Author Topic: ArcheAge  (Read 72929 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: ArcheAge
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 09:06:34 pm »
+2

English community is on server Джин (reads Jean), on the East continent (Hariharan and Ferre race!)

Came back on this evening and the queue had finished, but I look at these two races, Hariharan and Ferret and they both look gay as fuck, the Ferret are furries and the Harihan guy looks like some Japanese dyke-man-child, well I can't make out whether he looks more like a lesbian or like a little boy. I'm choosing the Humans, because I'm racist.

EDIT: Even with the English patch, there is still a bunch of Russian writing in all the Ui and menus etc, there is enough English to play and probably figure out most things, but I CBA, couldn't find an option to invert mouse Y axis either which was also annoying me, I think I'm just going to wait for the English version to try this one out, just not enjoyable like this.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 09:28:18 pm by Leesin »

Offline Xelaris

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2014, 09:26:22 pm »
+1
I plan to take the path of a pirate and rob traders sailing over the huge sea the game has. I mean what other MMO allows you to be an actual fucking pirate.
Voyage century online, Pirates of the burning sea, Uncharted waters online and some other. Funny enough most of them are considered sandboxes as Archage and have similar features as well. The only problem with them is that they are not massive but 20v20 or something when it comes to big battles

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2014, 09:54:54 pm »
+1
Voyage century online, Pirates of the burning sea, Uncharted waters online and some other. Funny enough most of them are considered sandboxes as Archage and have similar features as well. The only problem with them is that they are not massive but 20v20 or something when it comes to big battles

Hm yeah I actually tried two of those you mentioned, but my statement was more pointed at standard mmos that have the option to become a pirate rather than a game that is completely focused on naval warfare and piracy. Good games nevertheless, even though a bit outdated.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2014, 11:36:49 pm »
+2
my first boat #roadtopiracy

(click to show/hide)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2014, 02:57:13 am »
+1
everyone was saying they deployed some awful patch on korean version and tuned down most the sandbox elements.

is it much effort to play the russian beta? plz give guides/links/how-to's

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 08:01:33 am »
+1
everyone was saying they deployed some awful patch on korean version and tuned down most the sandbox elements.

is it much effort to play the russian beta? plz give guides/links/how-to's

Yeah they did, the patch is called 1.0, but it is said that both mail.ru (for the russian version) and Trion (for the EU/NA version) hold the rights to say what parts of the patch they do not want implemented and they both realize how horrible that patch was in Asia, so I seriously doubt the bad features of 1.0 will see the light of day in the west. Especially for the russian version, since russians absolutely love PvP and 1.0 kills some of it.

There's not much effort to play the russian beta, basically register, download launcher, run it to download and install game, download english patch, run the patch, game ready. Here's how to do it
If you have to go through registration again you can actually switch the language to english https://e.mail.ru/signup?lang=en_US
Download launcher here: http://aa.mail.ru/download (big red button in the middle)

English patch can be gotten here: https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9659770
Instruction notes for the eng patch:
(click to show/hide)

English community is on server Джин (reads Jean), on the East continent (Hariharan and Ferre race!)

Eh, long queues, needing to mod it to speak english, and the english mods keep being taken down. I'll probably wait till they sort their shit out before giving it a try.

Aww, long queues are to be reduced this week with new server releases and free transfers, installing the english patch takes like 30 seconds, english patch is alive and well on piratebay and they can't touch it there. On top of that the AFK kick system has been implemented so the queues should be faster.

EDIT: Even with the English patch, there is still a bunch of Russian writing in all the Ui and menus etc, there is enough English to play and probably figure out most things, but I CBA, couldn't find an option to invert mouse Y axis either which was also annoying me, I think I'm just going to wait for the English version to try this one out, just not enjoyable like this.

Ah too bad. Only a smart part of the UI (like the map) is still in russian, it's enough to fully enjoy the game for me at least. On top of that, russian -> english patch is being worked on so the translations will get better over time, at least the non-quest based ones.

