Author Topic: Rome II General Info Thread  (Read 123995 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Rome II General Info Thread
« Reply #1515 on: April 05, 2014, 12:04:42 pm »
Wait, Radious isn't compatible with DEI, right?

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #1516 on: April 05, 2014, 12:19:48 pm »
Wait, Radious isn't compatible with DEI, right?

Shouldn't be, yes.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 05, 2014, 02:28:02 pm »
They definitely arent.

Even some tiny relatively innocuous mods fuck up with DeI (had a camera mod which deactivated the military reforms and gave me access to late legionaires with Rome for example), so a mod as big and gracious as Radious aint going to work, except if one completely replace the other in the mod priority.

Wow i bought Rome 2 for 3 euro lolololo. Its great game with DEI and few other mods i seriously give it 9/10 with proper mods. When i saw reviews after release i was like nope first total war im not buying but half year later what i bought was worth at least 30 euro imo so for 3 was a great deal.

(i allready played Rome 2 more than Shogun 2 only do 3 turns in native when i realize this arcade battles i quit installed Radoius and DEI and was astonished by its beauty)

3€ ?? Where?  :P

I agree with you, 9/10 with proper mods and with the 10 official patches the base game had.
If you're astonished by the beauty of the game, you should definitely try to install G.E.M., it will fuck your mind.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 06, 2014, 03:05:57 pm »
Has anyone tried Divide et Impera? How is it like?

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 07, 2014, 04:55:10 pm »
Has anyone tried Divide et Impera? How is it like?

my opinion is that its really badly done balance wise, but great concept just poorly executed. I like the difficulty, but thats about it.

I've tried really hard to like it, but its just terrible gameplay compared to native. It took 5 minutes for my pikemen to move from 1 gate to next nearest city game on x4 speed (so 20 minutes), that was my last rage quit.

lastest patches has already slowed down native combat considerably, then this mod has slowed down to point where x1 speed is basically slow motion, and x4 isn't fast enough since every siege will last full duration (default 40 minute snoozefest).

there is just alot of really bad balancing. troops move slower, tire ridiculously quickly and are even less effective when tired. so basically your men don't run they light jog, and can only do so for 100 metres before they are 50% effective in combat. the troop balance is literally terrible.

And its impossible to give feedback because every unit is renamed to unpronouncible/unrememberable things. And half the new units are duplicate stat units with different costs, even unlocked at the same point so entirely pointless and adds to the confusion. that is no exaggeration I had the same thing on every faction I tried. for instance greek choppers are really strong starting hellenic unit, if you upgrade building you lose acess to it completely and get more expensive, weaker units.

also quite buggy at times, missile units not firing on walls - the collision of units is really bad they blob and stuff much worse than they currently do in native.

well anyway corsair wanted to play this mod for multiplayer, and I was excited about it but its just massively disappointing to me. so if hes reading, sorry but I just cannot. I get that people have different tastes but I really think alot people don't realise how much native has improved now, since they only play with radious, DeI or 15 other mods.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: April 07, 2014, 05:22:42 pm »
I finally went and did the prologue yesterday (it crashed, when R2 was first launched and was an unplayable mess anyway) - gotta say, the game actually looks good now...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 07, 2014, 05:34:27 pm »
Good news for performance problems on Rome II : SLI and performance increase for NVIDIA users on last beta driver.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Go there and select your own beta driver.

Offline Adamar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: April 08, 2014, 12:02:16 am »
Thanks Banok, that's what I needed.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: April 08, 2014, 10:11:36 am »
Thanks Banok, that's what I needed.
well you should probably ignore my rant and try it, because its worth trying and you might like it. it does play like an entirely different game, which is a plus if you have logged too many hours of native.

I am making my own overhaul mod but i doubt I will ever finish it I spend like 100 hours and only done seubi and iceni. So I really hope DeI improves alot.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 08, 2014, 01:08:02 pm »
+4
Pretty chuffed, think I'm the first/only mod with this

(click to show/hide)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEaFijyBiH8
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 02:19:22 pm by Banok »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: April 08, 2014, 06:26:27 pm »
Looks nice.

Offline Adamar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: April 08, 2014, 08:57:39 pm »
You could go ahead and do Barbarian Invasion.

Offline KingBread

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: KingBread
« Reply #1527 on: April 09, 2014, 03:02:23 pm »

3€ ?? Where?  :P

I agree with you, 9/10 with proper mods and with the 10 official patches the base game had.
If you're astonished by the beauty of the game, you should definitely try to install G.E.M., it will fuck your mind.
I bought it on auction on allegro.pl and yes i also use G.E.M forgot to mention.

you can check this website for nice offers im not sure if they are 100% legit but mine was.

http://allegro.pl/total-war-rome-2-i4127257138.html

I like details like there are animations of combat that you dont know how they end. Cos simmilar starting animation can lead to either dead or separation of two chars, its amazing. Also army system is a bit simplified but i love it cos i hate when you need to go to a castle after every minior battle to replenish your troops it was so boring and make me try to win small battles withouth any losses. :P

Diplomacy in DeI seems to work nice also there are blocks of factions on every lvl of play so first small provinces then minionr empires then huge empires fight togheter so its allways challenging. I also never experienced siege AI problem in DeI that seems to take a lot of fun from vanilla.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 10, 2014, 01:49:22 pm »
Doing the campaign on Native (want to try that out, before i do mods) as Baktria. No sea battles, so the game seems quite decent so far, except when i ran into this one Arachosian army... Are javelin-throwers mega OP in this game?

Also, has anyone tried playing a co-op campaign? Is it working okay?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 02:11:48 pm by [ptx] »

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #1529 on: April 10, 2014, 02:30:57 pm »
Doing the campaign on Native (want to try that out, before i do mods) as Baktria. No sea battles, so the game seems quite decent so far, except when i ran into this one Arachosian army... Are javelin-throwers mega OP in this game?

Also, has anyone tried playing a co-op campaign? Is it working okay?

Well hello there fellow bactrian!
Any kind of ranged, except horse ranged, is easily dealt with cav. Horse ranged can keep your cav quite busy but in the end you will win with melee cav. Javelins do some nasty damage and very fast if they are in range, just never let them get there. Your generals hetaroi cataphracts will cut through those units like butter.

Co-op seems to work fine, tried together with Franke (he was Epirus, i was Sparta) and we got to turn 20 or so without any problems. If you can play it with mods (haven't tried that yet) it should be great. Although 2 players are still meh, like 4 would have make the co-op fucking awesome.
Play with mods even just for the unit variety that most of them offer.