Author Topic: "THE DEV MENACE" (A Satire On The 2H Mace Nerf).  (Read 7318 times)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
Re: "THE DEV MENACE" (A Satire On The 2H Mace Nerf).
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2012, 11:36:45 pm »
nope

l2counterwindu
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2012, 11:44:34 pm »
Yes, he is, he wrote me a sealed letter confirming it, signed with his own blood. He also said, that in his opinion, the 2h Mace is OP, like him. He even suggested it was named after him because of the OPness.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Seddrik_PxC
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2012, 02:01:10 am »
See.  When I post "normally" then trolls invade.  Better to deal with them AND make my point at the same time. :twisted:

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2012, 04:12:16 am »
can't belive this as been moved to spamm...

all it was saying is buff goedendag heirloom!!

(and mace by the same time)
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
Re: "THE DEV MENACE" (A Satire On The 2H Mace Nerf). Episode 2 now added!
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2012, 03:10:25 pm »
oh wow they DID move it to spam..... proof of what I've been saying then about ppl in charge... regretably.

I'd start a poll to get this moved back... but u can't do a poll once the thread is already started and I doubt that between the admins and trolls we'd get very far.

I am grateful that at least the Devs and Admins agreed to pose for one last picture before discarding this topic...

(click to show/hide)

Also they shared with us their policy statement:

(click to show/hide)

-------------------
ATTACK OF THE ADMINS (cRpg Wars - Episode II)

As our last episode closed... Night fell upon cRpg-land.  Fog covered the down-turned faces of many people like BobTheNoob.  Aspirations and enjoyment crushed.  Hopes deflated.  The Eviiiiilll Dev leaned back in his creaky padded chair, crossing his hands in front of himself.  He grabed a potato chip, dropping crumbs down his front as he consumed it noisily.  He sighed in contentment, a smirk slowly developing on his face.  "What next?" he wondered.  "What is the next step towards the total elimination of fun in this game... except, of course, my build and my preferences?"  He chuckled softly.  Leaned forward.  And saw his next step...

He sent forum PM.

In most cases, such a PM would be considered harmless or inconsequential.  But in the case of the Eviiiiiillllll Dev, it was imbued with the full power and dark forces that he could muster.  This PM was sent to the Eviiiiiil Dev's apprentice, Darth Adminius.

Photo of Darth Adminius:
(click to show/hide)

Darth Adminius is shrowded in darkness and shadow (i.e. she ran out of 75 watt light bulbs) and fur.  Having received the electronic missive which instructs her to squelch and stiffle all fun, she moves into action.  She checks her lunch box, making sure he has a large balogna sandwhich with extra cheese, lemon soda and sardine flavored chips to tide her over. She also makes sure that she has a cookie as a reward to herself when the job will be done.  Then, Darth Adminius leans forward and begins to type.

The keyboard begins to glow with eerie light like a red light saber.  The clack of keys, the swish of swiftly moving fingers... and finally, she hits return to conclude her efforts.  A weighty blow has been struck.  The thread discussing 2h mace nerfs, the thread defending pitiable BobTheNoob's plight, is relegated to the SPAM section.  (intense music)

Breathing heavily and seething with dark fury, Darth Adminius ponders what to do next.  Lock the topic?  No... let it wallow in spam.  Mute the author?  No... not yet.  Soon perhaps.  Allow him a false victory which will ultimately lead to his defeat?  Yessssss.....  "I will build an army of driod spammers and mechanical cry babies!  Then in the name of the Empire... er, I mean free speech and tolerance!, I will unleash the secret Admin Clone Army to bring "victory".  Then I will be poised to truly dominate the Community! Muahaha... muahahahah. muahahHAHAHAHhahHAhAHAha!!!

An old clock rings out the midnight hour.  As conflict intensifies, hopes are falsely raised only to be crushed beneath the thumb of the Eviiiiilllll Dev and his apprentice Darth Adminius.

-----------------
ADDENDUM:

Evidence that suggests even the Dark Side has limitations...
(click to show/hide)

Hidden Message In This Episode:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 06:07:26 pm by seddrik »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2012, 07:57:58 pm »
After page 1 most of the posts were spam.  Along with your "satire" original post it's pretty obvious why they moved it.

