Author Topic: "Grey Area" Map Exploits  (Read 797 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
"Grey Area" Map Exploits
« on: July 20, 2012, 03:43:14 pm »
+2
Can we discuss this without it being a witchhunt? I think its a very valid talking point, and locking the thread like that implies its not really against the rules.

So is it or isn't it? I don't care about the guy the thread was originally about and agree there was a lynching/pitchfork feel to some of that thread
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: "Grey Area" Map Exploits
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 04:21:08 pm »
It's some gay bullshit that shitheads do 'cuss they suck, ban them all.
and unban me! I sry I autoblock!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 04:25:30 pm »
Well to me games always have a base point that people go to. I don't want to be the newb who doesn't remove certain parts of the game when you're allowed to do it. If you look at games like CS you always run configs that make it easier to spot players, or to even have your hits reg faster or see players sooner with interp settings. As long as its a grey area I would tend to side towards having people remove the parts of the map that you can, at least we will all be on the same page then

Editing ini's is done in every game and I don't disagree with it, as long as we know where the line is crossed into cheating territory. Its not cheating if everyone does it, like in most FPS games

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 04:29:09 pm »
it doesn't give you much advantage, it makes the game look like shit and we aren't playing for money, who cares?
FREE ALLERS

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 04:31:09 pm »
But in games like CS you don't just ruin all the graphics, you just use settings that everyone else does to keep it on a level playing field. If you can keep half decent graphics while removing certain terrain elements then I'd like to know how

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 04:33:20 pm »
Blech, modifiying ini files has no problem for me. Hell several of the mods we have out there(louder hooves for example) does the same thing as that graphics ini in the other thread. What's the flavor difference? You can see me better rather than hear me better? why not just make everyone blindfolded to make it truly even.

Personally, i'd love to remove shrubs, they look like shit.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 04:34:49 pm »
Its not cheating if everyone does it, like in most FPS games
Grumbs, I gotta say, this must be the most stupid fucking thing you've ever said, same argument 99% of all autoblockers used, so using autoblock is ok? (unban plz) if everyone does something wrong it is still wrong, bitch.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 04:37:31 pm »
No i'm talking about legal graphic tweaks. If you can tweak in the ini and remove certain things, and its A-OK then I'm not the kind of player to be the derp standing in a "haystack" thats really invisible to clued up players

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 04:56:11 pm »
Play with default settings. Else you miss out on the intended experience. The brush and foliage is there for a reason, to block view,for people to hide. Sure you can marginally pad your KD. But why? Its a game ..played for fun.. you are really only competing with yourself. And most likely you are the only one that really care about your KD.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 05:02:06 pm »
+6
"Grey Area" Map Exploits:
(click to show/hide)
:wink:

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 05:03:27 pm »
Well I never liked to play games were you think you're concealed but really you aren't to experienced players. You can go in the graphics options and turn grass density down to the left, move tree degrade distance to the left so they don't obscure players, turn particle systems off so you don't see rain, turn gamma up at night etc. The graphics screen is only a front end to the games files, changing it there rather than the config doesn't really make much difference.

All that really matters is whats culturally acceptable, what people consider legit. If that thread was a "pointless witch hunt" given all that was discussed then I don't see why you shouldn't tweak what you can. Its done in every game with a competitive element to it like this. You will find its the scrubs or newbs who don't tweak if you're allowed to do it. Its not just ini files too, if you can install mods that make it easier to see players and its considered legit, then people will do it. Like the louder hooves mod (which for me isn't the main problem, its the surround sound that makes it harder to detect where cav is). Its left to the player to decide what is or isn't acceptable
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:13:50 pm by Grumbs »

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE47rDVh3c0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vengt_The_Horsethief, Glorefindel, Vanderkaum
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 05:26:37 pm »
Like the louder hooves mod (which for me isn't the main problem, its the surround sound that makes it harder to detect where cav is).

This!

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I'm always, getting thrown off by hoofbeats sounding like they're coming from right behind me and to the left when they're really on the other side of a building 30 meters in front of me. 
"Vengt, you are like my favorite player in CRPG."
- BlackWhite