Author Topic: Third Age Total War  (Read 37653 times)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: Third Age Total War
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2013, 01:20:17 am »
Played this some today and yesterday. It is sweet as fuck.

Playing as the high elves right now.. GOt attacked at rivendell with only 2 sword and archer units there. Demolished an orc army that surprised me coming out of the mountains. 1250 vs 350. They got wrecked.

I was really surprised I held and won. Only lost 70 people vs their 800. My units earned every bit of their pay holding rivendell.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2013, 06:53:46 am »
Played this some today and yesterday. It is sweet as fuck.

Playing as the high elves right now.. GOt attacked at rivendell with only 2 sword and archer units there. Demolished an orc army that surprised me coming out of the mountains. 1250 vs 350. They got wrecked.

I was really surprised I held and won. Only lost 70 people vs their 800. My units earned every bit of their pay holding rivendell.
when i played elves i spammed archer units and some 4 or 5 infantry units, when you will reach mordor in later phase of game you will see that killing all those OP bastards is hard task and spamming archers seems to be most effective way
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2013, 09:33:09 am »
when i played elves i spammed archer units and some 4 or 5 infantry units, when you will reach mordor in later phase of game you will see that killing all those OP bastards is hard task and spamming archers seems to be most effective way

The trolls are the worst of it.. I got ambushed by a small horde of 23 of them. They wrecked a small army I sent to reinforce another town. 300 elves dead and 12 trolls dead. They have insane attack and defense along with the fact that they can run incredibly fast once they get into melee range.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2013, 04:47:36 pm »
+2
try using ballistas against them

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2013, 02:41:55 am »
+2
Definitely one of the better mods that has been made for any game, would be great if something similar were to come out for TWR2 in a year or two.

I wouldn't hold my breathe. It took around 5 years for modders to finally figure out how to have custom buildings and develop tools to properly mod Medieval 2. With each new TW release, CA makes it harder and harder for modders which is an absolute shame because the franchise has such great potential as a mod platform.

I think they're still using some of my work in this mod (Haldir/Boromir/Theoden) unless he redid them between now and 2009ish <3 /self-promotion

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2014, 01:16:14 pm »
+4
Started to play this again. Installed the sub mod FROGS (Which i played before already, great addition to the mod!) and currently pwning with the reunited Arnor. Was a bitch to get though. The sub mod makes the Shadow of Angmar (Orcs of Gundabad) quite nasty enemies since Eriador barely has any good units in the beginning and mid-early game. But now the wild men of dunland are making my days hard. The Balance feels very great with that submod, i'm having a hard time on medium difficulty =D

Also, Divide and Conquer is now in open beta status, so be sure to check this sub-mod out as well. I think they got 32 factions in there with plenty of new units and whatnot.

Offline Little Lord Lollipop

• Duke
  • Renown: 582
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: Frumpty_Dumpty_ATTS
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2016, 07:27:42 am »
+1
Recently dived back into this, theres been a lot of progress on various submods in the past couple years. My favorite is MOS it adds a couple factions to native TATW and a ton of awesome (and sometimes glitchy) scripted events/quests.
Dear Little Lord Lollipop
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team

Offline DKNhz

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Ilithyia_von_Krems, Frieda_von_Krems, Freya_von_Krems, Frauke_von_Krems
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2016, 11:40:02 am »
+2
Nubz, DaC is best of all. It's pure perfection, check the link below.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?667436-Divide-and-Conquer-Version-0-52-Released
Krems is love. Krems is life.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2016, 02:53:49 am »
yeah I recently started playing DaC sumbod and its really a great upgrade.

I still get fairly consistent crashes like every 4th end turn, but still worth it.