Author Topic: Rome II General Info Thread  (Read 125190 times)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Re: Rome II General Info Thread
« Reply #1005 on: September 03, 2013, 11:26:21 pm »
Got a friend who used around 112 euro on the special limited edition from Gamestop, he's a huge TW fan and got all the games and Rome is his favorite TW game. But he really dislikes this one, says they over complicated the building feature on cities. Haven't tried it yet, just want to know if you think they kinda "screwed up" the building and city management.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #1006 on: September 03, 2013, 11:27:21 pm »
Couldn't tell you... :P

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 03, 2013, 11:39:42 pm »
Running quite nicely on a ~5 year old pc (Radeon HD5870), I have everything on extreme.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 03, 2013, 11:40:56 pm »
+2
How can building be overcomplicated? So far what I've seen is really simple, to me the more depth with building the better. I am still used to MTW 2 system though as I haven't played the newer ones much. Building was much more complicated there I'd say, but not bad in any way. Rome 2's system is quite intuitive and seems to work, not sure what I prefer, but can't see how it would be a breaking point for anyone.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #1009 on: September 03, 2013, 11:48:45 pm »
It's a bit different [construction buildings] , but hardly over complicated. Same as in Napoleon but in everything in one place, instead of spread out over the map. Only thing I'm missing so far is more in depth what the in-faction-politics actually do. Why do I want to assassinate my own generals..?
Monkeys!

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #1010 on: September 03, 2013, 11:52:17 pm »
+7
It's a bit different [construction buildings] , but hardly over complicated. Same as in Napoleon but in everything in one place, instead of spread out over the map. Only thing I'm missing so far is more in depth what the in-faction-politics actually do. Why do I want to assassinate my own generals..?

Because fuck them.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 04, 2013, 12:00:49 am »
Anyone else getting crash and shutdown on end turn? I can't even play because of this shit... :mad:

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #1012 on: September 04, 2013, 12:10:08 am »
Anyone else getting crash and shutdown on end turn? I can't even play because of this shit... :mad:

Nope, but i had my first crash now, too. Right after a "glorious" battle of my 6 archer units shooting a thousand idle targets. I'm not sure how they still didn't manage to make the AI do something better than standing still while getting shot to pieces.

Offline Rogue

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Margrave of Brandenburg
    • View Profile
    • HRE Forum
  • Game nicks: Rogue_HRE Harald_HRE Lodwig_HRE Egidius_HRE
  • IRC nick: Rogue_HRE
« Reply #1013 on: September 04, 2013, 12:11:38 am »
+1
Runs pretty well for me, not a single crash so far, BUT MP campaigns are unplayable right now. De-syncs every ~5-8 turns and the AI takes forever to finish its turn. The de-syncs are fixable with the good old save game transfer, but the frequency and that you have to wait like 10x as long for the AI compared to single player, makes it more than just a little tedious.

Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #1014 on: September 04, 2013, 12:23:40 am »

Nope, but i had my first crash now, too. Right after a "glorious" battle of my 6 archer units shooting a thousand idle targets. I'm not sure how they still didn't manage to make the AI do something better than standing still while getting shot to pieces.

The siege defense AI is pretty damn stupid but so far in all the field battles i've fought they have either been pretty good or omfg do you really just have to insta charge everything right at my center?

Also ive noticed on field battles the ai likes to focus your general a lot with ranged, so you have to keep him WAY behind your lines :/

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 04, 2013, 12:37:36 am »
And here I am, running it on a shit PC and it performs above all expectations. Never even dreamed of being able to touch anything above medium settings, but I have a lot of settings on extreme. It just looks quite jaggy still though, even on my native resolution with AA. No crashes, fairly little problems whatsoever.

Shit PC equals what in your case?
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 04, 2013, 12:44:12 am »
+1
ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Think it's 70, not sure), Intel Core i5 750, 8 GB Ram. I built it two years a go for like 450 euro. Have trouble running a lot of newer games at decent graphics, but Rome 2 runs quite well.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 04, 2013, 01:00:50 am »
That's not a shit pc believe me.

I gave up on the prologue. Gonna play as sparta in legendary, that's my prologue.

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 04, 2013, 01:25:12 am »
My game will probably arrive tomorrow or the day after. I'm not sure I will actually open or just return it after what I've been reading today.

I didn't care about Napoleon or Shogun 2 (never played them), but other than that I played every single TW game beginning with Shogun 1.

The whole franchise has just gotten old in my opinion. It's ok to be conservative about a working core gameplay, but instead of small and random tweaks (that you may or may not like) I am expecting some big improvements from time to time - deeper campaign experience (and not just Empire-like tons of micromanagement), maybe even customizable unit "designs", something like that. The only thing worth mentioning here over the past decade was the addition of naval battles, if you ask me. Wether they are fun or not, at least CA tried to improve the game for once.

I only bought Rome 2, because Rome 1 was the best in the series in my opinion. Warhounds, burning pigs, elephants, chariots, slingers, berserkers, gladiators, phalanx/horde/testudo formations... That's really all the variety you need to forget about the simplistic and quantity-over-quality kind of strategy part. I was happy to learn that basically all of those make a return in Rome 2, but somehow I expected people to be more content with the game and the AI :/

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 04, 2013, 01:35:25 am »
+1
This never gets old... :lol: