Author Topic: ArcheAge  (Read 73659 times)

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
Re: ArcheAge
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2014, 02:24:32 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Is this transgender character intentional?  :lol:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2014, 03:00:50 am »
+1
i herd dis gaem haz furies
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2014, 07:32:14 am »
+1
Vibe don,t take DarkBlade totheclan, it's a spy!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2014, 08:03:20 am »
+1
well its not crpg and strategus and we have so few men QQ

but what about your clan, Vibe? how many memebers?

Quite a lot actually, I think it's near 200 people. Almost always 50+ people online. But it's like that because the only sensible way to play as an english speaker on a RU server is to be in an english guild, so everyone from Europe/NA joins the same guild.

In other news, I've been diving myself into the sandbox features more lately, so I don't quest all the time:
Crafting/economy is pretty deep, there's a load of materials/items in the game from different professions that you need for endgame products, it's all connected.
Crafted gear is actually much better than the gear you get from PvE, which imo is awesome. For example level 27 set I crafted was better than the level 33 gear I had from questing rewards. Was really impressed how they've done the crafting system, since most other generic MMOs have you spam crafting useless stuff till max level, where as here you already get useful stuff even on lower levels, while in endgame crafting gear still remains the best.

Farming is also a cool feature, basically you stake a claim in a region where your plants will be safe from other players. You could of course plant anywhere in the world without a claim, but if they discover your plants they can be easily looted by players. For example we've had some guildies find secret areas of the region and plant there so their shit doesn't get found/stolen, most of us use farm claims though. Regions have different climates and these effect how long the plant will grow (for example banana tree grows fastest in a jungle region).

In the case of looting/killing players of the same faction players get criminal points and if they're killed they'll be sent to court and sentenced to prison or even set free by player jury. The criminal of course has the chance to talk to jury and convince them to set him free, while the jury has a list of all his criminal deeds that were discovered - if they killed someone you see a blood stain on the floor and you can pick it as evidence, if they stole some shit you see footprints that can also be picked and sent to court as evidence.

Trading is an awesome feature, basically it works like this: you craft a packet of regional goods in an area and then transport it to another area. The further you travel, the better the reward will be. The more this particular packet of regional goods is traded, the lesser the reward will be, so it's good if you research what is currently worth trading. You can also make uncommon/rare goods packs, which bring you more profit, but also cost more to craft.
The key about trading is that you can't just teleport with the good pack to your final destination, you have to transport it yourself. If you go on foot you'll be very slow, so people use donkeys on land (which are still slow) or do it over sea with boats, which of course presents another risk - player pirates. If you get killed your goods pack is dropped and pirates can take it and turn it in themselves for the reward.
Reward for trading is either gold or some other currency with which you can buy blueprints for ships, houses, etc.

Exploration - the ocean is big and it has a bunch of uncharted islands you can stumble upon. We even found this spooky island engulfed in fog.

In addition, here's some really cool screens (not mine) of Archeage scenery: http://imgur.com/a/5UH4e#0
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:23:06 am by Vibe »

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2014, 04:01:48 pm »
+1
about crafted items I just have to tell something!

crafted weapons are not the best weapons in game. the best weapons which are availeble for players(for now) are weapons from Khazira(Хазира). there is place named as "Колыбель жизни" (The Cradle of Life)  and there are bots. with some chance you can loot one of runes

one - handed sword - Rune of Courage
     Great Axe - rune of power
     Two-hand Staff - Rune  of wisdom
     Bow - Rune of Agility
     shield - Rune of  resistance
     lute - Fleece of fate
//  maybe this link will be useless for you but with goodle translaitor you can find the usefull information about this place
http://www.chaos-online.ru/topic118219/

about crafted armors(and weapons) for hight lvls.
the armors and weapons for 50 lvl are being upgraded for 44-46 lvl (Ernorian from Iramic)... but the thing is Iramic armors are not simple upgrade of armor from 40 lvl. there is different types of Iramic armors for each type of armor.
I didnt craft my iramic leather armor yet but only Iramic leather armor of avenger can be upgraded into Ernorian lether armor. but there is another types of Iramic leather armor...

well I think I just gave very bad explanation so you should check it from players who know all this for sure.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2014, 04:51:15 pm »
+1
No worries, I already know how endgame armor crafting goes :) Currently level 33, so have still 17 levels to go.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2014, 04:54:16 pm »
+1
Please telle me if Djin is open for character creation, in case I miss it or something.

Also not sure I tried some combos but didn't level for too long. Too many freakin possibilities so I'm overwhelmed  :mrgreen:

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2014, 04:57:29 pm »
+2
Please telle me if Djin is open for character creation, in case I miss it or something.

Also not sure I tried some combos but didn't level for too long. Too many freakin possibilities so I'm overwhelmed  :mrgreen:

I will post here when it opens, can also PM if you want. Already have two more people waiting for Djin to open :) Hopefully it's soon

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2014, 05:01:25 pm »
+1
yay

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2014, 09:11:57 pm »
+2
Long 12 man guild trade run :) (mind you I have graphics toned down since my PC is somewhat old, water looks much prettier on max settings)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:35:46 am by Vibe »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2014, 12:50:10 pm »
+2
Сегодня в 17:00 мск будет открыта возможность регистрации на серверах «Аранзебия», «Аранзеб», «Инох», «Джин», «Орхидна» и «Наима».

In short, today at 17:00 Moscow time (14:00 CET) the server on which I'm on (and a lot of the english community) - Джин, will open for character creation. Make sure you create Ferre/Hariharan race or you'll end up on the other faction! (also try to make a char soon because they might lock them again depending on the load)

Download the latest english patch that already has proper skill descriptions (and not in "engrish"): http://aafx.org.ua/news/1

My IGN: Vibe

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2014, 02:01:07 pm »
+1
Aaand it just opened now.

What to make what to make..

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2014, 02:02:36 pm »
+1
Here's a class/build generator you can use: http://arche-base.com/builds/generator it also displays all the combos (not sure if I linked this before)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2014, 02:35:58 pm »
+1
I started out as the necro/mystic.

No idea what goes well with it, though. So many possibilities  :mrgreen:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2014, 02:39:55 pm »
+1
I'm 37 levels in (out of 50) and tbh I'm pretty clueless as well :D

Magic/Conjury/Calling myself

So basically picked Magic for damage, Conjury for a bunch of CC and Calling for stealth and the backflip that gives me 2 insta casts on fireball. My build so far http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#7.2.8/Jrh0rtUar