Author Topic: Weekly Top Valour Winners  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Perceval

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Top Valour Winners
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 05:52:54 am »
The one thing that bothers me about valour is that it rewards people going after the easier targets. Say you want to get valour this round because you're on x5 and just got teamswitched (or you're now after valour because you'll be rewarded something at the end of the week); will you go after targets that could kill half your team or noobs that will give you just as many points, spend way less time fighting and are less likely to kill you?

Some rounds are about a few good players avoiding the opposing team's good players until the end of the round, competing on how fast they can kill everyone else, ending with the losing side getting ganked. It's a valid tactic, but it shouldn't be rewarded.

Now about ranged score. I don't care if you got those difficult shots halfway across the map if your targets were baddies. However if you shotgunned this elite player, which surely made the odds for your team better, you should get more points, regardless of how easy or difficult the shot was.

Points should be rewarded for damage dealt (melee, ranged, doesn't matter) x target's value, shared with teammates nearby, and that's it. A player's value could be its global K/D ratio, or whatever. If we ever get a good scoring system it should really be based on average score, because K/D is rather meaningless.

New players are getting a tough time and valour is to blame to some extent. Anyway valour is broken and shouldn't give any reward, not even a free multi.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 11:00:46 am »

Some rounds are about a few good players avoiding the opposing team's good players until the end of the round, competing on how fast they can kill everyone else, ending with the losing side getting ganked. It's a valid tactic, but it shouldn't be rewarded.

That is because it rewards passive game play.
Every time i try to play for the team and try to kill ppl who i know will have most of the kills i get killed by other team because nobody want to help me,or enemies have too much ppl vs me.
So if you just follow group od 5-6 ppl and run away from hard fight you can get points easily.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 11:17:24 am »
+1
Fuck valour. I enjoy long range headshots much more than getting valour. And when somebody comes close I just pull out my wooden stick and die  trying to block the incoming attacks

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 12:32:07 pm »
I'd rather see kill death ratios. Valor just means you wield a 2her at the moment.

I farm valour by the dozens when i play, im 1h + shield... Stay near the fight, deliver a lot of hits to the enemy and more importantly stay alive.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2012, 03:21:31 am »
The one thing that bothers me about valour is that it rewards people going after the easier targets.

People will always do that. You mean to tell me you've never gotten couched at spawn for spawning in late? Or that you don't use afk peasants or unaware archers as bait so you get a free hit or two on the enemy?

Going for easier targets is also a big strategy. Killing someone lowers the damage capacity of the enemy team, much more favorable over lowering the health capacity.

Offline camperus

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: WARPIGS
  • Game nicks: Malahostia, Trollfacegod, Camperus
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 12:11:31 am »
1h no shield on light kuyac or similar (STR build) = valor magnet. Short weapon means less teamhits, good blocking and siegue knowledge gives a lot of points, good kicking skill helps a lot and makes kinngrim rage xD
And most important factor, its fucking funny.

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 01:53:55 am »
Points aren't by damage done at all.  You just get 1-2 points for every hit no matter what.  You can take 80 percent of someone's HP away with an Arbalest and get 2 points.  You can hit with a single throwing dagger and get 2 points. 

The system is terribly balanced and needs lots of tweaking.

This.  Points have nothing to do with damage.  I get 1-4 points for 1 shoting people (rare, but it still happens) with the arbalest.  Don't tell me damage has anything to do with it...
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 03:34:38 am »
I've gotten to the top of the scoreboard by punching before.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline To Kill A Dead Horse

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • May be insane
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (Former) The Black Guard, (Current) Swiss AoW
  • Game nicks: To_Kill_A_Dead_Horse, GaugofWar
  • IRC nick: TKADH
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 01:10:14 am »
I've gotten to the top of the scoreboard by punching before.
Hey Mala, fuck you
Some people are happy just to have 15 points when rolling a boxer build
Quote from: Baggy
If your going to be staring at your characters ass in game all day it might as well be a female one.
[21:08:47] Downloading Textures/this_is_how_children_see_gnjus_norm.dds

Offline Ad1no

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 284
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Of The Codex
  • Game nicks: The_Sosarian_Knight
  • IRC nick: Sosarian
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 12:36:19 am »
I think just about all of you have some serious miss conceptions. From what I see in game damage does matter a great deal when it comes to points. And if you go after easier targets that take less hits you will not get as many points.

Valour does matter. Scoring twice the average points on your team means you contributed significantly. I'm sorry if you guys aren't able to achieve this often but don't hate on the valourus knights that change the tides of battle.