Poll

Good idea, bad idea?

Good
Bad

Author Topic: Alliances, Trade Agreements, Some More Diplomatic Statistics and Their Results  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Abay

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Steam: badbreaking
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Abay
Hello, I think I have a nice idea about strategus map, statistics and battles.
General situation of strategus is really simple. You save golds, you save troops, you recruit more members and get more powerful. Everyone knows that way but there must be other ways for better organizations and fun. Well, I have something good to do that I think. Lets read them.

There will be some other options like ''Add this faction to your ally list''(if someone has more than 9 rank)
  You will click this option and otherside will accept. So you may join their strategus battles and see their all members on the map. Also you can announce a battle with ''alliance casus belli'' against enemies of your allies.
  What is casus belli? Casus belli means war reason. If we put those options to strategus, diplomacy will be more important than before. Every clan will need a war reason for announce a war against a clan. They may be ''border restriction'', ''attacking a neutral caravan'', blocking trade ways'' etc...  Well, what if someone announce a battle with no reason? There will be reliability lines for every clan in ''Factions Information'' section. And if A attacks B with no reason, so A's reliability will decrase some points and B's allies will gain casus belli against A and their allies after they join the war.

I saw many players in games from some clans when they defended AI fiefs against his ally or his own clan. It is certain that there is something mistake, obviously. With my proposal, those guys(spies or whatever) cannot join a war against their allies.

Ahh, I have second short suggestion about trade. Well, there will be an ''Offer trade agreement'' section. You click on that and otherside will accept. So you may trade with other clan. And you can ride your caravan on their lands for free. But there is another thing coming: What is caravan? We must define it in strategus. So there must be another option for all members like '' create a caravan'' and their limit may be like 500 crates. Unless you have a trade agremment with another clan and send your caravan to his lands, so you give them ''border restriction'' casus belli to them. So they may announce a war against you.

Those suggestions can be improven easily. I was playing Europa Universalis and saw many diplomatic options there. If strategus is a browser, I think adding these system there must be easy or not hard at least. With those suggestions, there will be more fun, more RP, more diplomacy... So the mod can carry the name ''a game''.

Thanks to Europa Universalis game for that. This was a great work and we can set it into the strategus. I made the thread in a short time for giving an idea to developers of the game. Sorry about style of the thread.

Cheers!

Note: I have some more ideas about that. I kept the thread short for everyone shall read it easily. If it is a realistic suggestion for strategus and need more ideas, contact me.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:21:53 am by Hurricane »
[17:48] <Vovka> thx chadz
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Abay

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
poll added, pls read and vote  :)

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_Haze_The_Hobo Haze_Ze_PewPew
I would like to see more ingame diplomatics in strategus, instead of the forum. This idea is good as a base for something new, but it needs alot of improvement to work properly.

Also seeing allies on map shouldn't work in real time, i.e. you see allies where they was like 1day ago, because you heard this from a messenger or something.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:05:54 am by Von_Hazaa »

Offline Abay

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
i.e. you see allies where they was like 1day ago, because you heard this from a messenger or something.

Yea, better to see that in battle for more realism and RP. Well, I think I will prepare another thread about my all ideas with more explanations very soon. We shall write here what we think about it.

Thanks for support  :)

Offline Bozdag

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • i fight for wine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Bozdag, Merlot(ALT)
  • IRC nick: Bozdag
bence de mantıklı destekliyorum.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Honestly you shouldn't have to announce to the world who your alliances are.  If people can't figure it out it's an advantage for you and your allies. 

Also i didn't like in EU3 and CKII that you can't just declare war on someone.  You want to know what my casus belli is?  I want your fucking land, and my army is big enough to take it. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
My advice : buy new 30 cd keys and make your ottomans faction again

Offline Imperious

• Count
  • Renown: 235
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikuku
  • Game nicks: Lacoste
  • IRC nick: DIE
kaçın çiçi elini kaldırıyor
(click to show/hide)

Offline Abay

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Honestly you shouldn't have to announce to the world who your alliances are.  If people can't figure it out it's an advantage for you and your allies. 

Also i didn't like in EU3 and CKII that you can't just declare war on someone.  You want to know what my casus belli is?  I want your fucking land, and my army is big enough to take it.

Well, when I was a child, I thought like that but it doesnt work in real. And, knowing who your ally is not a big deal. If you have an average anticipation, you understand which clans are in which alliances.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
It actually does work like that in the real world.  If my army can take what you have, then now it's mine and it's no longer yours.  It's possible someone else may come in and wipe me out, but you certainly can march into your neighboring city and take it over by force (if you have enough manpower, equipment, leadership, tactics, etc).  You could always fail too, but the point is that you physically can just attack whoever you want (disregarding the fact there could be repercussions for your actions).

And alliances shouldnt need to be made public unless both sides agree it's beneficial to let the world know.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Abay

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
this thread may need more attention  :)