Author Topic: PROBLEMS WITH THE NEW 1.150 PATCH? READ HERE.  (Read 36600 times)

Offline SirDiesalots

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: PROBLEMS WITH THE NEW 1.150 PATCH? READ HERE.
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2012, 08:46:40 pm »
"For those of you who cannot open the game because you are using steam. Download 1.143 the whole thing (580 mb +) will takes more than a hour. So download this instead  (10 mb) and put it in your steam warband folder just like mine:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband. Paste it there and overwrite everything, use steam to open the game problem solved.

Link to fix CRPG for steam users : http://www.mediafire.com/?m36lnc5n9ekpinx

Also make sure you disable auto update for warband, to do this. Open steam, right click warband, press update and turn it off."

nevermind.

+1 to this guy, worked.
I cant seem to get this to work and i dont fancy downloading warband again =/ I am pasting the files from in the folder over my warband ones right? when i start it with steam its asking for serial key and its still crashing at the end of loading screen like it was before

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2012, 09:12:29 pm »
You dont need to convert key. I also have 5x5 steam version key but steam will give you 4x4 key. Just follow link and see picture - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3663.msg68300.html#msg68300

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2012, 09:15:34 pm »
You dont need to convert key. I also have 5x5 steam version key but steam will give you 4x4 key. Just follow link and see picture - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3663.msg68300.html#msg68300
doesnt work that way for me, i only get 5x5 keys, but i followed this http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,30371.msg448324.html#msg448324
and it works for me
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2012, 10:34:03 pm »
I cant seem to get this to work and i dont fancy downloading warband again =/ I am pasting the files from in the folder over my warband ones right? when i start it with steam its asking for serial key and its still crashing at the end of loading screen like it was before

Yes you paste it in Your *STEAM* warband folder not the warband folder in your program files. You only need the warband.exe from the thing so if you overwrite it, it should work. yes you will have to type your CD-key. You can find your cd-key by clicking steam, go to library, on right side you will see there is a thing called Cd-key, type that in to the game and you're done.

Edit: when i install it on mine it didn't ask for any Cd-key, unless you installl that 580 mb thing before
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 10:35:15 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Aseplhood

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Asepl, AseplHood
  • IRC nick: Asepl
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2012, 10:44:52 pm »
But i remember that last time we have had a patch from talesworld. There was a suggestion which i followed including editing a textfile and getting steam executable M&B to work  with the not uptodate cRPG anyways. Does anyone remember the forum link for that?

Yes, you change module.ini file, something with compatibility or so.
But that doesn't work, just tested. It's about WSE. It isn't compatible, and you most likely can't change that.

I myself will just wait for any patch to come, as I don't want to bother myself with the whole non-steam things... Playing other games in the meantime.
The Grand and Great, Asepl's Tavern of Gooodieeeees!

Offline SirDiesalots

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2012, 11:12:54 pm »
+1
I am putting it in the steam folder ill try sticking my backup back into steam folder and just overwriting exe file. I also have a 5x5 cd key so not sure if it will work =/ ill let yas know how it goes im guessing im not the only one with this problem and thx for help peeps

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2012, 11:15:49 pm »
I am putting it in the steam folder ill try sticking my backup back into steam folder and just overwriting exe file. I also have a 5x5 cd key so not sure if it will work =/ ill let yas know how it goes im guessing im not the only one with this problem and thx for help peeps

Woah what no no no.

Install it in your Program Files, do NOT put a non-steam game literally in your steam folder.... EVER.

Follow the instructions.
Install Warband in Program Files like it wants to.
Run the cRPG launcher. Click "don't use steam version" when the pop up says it detected both.
Enjoy at it then installs itself in the new warband.
Play the game.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2012, 11:17:17 pm »

Godspeed brother
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frell, Valperga
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2012, 11:34:50 pm »
For those of you who cannot open the game because you are using steam. Download 1.143 the whole thing (580 mb +) will takes more than a hour. So download this instead  (10 mb) and put it in your steam warband folder just like mine:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband. Paste it there and overwrite everything, use steam to open the game problem solved.

Also make sure you disable auto update for warband, to do this. Open steam, right click warband, press update and turn it off.
This works perfectly and is so much easier than orig thread

Offline SirDiesalots

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2012, 11:49:08 pm »
This works perfectly and is so much easier than orig thread
not for me for some strange reason =(

Offline Imapanda

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2012, 07:59:00 am »
Stop drinking your mountain dew and doing things like "sleeping" and "eating" and fix my goddamned CRPG.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 08:04:44 am by Imapanda »

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2012, 08:05:46 am »
Stop drinking your mountain dew and doing things like "sleeping" and "eating" and fix my goddamned CRPG.

Fix it yo self biotch!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Aseplhood

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Asepl, AseplHood
  • IRC nick: Asepl
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2012, 10:39:51 am »
For those of you who cannot open the game because you are using steam. Download 1.143 the whole thing (580 mb +) will takes more than a hour. So download this instead  (10 mb) and put it in your steam warband folder just like mine:

Also make sure you disable auto update for warband, to do this. Open steam, right click warband, press update and turn it off.

Works, thanks.
The Grand and Great, Asepl's Tavern of Gooodieeeees!

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2012, 03:49:08 pm »

Put something like this in the OP please, its works perfectly and takes like 2 mins.

Download the 10 meg file (http://www.mediafire.com/?m36lnc5n9ekpinx)
Right click Warband in Steam and go to properties, then set "updates" to "do not automatically update this game"
Use a program like Winrar or 7zip to extract the 10 meg file to your warband directory and overright everything (like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband)

Load the crpg launcher and play.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:57:05 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline jbratina

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NARMIN
  • Game nicks: harv
  • IRC nick: Steam- Harv
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2012, 04:29:23 pm »
  • download and install the non-Steam 1.143 client from here
  • if you are asked to activate the game, use your Steam CD key
    • to retrieve your CD key, open your Steam Library, right click on Mount&Blade: Warband and click on View game CD key
    • if your CD key is 5x5 and doesn't fit, click here to obtain a valid CD key don't do this or you're fucked. If you did this and you're fucked, start Warband from steam once to unfuck it.
  • (optional) place the cRPG launcher in your newly installed Warband directory
  • run the launcher and play
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 04:47:49 pm by jbratina »
what the fuck