Author Topic: A humble request for support in our invasion  (Read 10356 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: A humble request for support in our invasion
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 08:39:33 pm »
+1
I don't think the increasing spawn timers is the problem (well maybe somewhat because as attackers it's incumbent on you to kill x amount of people before the timer runs out) but I think the main problem is just the timer for the very large battles.

If a defender has over 2000 troops (that's our magic number) there's no way to attack them and win if you try to kill all their troops.  The only way to win would be to take the flags (which is very difficult as most people know on an open field battle). 

Kesh has a 2700 man army, but even if we throw 6000 troops at his army, we wouldn't be given enough time to kill 2700 troops.  The timer is just fucked right now so people over 2000 troops can walk around the map wherever they want because anyone who attacks them is a moron.  The only way to win these battles (IMO) is to send smaller armies at them and just keep attacking.  Being that their in our lands, we have the advantage that we can have another army waiting after the original battle happens.  But this is a pretty shitty way to have to win battles.

At least we know FCC won't attack any of our armies in our own lands anymore (since we can always reinforce over 2000 troops within 5 hours), so we have free passage to roam as we please.

And Strategus has yet again, another larger issue which prevents meaningful strategy from taking place.  YEAH!!!!  Not sure if this is as bad, or worse than beginning of strat 3 where nobody wanted to attack because they'd lose all their horses that people were still riding when the battle ended.

Strategus needs some TLC.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:45:11 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2012, 09:11:53 pm »
+2
Gotta watch those flags, yo.

which is very difficult as most people know on an open field battle

Funny timing with that.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2012, 09:16:04 pm »
Yeah I just heard, I was referring to capturing defenders flags (since they're typically hanging back near the flags, or closer and with more people than the attackers), so not exactly relevant :P
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2012, 09:26:38 pm »
+5
I think the number is closer to 1300 good merc defending are hard to beat unless you get the flags. As attackers to run into the grinder which takes time. form up charge again... over and over. each time increasing your spawn timer... at 30 mins in it takes 30 secs per spawn or more. defense has longer between fights... they can start trying to catch your flags since your are reviving super slow. ugly cycle as attacker in larger fights. add to the fun about this time the server takes a dump and u slowdown . making it harder to get kills.
Leader of BS

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2012, 09:26:46 pm »
You didn't address the issue I brought up
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2012, 11:03:53 pm »
+6
No offense maeday, but when i saw you first on hospitaller side, they actually had more mercs signed up.  They also have more troops and they have more members than fcc (just look they have half again as many of their guys that can make the midday fight they initiated than we can in our own faction).  Would appreciate you signing up for the underdogs - we are in a war with a  faction with more troops and they are defending in their own territory to boot with the benefits of population.  Really should be mercing for us.

Sorry but the "Hospitallers is bigger' excuse don't work here at all, you guys have a big ass territory, are more active, have better organization, better trade routes/trade partners, you destroyed KUTT in an easy 1 sided war getting tickets and probably goods/gear in the process making you even bigger. You're not the underdog here at all, they are... hell they struggle to fill their roster for the battles unless they go and mass recruit EU people and they have trouble filling even with them. Lets not kid ourselves there, everybody knows who are the 2 big power block on NA side of the map
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2012, 11:20:12 pm »
everybody knows who are the 2 big power block on NA side of the map

Occitan with 14k+ troops and 1.5 million gold and Hospitallers with 11,600 troops in their fiefs alone and I can see 3 armies with another 4000 troops right near me, not including what their other guys have and that is after losing 3K troops today.  Im sorry but FCC does not have 20k troops like Hosp and we are attacking.  Our only real chance of winning is averaging a 2:1 k/d.

P.S. Arrowaine - just check their fiefs - 11,600 troops, i have aderyn with 1532, sjimmy 1546, and farrix 1024 troops near me.  They still have 50 other members with troops, is it that hard to believe the other 40 have a combined troop total of at least 4,500 troops??  king_itchy last i saw him had 700, so 3,800 more.  Why do you turn every statement of facts as some kind of conspiracy if it doesn't favor your self-image as the good guy?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:14:18 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2012, 11:40:25 pm »
+4
Occitan with 14k+ troops and 1.5 million gold and Hospitallers with 11,600 troops in their fiefs alone and I can see 3 armies with another 4000 troops right near me, not including what their other guys have and that is after losing 3K troops today.  Im sorry but FCC does not have 20k troops like Hosp and we are attacking.  Our only real chance of winning is averaging a 2:1 k/d.

