Author Topic: Siege Map Only Works With Pre-Existing Name  (Read 346 times)

Offline Branches

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
Siege Map Only Works With Pre-Existing Name
« on: May 28, 2012, 05:48:47 am »
Okay, so I have two questions. First the simple one:

-I'm testing a siege map I made and the flag automatically drops even when no enemies are nearby.
 It raises if a member of the defending team arrives, but given enough time on its own the flag will
 capture itself for the attackers. Is this unusual when testing siege maps?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now my second question:

-I have my map working great (except for possibly the flag issue mentioned above), however,
 this is only when I have it named Heisenberg, a pre-existing siege map who's "scenes.txt" and
 "SceneObj" data I replaced with my own. I'm just using the name for its magical working properties.  :mrgreen:

If I try to replace Heisenberg with my own name in  "SceneObj",  "scenes.txt" and "strings.txt" the
 map shows up on the "Host a Game" siege map list (and the lists for every other gametype for some
 reason, mayhaps cuz it's originally built off "blank_1"?), but when I load it it's just some random plains
 map thing. Not my map. Therefore, I don't know how to rename my map to a non-pre-existing siege
 map name and still have it work...

This is really the only issue stopping me from submitting.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope I stated my problem clearly enough. I really just don't know if I can submit my map like this or not,
and if not I don't know how to fix it.

I REALLY appreciate all your help guys, thanks for any replies ^^