Author Topic: ArcheAge  (Read 74163 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: ArcheAge (Launch today 19:00 CET)
« Reply #285 on: September 16, 2014, 07:45:23 pm »
You basically rush the quests (especially main quest) until you get 15 gilda stars, then you buy the small house blueprint and slap it down on the land and pay taxes. You need to be a Patron for this, and the only thing I'm worried about right now is that Trion doesn't have a way to purchase Patron status lol.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 16, 2014, 07:57:28 pm »
Will ArcheAge have a Patron Program (VIP Subscription) like RIFT?
Yes! Read more about the ArcheAge Patron program and offering in our announcement post.

What is Patron Status?
Patron Status grants all sorts of game boosts including improved labor regeneration, an experience bonus, the ability to own a house or farm, and loyalty rewards.

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/06/archeage-patron-program-apex/

To ensure that all players have the option to potentially become a Patron, there are two ways to obtain this status. Players can purchase Patron Status as a subscription via real money on the Trion Worlds web store; expect pricing in line with RIFT’s current Patron Program. Alternately, players can use credits to purchase a Patron Pass through the ArcheAge Marketplace – these credits can be acquired by web store purchase, Founder’s Packs, or by obtaining an in-game item called APEX.
APEX, short for ArcheAge Patron Exchange, is an in-game item that can be sold on ArcheAge’s Auction House or traded between players; it grants Credits when consumed by a character. The Credits granted by an APEX can then be spent on any Marketplace purchase, including the 30-day Patron Pass mentioned above. This allows industrious players in ArcheAge to let their gameplay pay for their Patron status without spending real money.

So it seems there will be a 30 day subscription if you want to place a house and pay taxes. Or grind ingame in order to pay for it, which will probably not be worth the effort if you have an irl job and just want to play the game for fun. Doubt i'll concern myself with the housing aspect of the game tbh, unless its worth buying patron status this month then place a couple of houses and sell one later to buy patron status with

Doesn't really seem worth the effort
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 16, 2014, 08:02:43 pm »
Whelp don't expect to be able to play today or soon, but hey downloading it anyway while I play the new emp edition of rome 2.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 16, 2014, 08:19:58 pm »
welp got into the new server (melisa or whatever its called), no queue

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #289 on: September 16, 2014, 08:25:01 pm »
Getting stuck trying to connect to Glyph... Kind of annoyed.

Literally two seconds after I posted this, I got through. They detected a complaint. (I had been trying for 5 minutes previous to that)

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Eddy

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OotQ
  • Game nicks: Eddy
« Reply #290 on: September 16, 2014, 08:37:24 pm »
Had that also tennoth after a few minutes it worked, im now in the queue (approx. >1h q-q).

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 16, 2014, 10:07:58 pm »
I've not been called that for a long time.  :rolleyes:

I'm in now, Shatigon seems reasonably stable, however I don't quite understand why they thought opening one server for all the new players. They've just opened a second new server but I still don't quite understand what they're trying to do. As a founder, I just spent an hour trying to connect to my own server again, I can't imagine all the unfortunate souls who are general going "why is the number in front of me increasing?"

Hopefully everything equalises quickly.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 16, 2014, 10:28:41 pm »
Welp, was one of the first to get 15 gildas for the land grab (and I didn't even rush the main quest, did all the side ones), could've easily grabbed a a beachside spot at Solzreed near bench (which is one of the top spots), but Trion decided their servers can't handle selling credits so i can't buy patron. :lol:

I'm not even sure if I can be bothered playing this game, so I'll take that as a sign that I shouldn't play. :D

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #293 on: September 16, 2014, 10:29:11 pm »
A'ight i guess ill be joining shatignon aswell then, unless i find it too populated. Queue 1hr now.

Actually im dropping in on one of the really low pop ones, Aier. instead of queue place 2000 im at 300.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:39:00 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 17, 2014, 03:07:25 am »
+1

Worthington, my Donkey decided he found a better way to cross the river. Please excuse my rather mad laughs and high pitched squeals, he had been doing it all the way across and I couldn't stop laughing, he got nearly twice the air of the first jump before I started recording, it was great to watch until my brother's heals couldn't keep him alive any longer.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #295 on: September 17, 2014, 06:46:47 am »
So i finally managed to finish a fishing pole and then realised i need some bait worms, and for that i apparently need some farmers workstation which costs millions to make. Then i check the auction house for worms and they also cost millions. Jesus do i really need to grind so much just to be able to get some worms?
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 17, 2014, 08:06:22 am »
So i finally managed to finish a fishing pole and then realised i need some bait worms, and for that i apparently need some farmers workstation which costs millions to make. Then i check the auction house for worms and they also cost millions. Jesus do i really need to grind so much just to be able to get some worms?

Give it a few weeks so people get their farmers workstations and start selling them more. Everything is bound to be inflated right now.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 17, 2014, 10:22:29 am »
Might aswell work myself up to that workstation, pff.

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #298 on: September 17, 2014, 11:49:30 am »
So about APEX.

APEX is currently about 35 gold and will probably only increase in value. It is the equivalent of 1250 credits, you need 2 APEX for one month of patron so around 70-85 gold a month.

The thing is, it is significantly easier to make money once you are already a patron with farmland. I am making about 15 gold a harvest and I can harvest every 2 hours, granted the market is young and there is a high demand for cotton. I am not really sure of other ways to make money but this is what I've been doing. Maybe leveling a profession could work for you too.

So it is definitely possible to buy your months with in game gold, however you may have a tough time getting that first month. And you are going to need to out produce the 80ish gold a month in order to still make a profit from all the work you are doing.

Idk, I'll definitely do it but I'm broke and good at making gold.

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #299 on: September 17, 2014, 11:57:20 am »
So about APEX.
APEX is currently about 35 gold and will probably only increase in value. It is the equivalent of 1250 credits, you need 2 APEX for one month of patron so around 70-85 gold a month.
The thing is, it is significantly easier to make money once you are already a patron with farmland. I am making about 15 gold a harvest and I can harvest every 2 hours, granted the market is young and there is a high demand for cotton. I am not really sure of other ways to make money but this is what I've been doing. Maybe leveling a profession could work for you too.
So it is definitely possible to buy your months with in game gold, however you may have a tough time getting that first month. And you are going to need to out produce the 80ish gold a month in order to still make a profit from all the work you are doing.
Idk, I'll definitely do it but I'm broke and good at making gold.
35 g only?!?! nice 1day sea farm tbh