Author Topic: Rome II General Info Thread  (Read 125205 times)

Offline bruttus

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Rome II General Info Thread
« Reply #450 on: May 10, 2013, 10:15:25 pm »
I don't mind to pre-order it, but common, in Rome I you received the playable factions without any DLC's
These factions should be in the game, by unlocking them, not by DLC'S
but i have to admit, i complain about it, but the flesh is to weak

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #451 on: May 11, 2013, 01:10:29 am »
+2
Rome 1 came out nearly a decade ago, games have changed a bit since then. This games are more expensive to make and companies always want to maximise their profits.  It's shit but pre ordering games and stuff like that only encourages publishers to do more of this shit.
Turtles

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #452 on: May 11, 2013, 03:24:24 am »
Rome 1 came out nearly a decade ago, games have changed a bit since then. This games are more expensive to make and companies always want to maximise their profits.  It's shit but pre ordering games and stuff like that only encourages publishers to do more of this shit.

Heh. True. And for publishers the more they get in preorders the more they like things. Cause pre-orders means lots of(mostly guaranteed) sales and they want sales.

I hate this shit. I remember when pre-ordering wouldn't be a gamble and games were made good. I remember when preorders weren't gimmicks and developers legitly gave gifts for preorders. I remember the good era of video games. :oops: :cry:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 11, 2013, 11:28:36 am »
Meh, I don't think pre-ordering Total War games is a gamble. One of the only series where every game has been good.

Thoug I did make a solemn oath to myself to never buy another TW game after some DLC shit they pulled with Empire.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 11, 2013, 01:12:51 pm »
DLC shit with Empire? What DLC did it even have? Some scenario crap and some special units, IIRC. Who cares?

Also, just gonna mention this again for the benefit of anyone currently considering preordering:

FYI guys, Green Man Gaming is currently offering the preorder with DLC for 25% off.
Don't.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #455 on: May 11, 2013, 06:09:03 pm »
DLC shit with Empire? What DLC did it even have? Some scenario crap and some special units, IIRC. Who cares?

Also, just gonna mention this again for the benefit of anyone currently considering preordering:

Don't forget the Indian factions being on a DLC.

Ty for that btw, I have some credit on GMG.
Pock gobblers

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #456 on: May 11, 2013, 07:36:16 pm »
+2
Thoug I did make a solemn oath to myself to never buy another TW game after some DLC shit they pulled with Empire.

And yet, there you are. Which is why publishers and devs won't stop this nickle and diming bullshit for stuff that should be in the game in the first place. Because people are still willing to pay for it. I can't wait until they make consumers pay for patches (even more than they already are I mean). I give it 5 years or so.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 11, 2013, 09:01:19 pm »
Don't forget the Indian factions being on a DLC.

That falls under "scenario crap". Wasn't it on a separate campaign?
Don't.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #458 on: May 11, 2013, 09:55:38 pm »
That falls under "scenario crap". Wasn't it on a separate campaign?
Yeah, but empire is where they started DLCs. The Indian factions was reasonable because u couldnt really fit them in to the main campaign but the extra factions and unit packs is a bit much.
Pock gobblers

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 11, 2013, 09:55:56 pm »
And yet, there you are. Which is why publishers and devs won't stop this nickle and diming bullshit for stuff that should be in the game in the first place. Because people are still willing to pay for it. I can't wait until they make consumers pay for patches (even more than they already are I mean). I give it 5 years or so.
Yes, well, need to buy it legally to be able to play the multiplayer.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 11, 2013, 11:58:30 pm »
+3
Yeah, but empire is where they started DLCs. The Indian factions was reasonable because u couldnt really fit them in to the main campaign but the extra factions and unit packs is a bit much.

Yeah, my point was that the DLC with Empire was pretty meh anyway, hence:

Same goes for Napoleon really, it was only with Shogun 2 that it started to get properly annoying with DLC factions, but still not such a big deal because the factions were so utterly forgettable anyway. So in that sense this is certainly a lot worse, since presumably the differences between factions are bigger this time, so you're actually missing out on something fairly significant to the game.
Don't.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #461 on: May 12, 2013, 06:34:35 pm »

I think a little sooner.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 12, 2013, 07:28:56 pm »
+1
I think a little sooner.

That seems like an idiotic thing to do, PR-wise. Would have been a hell of a lot better to include Ranger mode in the base game, charge 5 more dollars for the game, and give preorders a 10% discount to make up for it. Pretty much the same result but much less potential for drama.

Same goes for RTW2, really. I don't get why they don't just include the Greek DLC in the base game (or make them free DLC like Pontus if adding them to the release version is difficult at this stage) and give preorders a discount. It's a way more up-front way to achieve the same effect.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 07:33:30 pm by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #463 on: May 12, 2013, 07:34:11 pm »
That seems like an idiotic thing to do, PR-wise. Would have been a hell of a lot better to include Ranger mode in the base game, charge 5 more dollars for the game, and give preorders a 10% discount to make up for it. Pretty much the same result but much less potential for drama.

Same goes for RTW2, really. I don't get why they don't just include all the DLC shit in base game (or make them free DLC like Pontus if adding them to the release version is difficult at this stage) and give preorders a discount. It's a way more up-front way to achieve the same effect.

Agreed its really upsetting to see game company's sell them selves out like whores.  :|  :(
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 12, 2013, 07:36:15 pm »
Well the thing is it wouldn't even make any difference in terms of money, but I'd be willing to bet that it would generate less backlash by avoiding the negative attitude customers have towards day one DLC. Pure psychology.

Although they're already charging a lot for Rome 2, so depending on how much they're going to charge for the DLC it might not be feasible to raise it that much further. The total is high either way, though.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 08:50:11 pm by okiN »
Don't.