate it even more when it is glitching through solid objects when it really shouldn't be. I'd say if you were already warned for breaking the physics of the game, and then you break it again, there is no other way to send the message to stop doing it than to give the person a little break from the game to understand their punishment.

this is about right and wrong.  this isnt about raging and acting out while youre raging.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 05:57:04 am »
take the ban off and i suppose ill let this one slide.

but my point is still valid. I didnt know stabbing through doors was any more illegal then a gate. Now i know. Since shes super admin, I suppose she believes someone can totally change their gameplay style at the drop of a dime.   I did this action many times before, as this is my 9th gen as a piker and never had any idea what i was doing was believed to be wrong. I never was told before, and today was the first time in all my time playing i ever encountered this discussion ingame.  dont knock me for not being a forum lurker.

Unban me. You cant sensibly hold your head up and say "I FELT THE BAN WAS SERIOUSLY DETRIMENTAL TO THE EXPERIENCE AND METAGAME OF CRPG."

this game is competitive. sorry if I look and play to win. I have a competitive mindset. Dont ban people who are trying to further increase the metagame in high level play.

gtfo and unban me.

I am truly sorry you have been spoiled by the lack of admins in the NA 2 siege server, I am glad you admitted fault, but I will still not unban you perhaps you will learn your lesson this way. Call me what you will, hate me if you must.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 06:09:35 am »
Ban time increased by a half a day because of his attitude.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 06:13:05 am »
desire, dude i never seen you before, or even heard of you. I dont know where you come from, and frankly, I dont care. I dont care for you after this incident as well. Grow up. perhaps everyone is right youre a glass cannon admin who is a young person, and immature..   what a triple whammy.

give me my 12 hour ban. I hope youre happy. Perhaps Next time we meet, I continuously slap you in the face with my pike (on opposite team :)   and get banned for griefing.

just gtfo. im going to try and log in 10 mins from now.  pray to the FSM i can log in successfully :)

Replying to your edit:

So you were lying then? or now?

Can someone lock this thread too... I can't do it lol.