Also some info on the open world PvP (not the naval one):
(click to show/hide)

Video on how trading works (best way to earn money!)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:02:22 am by Vibe »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 01:13:23 pm »
+1
Also i had partially installed it before i realized i couldnt find an active English patch i trusted, so decided to get rid of the game, at this point it began clinging on for dear life being impossible to remove, and when i found an 'uninstall' option everything was in russian lol, so it took some serious trial and error to remove... With that malware-esque experience i'm really hesitant to install until there's a proper English version.

I did put the piratebay link in this thread so you guys didn't have to look for it :P

As for the proper English version which will be hosted by Trion (RIFT), beta will be announced at the end of march so release is probably quite a bit away. Also, nothing is sure of how much of the (horrible) 1.0 patch Trion will implement, so it might actually prove an inferior version compared to the Russian one. But yeah, if you're not eager to test it you might as well wait for that.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2014, 02:09:04 pm »
+1
Yeah there is enough English to play but some of the English is pretty bad and makes some things harder to understand than it should be. Plus I cant play games without inverted Y axis on mouse, I couldnt seem to find an option to change that either so I got tired of fumbling about with normal mouse and descriptions written in Engrish lol. I know I can have some fun in this game but I have to figure out where mouse invert is and get the time to learn how everything works. But with this queu it is just gonna have to wait.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2014, 02:20:45 pm »
+1
Yeah there is enough English to play but some of the English is pretty bad and makes some things harder to understand than it should be. Plus I cant play games without inverted Y axis on mouse, I couldnt seem to find an option to change that either so I got tired of fumbling about with normal mouse and descriptions written in Engrish lol. I know I can have some fun in this game but I have to figure out where mouse invert is and get the time to learn how everything works. But with this queu it is just gonna have to wait.

Gonna have a look at the options too see if there's an invert Y axis option. As for the English patch - as you can imagine, AA being an MMO and all, there's a buttload of text, so the guy who did the patch basically ran all the strings through google translate, thus the Engrish :D
But the english AA community has a couple of russians willing to help with translating at least the basic stuff so it won't have the google translatey words.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:32:40 pm by Vibe »

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2014, 07:44:05 pm »
+1
I have a feeling that mouse inversion is not possible atm, I really couldn't see it in the options anywhere, I thought maybe I was just missing it and didn't have more. I googled it and there are a couple of places I have found with people asking if you can invert the mouse, with one claiming that often in eastern games the feature is left out ( fuck knows why such a basic feature would be left out ), but none had any real responses.

If that's the case then I definitely won't be playing this game, until mouse inversion gets added, if ever, it just don't feel right without inversion and I'm not going to retrain myself just for one game, it will fuck my brain up  :lol:.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2014, 08:23:46 pm »
+1
Yeah, asked around in guild, no invert mouse option sadly.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2014, 09:25:43 pm »
+1
Really puzzling for me why a game at this stage of development doesnt have this basic feature, but oh well guess I will just have to give this one a miss.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2014, 07:04:24 pm »
+1
Really puzzling for me why a game at this stage of development doesnt have this basic feature, but oh well guess I will just have to give this one a miss.

Because it doesnt have invert mouse? No offense, but it is quite ridiculous to refuse to play an mmorpg just because it doesnt have invert mouse option, especially when there is nothing like racing or piloting.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2014, 08:15:13 pm »
+2
Because it doesnt have invert mouse? No offense, but it is quite ridiculous to refuse to play an mmorpg just because it doesnt have invert mouse option, especially when there is nothing like racing or piloting.

Refuse to play, like I am being forced to? no it's my choice not to play because it feels awkward as fuck to me, I play every game with inverted mouse including MMORPGs, it feels unnatural for me to play without mouse inversion, uncomfortable and unenjoyable.

Why would I force myself to play a game if I am not enjoying doing so because I can't turn on a simple option called mouse inversion which I have used in games since Half-Life 1 came out, which was probably around the time you were born, no offense. But yeah, when my friends are over and one of them goes to play something on my PC and the mouse is inverted they're like "Wtf" and can't play it for shit and have to turn inversion off, which is what it's like for me when I try to play with uninverted Y axis.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2014, 08:28:36 pm »
+3
Hey I feel you. If you're so used to inverted mouse, then I totally understand. It would be like if I was forced to play WITH inverted mouse and didn't have the option to turn it back to normal.