Author Topic: What would you like to see in M&B 2  (Read 27977 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: What would you like to see in M&B 2
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 05:46:30 pm »
+1
Improved AI, blocking skill is fine as it is (with to great AI blocking the game would suck as the two armies would collide then stand around blocking eachother forever), I'm talking about Rhodock spearwalls being useless against cav, cav charging into said spearwalls or charging and then gathering in a mass so inf can easily kill them, shit like that, better AI tactics, AI lords getting good enough footwork/blocking/chambering to seem like slightly above average human skill, turney contestants also being given humanlike skills, shit like that, better AI commanding system for battles, improved sieges with siege equipment, and options, and shit.

Some decentish fief management would also be nice, and battles should be able to have more than 2 sides, as in, Rhodock count Joe vs Nord Jarl Jim vs Zlisch_KafeinsBestBitch.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:50:02 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 09:18:25 pm »
I know what I don't want to see in m&b2. Zlichs.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 10:44:59 pm »
+2
Single Player
Number 1, CoOP.
Number 2, More depth. This is not a game for weaklings. The people that play this want depth, otherwise they'd play WoTR or Cod.
Number 3, Siege options. The player has to build or buy siege equipment (ladders, catapults, siege towers, etc.) Then choose what to deploy and how many.
Number 4, Initial confrontation fix. Allow us to choose which troops to have in the battle, along with how many. Also allow us to have a 30 second "prepare" or even have a birds eye view of the map before hand and place your troops, kind of like the Total War series.
Number 5, The ability to start your own kingdom and customize the troops, (armor, weapons, ranks, STATS[based on level.])
Number 6, Improved AI.
Number 7, Ability to build your own castle, wherever you want; costing you "denars" of course.
Number 8, More fief managment and constructions in general. Trade options and "true" diplomacy, (allies, enemies, vassels.)
Number 9, More equipment. I mean who doesn't want more to choose from. (weapons, armors, horses, siege equipment.)
Number 10, More quests. Long lasting in-depth quests, and short a like, and maybe a "true" campaign.
Number 11, (my favorite number  :P ) The more options the player has, generally the better the game is. More depth and choice to be who you want and do what you want while still playing the game the way it's supposed to be played.
Number 12, More factions and a bigger map.

with love, :]

Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 10:57:45 pm »
+1
Number 12, More factions and a bigger map.
That's actually another thing I would like to see. Not more factions as in more kingdoms, but different types of mercenary factions, outlaws, merchant guilds, peasant (communist) revolutionaries, etc.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 12:32:06 am »
+1
I would like to see restrictions on menus, like where you actually have to enter the town and do stuff, I think it would make it feel like you're in the game, and not just some menu manager
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 12:34:16 am »
For multiplayer I had an idea, people could connect in your game and play as one of your companions, like Jeremus for example, and have total control over their equipment.

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 12:51:56 am »
I don't wanna see suckers who can't spell my name, without sad ass motherfuckers like Logen this game wouldn't be half as fun.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 03:02:30 am »
+1
A better sound system, where you can hear footsteps and horses.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2012, 08:21:16 am »

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Exitialis

• Baron
  • Renown: 93
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 09:33:02 pm »
+1
I love mount & blade, have played it since i first saw it in a pc gamer paper or some such, several year ago.

What I would like to add for M&B2:

-More campaign options! And much more detail to the campaign.

-All battles should occur on maximum sized maps. Even if you are battling over a village, it would be usefull with a lot of surrondings, this will make it much more tactical.

-Sieges should also copy the above setting, with a large map, you should be able to attack from many different positions, allowing for more tactic and fun gameplay. Make it work in stages, once you have conquered the outer walls, you will be have to conquer the keep.

-Make the combat npc ai better, right now they target someone and just hug their enemy. It would be awesome if they were more spread out and didn't get so close in to their enemy. Battles now resemble big clumps just swining wildly.
It would be much more awesome if they had stamina and got tired after a while during combat, it would make them slower and force them to back off. Also, not have them fight all in one big clump, but rather in formations and such. So you could actually be in the middle of the battle and have a few meters to your next ally/enemy. Now everyone is a few milimeters away.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 02:02:25 pm »
+1
A physics engine, above all.

More visceral combat. I would like a more gritty and realistic medieval vibe. More depth in combat. More options for teamplay. A whole load of new weapons and armor. More realistic animations and balance. Better hoplite system, spear and shield is my favourite fighting style, but in this game its just shite. Something to do charges with. Oh and taunts and warcries.

I am really only interested in the multiplayer, single player has done its job for me. Probably about 500 hours in that shit, I just don't enjoy fighting AI anymore. Still, who knows, maybe they will make it much more interesting.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2012, 06:51:06 pm »
shieldbash, crouching, proper formations, proper AI, speech, a proper storyline, and chronological realism.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2012, 09:57:21 pm »
+3
speech
Oh God, no. Why would you want to fuck this game up with that?

Nothing wrong with speech itself, but that adds so much work that a lot of other stuff has to be cut. It also removes a lot of dept because of the extra work needed for all things to have speech. Keep it as it is now, mainly text based with some speech here and there. Maybe do like they did in Neverwinter Nights 1 and make some of the main/story/important characters have partly voiced text, but NEVER make it all voiced. This is something that limits even AAA games when it comes to freedom.

This is a good read:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/experienced-points/7588-Voice-vs-Choice
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 12:37:14 am »
Speech is cool, makes npc's seem more human. Nevermind the extra work, Im not gonna dismiss something good, just because the devs can't handle it. In the ultimate warband game(more or less skyrim + warband), characters are gonna speak to each other. Even if it takes 20 years to make a game like that, it would be awsome.