Author Topic: Rageball  (Read 37401 times)

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
Re: Rageball
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 07:23:53 am »
+1
I just had to fight an agility S key hero because he kept spawning right on top of me.
This went on for five minutes, no time to even see where the ball was.

Spawning in the targets is just ridiculous. Players should spawn on their own goal with a longer respawn.
I see no room for any ranged builds. (Maybe throwing)
Fun.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 07:26:45 am »
TIME TO MAKE 36 AGILITY 12 ATHLETICS CHAR  :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 07:28:43 am »
Just had a kickass time, and I only have 6 athletics. It's not all based on speed, being in the right place at the right time helps. We need an NA server.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 08:06:22 am »
+4
Truth to be told, if you have a problem with spawnraping and endless fights - I'm afraid I have to tell you - You're doing it wrong!

You will soon understand the reason for respawning where you died. Forget comparing it with other gamemodes. We had a spawn close to your own goal in beta, it wasn't that good. People were suiciding to intercept attacking players with the ball. It was just a matter of luck if somone spawned between you and the goal or not. It also gave more power to those trying to kill all the time.

Currently, killing doesn't mean a lot, unless it is in the right time at the right place. If you play with people who know what they are doing, it often happens that you are standing right next to an enemy in midfield and neither is attacking the other one. Because it would be useless.

In the public server, people still play it like deathmatch, I expected nothing less, it takes time to get used to it. In a week, things will look different.

Long story short: don't fight unless needed.

(BTW, STR defines how far you can throw)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 08:23:03 am »
its brilliant,  just the way it is!  already seen a few specialized chars going at it.  jolly fun chaps :D
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 09:49:19 am »
We have a special map for that, Plazek's old Javelinball scene. Will test it later today on the 22nd server.

Offline Diablo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 09:54:49 am »
Good mod!

Suggest :
the ball should be heavy to run harder.
It will play better as a team

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 10:31:14 am »
lol this reminds me the medieval football

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 10:47:33 am »
+1
I don't think a further slow-down while carrying the ball is needed. One can circumvent the slowdown with dribbling anyway. The reason way so many successful break-aways happen at the moment is that people are retarded. They play like little children play football, a huge blob of players running after the ball, no matter if they can reach it or not.

Instead of this, taking semi-fixed positions seems so much more clever. One or two defenders staying back can intercept most through ball attemps and can be used for emergency back passes. Wingers are usually free of man-marking and provide excellent pass targets. The rest of the team can be central midfielders and forwards.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 11:20:05 am »
+1
skip the fun char should be removed from this game mode,and removed from game. One dude created stf char with over 30 agi and with ball no one can catch him. he always win for his team. it is stupid,and not fair.
Respawn time should be 30 sec,and frends and enmies are spawning at same place. that is also lame.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 11:20:30 am »
Sounds great!

I can't wait to test it out today. I hope everyone will get used to the controls fast so we can have epic matches.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 11:56:29 am »
+1
Truth to be told, if you have a problem with spawnraping and endless fights - I'm afraid I have to tell you - You're doing it wrong!

You will soon understand the reason for respawning where you died. Forget comparing it with other gamemodes. We had a spawn close to your own goal in beta, it wasn't that good. People were suiciding to intercept attacking players with the ball. It was just a matter of luck if somone spawned between you and the goal or not. It also gave more power to those trying to kill all the time.

Currently, killing doesn't mean a lot, unless it is in the right time at the right place. If you play with people who know what they are doing, it often happens that you are standing right next to an enemy in midfield and neither is attacking the other one. Because it would be useless.

In the public server, people still play it like deathmatch, I expected nothing less, it takes time to get used to it. In a week, things will look different.

Long story short: don't fight unless needed.

(BTW, STR defines how far you can throw)

What I saw was one team surrounding the enemy spawn with 6 or more players, killlign the other team as they spawn, and scoring goal after goal.

Offline Diablo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 12:02:48 pm »
The mod rageball really fun!

Some others suggestions:

- As in the server duel, it might be fun to have the teams with the same clothes (colors)
- An element to recognize camps of the teams (ex : flags)
- A map-like football stadium

Congratulations again for this mod

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 12:18:21 pm »
I don't think a further slow-down while carrying the ball is needed. One can circumvent the slowdown with dribbling anyway. The reason way so many successful break-aways happen at the moment is that people are retarded. They play like little children play football, a huge blob of players running after the ball, no matter if they can reach it or not.

Instead of this, taking semi-fixed positions seems so much more clever. One or two defenders staying back can intercept most through ball attemps and can be used for emergency back passes. Wingers are usually free of man-marking and provide excellent pass targets. The rest of the team can be central midfielders and forwards.
I would recommend fixing dribbling. Its lame and circumvents the slowdown. Which isnt severe enough, although it might become better has tactics in the game increase.

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 12:36:15 pm »
Best team death match mod I've played in a while