Poll

Should Mains be able to give money to Alts?  (Doesn't include STFs at this moment, and Alts won't be able to give money to Mains)

Yes.  It'll help halt inflation in the Marketplace.  Let's see this implemented very soon!
No.  (And please, comment why you think it's not good for the community as a whole.)

Author Topic: Giving money to Alts (And why it's a good idea)  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
Re: Giving money to Alts (And why it's a good idea)
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 06:50:57 am »
Meh, another thing that doesnt matter being implemented while so many problems remain unlooked at. WOOT FOR PRIORITIES!

This feature doesn't negatively effect you... so why QQ so much... or be so adamant against it?  And if it's just because they have not yet dealt with something that you feel is an issue... that's still no reason to go against this feature... just because in your "opinion" there's more pressing matters (priorities).  Maybe a post saying... hey, you guys should really deal with this first would be better received... by both the community and (more importantly) the Devs.

And I'm sure in the grand scheme of things... this feature being implemented is quite easy to do (as programming goes).  So that's probably one of the reasons why it's been prioritized above others.

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 07:16:24 am »
This feature took me less than two hours total. The more pressing issues (whatever you mean) are usually things that either take a lot of time to implement (clan/banner system independent of Strat) or a lot of thinking to solve (team balance). All developers work on whatever spare time they happen to have and thus smaller tasks get done a lot easier.

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 07:20:28 am »
This feature took me less than two hours total. The more pressing issues (whatever you mean) are usually things that either take a lot of time to implement (clan/banner system independent of Strat) or a lot of thinking to solve (team balance). All developers work on whatever spare time they happen to have and thus smaller tasks get done a lot easier.

My thoughts exactly.  And thanks a million Espu!!!

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 08:29:33 am »
I want this

and Alts will be able to give money to Mains

:mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 12:03:40 pm »
Yeah Kalp, I'm not exactly sure how this feature that they are implementing works.  Maybe they'll have it as free trade between all characters (Mains & Alts, even STFs).  Not sure exactly what parameters the Devs have included in this feature.  I've been told that Devs may frown upon Mains being able to receive money from Alts, cause it could affect Strategus.  So I decided to leave that option out, in hopes it'd better my chances of seeing this feature approved and implemented.

However, it seems that the Devs may have been looking into this before I even made the original post.  So you'd have to question them about how it's exactly going to work.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 12:17:22 pm »
chadz only accepted the main to alt gold transfers.

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 12:34:29 pm »
chadz only accepted the main to alt gold transfers.

Cool.  I kind of figured that'd be the case.  And I'm 100% elated!  The basis of making the post in the first place, was the hope of bringing financial stability to Alts.

Thanks so much to everyone... Devs, chadz, & voters... your work & efforts are much appreciated!!!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:35:43 pm by Mallets »

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2012, 12:54:39 pm »
What about giving heirloom points/weapons from main char to alt ?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2012, 07:55:40 am »
Just out of curiosity, any idea when this could be installed/implemented?

Not trying to sound like a dick rushing ya'll (not that at all), just simply curious?

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2012, 04:53:44 pm »
It's here!  The "Funding" as chadz & the Devs call it, has been implemented!

Once again, I want to say a big "Thank You" to all you who voted and posted in this thread!  Not that this thread got this implemented... it seemed the Devs may have already been chewing on this idea.  But I think it definitely got the ball rolling for them to actually make it happen.  Meaning, the "Funding" option may have been months down the road if not for this thread (and you folks voice here in this thread).

And of course a huge "Thanks" to chadz & the Devs!!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:58:05 pm by Mallets »