Author Topic: Who else here plays Stainless Steel for Medieval II Total War Kingdoms?  (Read 35410 times)

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
Well, I got some help and managed to start in 1350 with technology advanced that far. If anyone wonder how, just ask and I'll walk you through it  :wink:
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
I would be interested in a later start. Don't think I have played any games much past 1300. I haven't seen the Americas a single time. I usually become OP way before that and then I just get bored and start over.

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
+1
Go to this folder: Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

There you will find a file called descr_events. That's the file that makes all events happen at certain dates, which then unlocks new units / armors etc.

So let's say you want to start in 1370, 150 years later than the late campaign start. All the events which has a date from 1+ and up have to be changed by 150. If any of the values are lower than 150, change it to 1, just in case some triggers are required. Some events have two values, change both with -150 value. That's it, pretty easy but a bit time consuming. After that go to descr_strat and change starting year to 1370.

If you want any other starting date, just change all values with the difference between late era start (1220) and your preferred starting date.

Heads up, first round will be spammed by all the events that happens up to your starting date. That includes the great mortality if you start after 1348  :P

For example; gothicarmor 200, 220, would then be gothicarmor 50, 70
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Thank you very much, will give this a try once I get bored with my Genoa campaign.

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
I would be interested in a later start. Don't think I have played any games much past 1300. I haven't seen the Americas a single time. I usually become OP way before that and then I just get bored and start over.

americas have been removed for SS

Offline Ulmarth

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ulmarth_Mad_Haggis
So iv been playin this mod for a long time. And iv destroyed the Early campaign several times. Iv never really played the Late part as much and was wondering who you guys would suggest to play. In early iv beaten the Danish, French, Crusader campaigns. So thos nations are out also England due to me being Scottish :P

Suggestions on new late faction to play and why would be cool :)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Been playing as Lithuanians, on hard, early campaign. Have destroyed Poland, Novgorod, currently stomping Hungary, but also at war with a huge HRE and Denmark, the constant dane and german stacks are rather annoying :/

Offline Ulmarth

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Been playing as Lithuanians, on hard, early campaign. Have destroyed Poland, Novgorod, currently stomping Hungary, but also at war with a huge HRE and Denmark, the constant dane and german stacks are rather annoying :/

If u playing Early i guess u will be looking forward to the teutonics turning up xD

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
If u playing Early i guess u will be looking forward to the teutonics turning up xD

I dont know if its generated randomly (date and number and strenght of stacks) but in my last game I played Lithuania too and I, at first, tried to challenge them on the field but their cavalry was just impossible to match, even with my militia pikemen.

I concentrated in defending whatever fiefs they were trying to surround and completely crushed them with exploitation smart use of the walls and gates  :mrgreen:
Cavalry can only do so much in close quarter fights... And they had like 70% of their army composed of heavy cav :lol:

Offline Ulmarth

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I dont know if its generated randomly (date and number and strenght of stacks) but in my last game I played Lithuania too and I, at first, tried to challenge them on the field but their cavalry was just impossible to match, even with my militia pikemen.

I concentrated in defending whatever fiefs they were trying to surround and completely crushed them with exploitation smart use of the walls and gates  :mrgreen:
Cavalry can only do so much in close quarter fights... And they had like 70% of their army composed of heavy cav :lol:

I read sumwhere that it starts at a specific date, when i saw them appear in my campaign (Denmark) i send a ship across the ocean to have a look :D Sum of the H Cav in this have great stats heheh are Lithuania more focused on inf then? I might try the campaign at sumpoint to see it for myself.

And i ended up starting a Late Byzantine as the faction for my first Late campaign looking forward to getting into it, i have evul plans to try take the holy lands hehe.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Where would they appear from anyway?

Lithuania is focused on effective and cheap light infantry, such as lithuanian axemen, that, being totally cheap, will easily smash the spear militias and other such troops of their neighbours. They have some heavy cav (that is still lighter than knights), some horse archers and some decent archers + crossbowmen. Knights do give a lot of trouble, but the infantry forces i've met so far consist generally of various militia troops, that are inferior to my axemen.

Offline Ulmarth

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Where would they appear from anyway?

http://totalwar.honga.net/faction.php?v=ss6&f=teutonic_order

I cant remember exactly since the campaign i witnessed it from afar and dont remember the year. But i think my link is pretty accurate of where ur gonna see em pop up.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I have the stainless steel 6.4. I can't open the campaigns. It leads me back to the main menu.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Ulmarth

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I have the stainless steel 6.4. I can't open the campaigns. It leads me back to the main menu.

Have u set up the campaign with the seperate launcher before u go into the real game?

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Yes. By the way I have steam version.

Oh tried the second solution here and it worked: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?397756-Solving-problems-with-Steam-Vista-or-Windows-7
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 12:12:03 am by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D