That being said, the 2h mace was the best 1 slot weapon for an archer or crossbow, hands down.  Slowing it down slightly doesn't change that it's still the best 1 slot weapon out there all things considered (not to mention the biggest reason, you have 2h WPF so you can potentially pick up some really nice 2h weapons on the battle field when you get into the thick of it).

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2012, 08:01:42 pm »
And the fact that my mode of discussion was not boring does not take away from the fact that it was a legitimate thread that did discuss the issue.

People are just not getting it.  That weapon wasn't broken nor did it break the game.  The only reason to "fix" it was some philosophy of internal balance that everything as to be similar.  It wasn't that you could get 40 kills with it in 6 rounds EVEN if you had a lvl 34 character and specked dedicated 2 hander.  But hey, lets "kill the fun and ruin many builds even tho they never ruled the scoreboards, all in the name of internal balance." Still no better arguments than that I guess...  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:10:38 pm by seddrik »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2012, 08:30:18 pm »
I generally agree with you, and disagree with nerfing items.  Items are supposed to have pro's and con's.  I'm against the nerf of the 2h mace (now that they've made their bed, they should lie in it), nerfs make people re-adjust their whole characters and equipment, and that's ridiculous.  Let people get used to the weapons and equipment and difficulty requirements. 

That being said, when they were doing "slots" for weapons, they should have left the 2h mace stats alone, but made it 2 slots.

The pro's for the mace are blunt, speed, and it's THE ONLY 2h that is 1 slot, meaning when you're in a pinch you can pick up a very nice 2h'ed/2slot weapon and dominate.  .  Con's are that it's short. 

I don't think the nerf is that bad, but to be consistent in my views, I don't think they should have nerfed it.  It's still a very nice weapon based on the current stats.

You satire OP was basically spam.  If you want a serious discussion, start the ball off right by saying the important points and keeping it short.  Your first post was a wall of text with maybe a couple of sentences of relevant information.  If you want a discussion on the 2h mace, make a thread about it.  Keep your points succinct and short, and don't dwell on the fact that they've moved your thread to spam, or else I'm assuming it will be locked again.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:32:04 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2012, 10:48:35 pm »
The pro's for the mace are blunt, speed, and it's THE ONLY 2h that is 1 slot, meaning when you're in a pinch you can pick up a very nice 2h'ed/2slot weapon and dominate.

Why do you keep saying that, over and over?  Why don't i just spec polearm, walk around with a shortened spear, and "pick up a very nice polearm/2slot weapon and dominate"?

This part of your arguement is just silly and I don't see where you're going with it.  Your statement basically says that the 2h mace is not OP and you can find way better 2h weapons on the ground.  So you're implying that "You better be careful with being able to spec into any weapon style you want as an archer, there could be weapons laying on the ground or something, and thats OP!  Why don't we restrict all classes to EXACTLY what 1 person thinks they should be and have.  Then we can all be the same and give them the exact same armor while you're at it!"

That's not why we play this game.  One of the reasons its so addicting is because there are so many possibilities, lets not restrict the game to the point where nobody wants to play it anymore...  I agree with balancing game items, but I don't agree with limiting player's playstyles.

Hell the 1h steel pick is better than 99% of the weapons out there...  Better nerf that, and the next one, and the next one, ok now whats next?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2012, 11:05:59 pm »
What's silly about it?  You have the 2h that's taking up 1 slot.  This benefits you because you can now carry 3 other slots (bow and 2 arrows, lighter xbow and 2 bolts) and have a 2h weapon.  If you get into a situation where you're outnumbered 5 to 1 at the end of the round which may require you to go melee vs all the enemies you can then pick up a 2slot 2h weapon.  Also by this time you may not even have 2 quivers of arrows so you can afford to now pickup a 2slot weapon. 

The alternative would be that you have a 1h WPF because most 1 slot melee weapons are 1h's.  I suppose as you say you could use a 1 slot polearm (didn't really realize they even had these).  But the 1 slot polearms don't even begin to compare to the 2h mace, and picking up a more powerful polearm isn't as useful as picking up a more powerful 2h'ed weapon.

Personally when they were choosing slots for weapons I think all 2h's and polearms should have been 2 slots minimum.  But now that they have decided what slots to give weapons, they should leave it, and they should not penalize the 2h mace because of their failures to plan.