I think we made it clear enough that we are not affiliated with hospitallers anymore on strat even though we like a bunch of them (What can we do, we've been on the same TS forever). Our contribution stops with the occasional trade routes and the mercing when we bother to show up. Our troops are not linked to theirs whatsoever and we never made any kind of Defensive pact or anything that looks like it. I can't be 100% certain but hosp lost a shit ton of tickets since strat 4 started and if they have that many left youre probably not far of that amount yourself

As for ourselves, if we could gather a good amount of troops/gold having no stable fiefs beside my 1 castle NA side and being forced to move all across the map since the beginning of this version of strat, i don't even wanna know how much troops most medium sized clans like us have gathered so far let alone one of the bigger more active clans on the map.

On a side note i must add that our relations could probably have been better (FCC/Occitan) but the sad truth is that you guys keep attacking ppl we respect and like so i can't ask the guys in the clan to sign up for your side. We've never been the kind of Clan that sign up in mass against clans we have good relations with and never will be. It just does not feel right... in my book anyway.
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2012, 12:00:50 am »
+2
lol hospitaller with 20k troop maybe with all population hahah this is funny stuff :) and well shame for them that they dont have any trade partner like you with velucain empire. Nh closing boarder to them all north is fcc vasal and under a paper against huge clan.

ps you may get afraid to see real number.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:03:58 am by arowaine »
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2012, 12:10:32 am »
20 k might be pushing it but I count 12,000 just in standing armies in the fiefs (not population)  and kesh sees 4,000 troops outside the fiefs marhcing. 16,000 troops.... and that is what we can see. So I would imagine 20k is not super far off the mark
Leader of BS

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2012, 12:17:16 am »
+3
I don't understand how FCC is the underdog!? I'm not trying to be insulting or anything but we were battered from the last war, We have been locked down in the steppe this whole time, our trade is slim and even then we cant do much as again we have been locked down in the steppe for 95% of this strat. As shin pointed out you have free reign of the map with trades and gold and could continuously send good gear and troops at us as you have nothing else to worry about.

We do have the advantage of having our castles/cities near by, but with no real income how much can we really do? Send our troops out with low tier gear to the slaughter house? FCC  has walked into our land and stold our S&D and gets to walk away with little resistance, and even if we do try and send out armies we need to deal with that timer as it has already been pointed out that the attackers have the large disadvantage. Now that is a great strategy for FCC, Bleed us dry and walk all over us, But saying you are the underdog is a little outlandish in my opinion.

I don't want to diminish FCC here, I'm honestly impressed in your tactics and you guys are doing a great job, The leaders/shot callers from FCC should be proud.

Basically If you want truly epic battles, allow us to actually build so we could do something other than turtle and allow any faction to walk all over us (The down side being we could possibly turn into asshats and walk over other clans if we were to get too big, which would have been the way others seen us before, which is not the case now) Or you continue to keep us down and we possibly lose this war at this rate of oppression (Downside and worst case scenario this turns into a Kutt like situation as members get over frustrated and leave.

I am talking worst and best case scenario there, and these are my opinions. But to say we have the upper hand or advantage is extremely over estimating us.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2012, 12:38:35 am »
+2
I hope I was not conveying we were the underdog. That might be some kesh dogma but I do not agree. I think we are roughly even at this point. Size wise on paper we are very similar. Its very hard to factor in who is actually playing for any faction and clearly no one has 100% member participation.. us included.

Things can swing our way with a few tactics... We can try and crack the turtle shell. We tried and eventually could have maybe worn you down... in doing so we would have worn ourselves to shadows as well. We do not really want your fiefs and could not properly take care or defend them if we did.

(how fun would it be to have the destroy fief option? You win the fight but do not want the fief pick destroy instead of capture... knocking it out of the game a week or two maybe for the whole round. That way give more reason to hit peoples land.. forcing the map over time to get smaller and smaller.. creating competition. Would be a ton of fun I think... sorry just a random thought)

Second tactic raid your SD.. create a dynamic where it is difficult to support the troops you do have. Which will soften things up for a push at a later date. Force you to come out of the turtle shell and attack us giving us greater advantage.

Second makes more sense with the way the game is coded at the moment.
Leader of BS

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2012, 12:58:09 am »
+1
I really have to ask: Why is it so important that you guys have Transitional Armor in all of your battles? I think I even saw some Transitional in the battle today where the attacker bled over 200 troops due to running out of gold.

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2012, 01:08:14 am »
+1
I agree Bale, and your strategy is sound. Was more less responding to Kesh's assumption that the FCC is the underdogs as you may think we have this secret massive supply of gold, gear and troops.

Just want others to realize we could use some help :)

And I do understand why others are signing up with FCC for these battles, especially their neighbours and I would always commend them for it, I'm just talking about the mercs that are not necessarily involved with this war directly.

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2012, 01:09:09 am »
+1
I really have to ask: Why is it so important that you guys have Transitional Armor in all of your battles? I think I even saw some Transitional in the battle today where the attacker bled over 200 troops due to running out of gold.

-4 crap left over from battles of LONG ago, Were trying to get rid of all the junk/broken items.