You're getting too emotional and not thinking rationally or you would have come up with the same conclusion that I spelled out for you  (and you would have read that I'm against nerfs across the board).  I'm totally against nerfing equipment and weapons.  I don't think they should have nerfed the 2h mace, but I still think after the nerf it's the best option for an archer or crossbowman. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:08:55 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2012, 11:35:53 pm »
And hence my satire...

Everything that is offered rationally is responded to with dismissal and attributions of emotionalism.

You did not listen to Silver's points at all.  No.  You didn't, only enough to "refute them".

It all gets back to a silly philosophy of "balance" in the game.  It is one thing if it totally ruins the game and no one else can possibly play anythign else.  But the mace was NOWHERE near that in any fashion.  Even tho it was really good, you still saw people using OTHER items!  Yes you did!  You guys act like it was the ONLY item ever used by ranged or hybrids.  Such responses are rediculous and deserve to be mocked, because you forget the fundamental attraction to games is their FUN.

When I first started playing cRpg they kept the high levels option open... and people played with level 40+ characters.  i was dumbfounded.  I was Exceedingly looking forward to that, since it is rare that such an open ended "disparity" exists in a game ESPECIALLY a free (as far as multiplayer goes) game.  Of course long before I ever got there they removed that.  (And as far as that "dispairity" existed, everyone could eventually get there too... so it was still quit fair.)

When exciting content is displaced in the name of opinionated gobbledygook about balancing numbers... then something is woefully wrong.

And don't dismiss emotion in and of itself.  If people didn't get a kick an a thrill out of playing then they wouldn't play.  You included.  I guarantee that even YOU play for fun.  If the Eviiiiilllll Devs start hacking into items you have built your whole character around, eventually they will strike a nerve and you will realize they are losing touch with the players and becoming overly focused on stats and  numbers.

And if my posts are "too long winded" for you.  Tough.  Everyone is different.  At least I'm not droll and boring about it.  I have at least provoked some laughter (and other emotions, lol).  So... : P

Try a new reply other than th dried up prune of a thought that says it was overpowered and still just dandy now.  Clearly neither is precisely correct, else jokers and serious commentators like me and Silver wouldn't have identified differences in how it handles.

And no.  I'm not bothering with spellchecking aat this point.  Deal wit it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:41:44 pm by seddrik »

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2012, 12:15:36 am »
What's silly about it?  You have the 2h that's taking up 1 slot.  This benefits you because you can now carry 3 other slots (bow and 2 arrows, lighter xbow and 2 bolts) and have a 2h weapon.  If you get into a situation where you're outnumbered 5 to 1 at the end of the round which may require you to go melee vs all the enemies you can then pick up a 2slot 2h weapon.  Also by this time you may not even have 2 quivers of arrows so you can afford to now pickup a 2slot weapon.

Did you read my response?

The alternative would be that you have a 1h WPF because most 1 slot melee weapons are 1h's.  I suppose as you say you could use a 1 slot polearm (didn't really realize they even had these).  But the 1 slot polearms don't even begin to compare to the 2h mace, and picking up a more powerful polearm isn't as useful as picking up a more powerful 2h'ed weapon.

Huh?  Not as useful?  I suppose Goretooth, LUBU, Noobie, and Rhaelys all spec'd into the wrong weapon category.  Apparently 2h is OP in your opinion and you're biased.

You're getting too emotional and not thinking rationally or you would have come up with the same conclusion that I spelled out for you  (and you would have read that I'm against nerfs across the board).  I'm totally against nerfing equipment and weapons.  I don't think they should have nerfed the 2h mace, but I still think after the nerf it's the best option for an archer or crossbowman. 

Ok, I don't care if someone is arguing "on the same side" as me or not.  If they have a weak argument then I'm going to point it out.  I was done with "sides" when I finished school.  I realized that there is no cut and dry right and wrong.  That everyone and everything can be right or wrong in some way, why else would people disagree?  Just like in war, there is right on both sides.  Dont be sheep.

Anyway, we should stop posting here, nobody gives a damn about the Spam Forum Board.

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2012, 03:23:35 am »
Agreed Silv.  Admins did a fabulous job of killing an actual convo.