Author Topic: [VIDEO] cRPG Weekly Duels with Ripper X [Episode #1]  (Read 12915 times)

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
Re: [VIDEO] cRPG Weekly Duels with Ripper X [Episode #1]
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2011, 05:43:56 am »
As someone (the only player?) that has played 7+ months on both EU and NA, I will share with you my observation on the fundamental differences between NA and EU. I accept that this is a dated evaluation (I have been back in EU for several months), none the less it appears to still apply.

With regards to melee, NA has some very good players, as good as anybody in EU, but the servers are full of poor players who crutch on str. Perhaps because of the dominance of balanced or agi-balanced builds, the average skill level on EU is far higher. On NA servers as a skilled duelist you will encounter only a handful of people who are actually a challenge, whereas on EU every other fight will be a challenge.

This applies equally to ranged, as was demonstrated in last strat. EU ranged groups consistently tore apart their NA counterparts. It is not a question of higher individual skill as such, simply that there are more good EU players who have been playing longer.

Cav standard on NA was much lower than EU. Having learned to lance from Oberyn and Assarhaddon in the early days of EU, it was 6 months or so before any NA cav posed a serious threat, and a gain only a handful of players.

I do not necessarily think that it is the case that EU is a more developed meta-game. This would not explain the differing paths the communities have taken. EU never saw throwing dominance the way NA did, nor did it go through a phase of full str builds. I think it is rather a difference in gaming mentality between a community that is largely made up of players from the same country and a community of players from all over Europe. There will inevitably be some kinds of correlation, and on the EU you are constantly being tested by different and varied playstyles of all skill levels. On NA it just seems more homogeneous.

I do not consider any of this as gospel. Just my 2p, for what its worth.

Also, ManOfWar could go toe to toe with anybody in EU very comfortably (With the possible exception of Chimp. NA, think crymoar with a katana.)

hmm very interesting post, thank you
Just a soldier

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2011, 05:50:02 am »
Duelling multiple opponents or one good one. My favourite things in cRPG. Or a perfectly executed ambush.

If you can't win with style, you might aswell not win at all.

Wrong

If you can't win with style you instead take whatever cheap tactics/tricks there are to win, no matter how ugly/boring/meh they look like.
By ANY means necessary!!!!!

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 05:55:23 am by CountBerenger »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2011, 06:30:58 am »
+2
If you can't win with style, you might aswell not win at all. switch to Great Hammer.

Fix'd.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2011, 07:06:28 am »
Also, ManOfWar could go toe to toe with anybody in EU very comfortably (With the possible exception of Chimp. NA, think crymoar with a katana.)

Chimp was always very good, but never the best. And someone like him would be the easiest to fight for NA style, from what I've seen. I wonder if NA has any Phyrex/Bjord style fighters, though.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2011, 03:23:14 pm »
As someone (the only player?) that has played 7+ months on both EU and NA, I will share with you my observation on the fundamental differences between NA and EU. I accept that this is a dated evaluation (I have been back in EU for several months), none the less it appears to still apply.

With regards to melee, NA has some very good players, as good as anybody in EU, but the servers are full of poor players who crutch on str. Perhaps because of the dominance of balanced or agi-balanced builds, the average skill level on EU is far higher. On NA servers as a skilled duelist you will encounter only a handful of people who are actually a challenge, whereas on EU every other fight will be a challenge.

This applies equally to ranged, as was demonstrated in last strat. EU ranged groups consistently tore apart their NA counterparts. It is not a question of higher individual skill as such, simply that there are more good EU players who have been playing longer.

Cav standard on NA was much lower than EU. Having learned to lance from Oberyn and Assarhaddon in the early days of EU, it was 6 months or so before any NA cav posed a serious threat, and a gain only a handful of players.

I do not necessarily think that it is the case that EU is a more developed meta-game. This would not explain the differing paths the communities have taken. EU never saw throwing dominance the way NA did, nor did it go through a phase of full str builds. I think it is rather a difference in gaming mentality between a community that is largely made up of players from the same country and a community of players from all over Europe. There will inevitably be some kinds of correlation, and on the EU you are constantly being tested by different and varied playstyles of all skill levels. On NA it just seems more homogeneous.

I do not consider any of this as gospel. Just my 2p, for what its worth.

Come back to Na you Mofo !

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2011, 03:28:24 pm »
Really? From a ninja? You're a shame to your kind. Well, you would be if your kind had any sense of shame
I don't understand what you mean. Maybe we have a different sense of what is stylish?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2011, 04:51:35 pm »
+1
The reason why EU duel servers seem to have more skilled duelists is because... they do...

Funny what happens when there is two to three times as much EU as NA.

I bet they have more skilled X then we do too.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2011, 04:53:25 pm »
I don't understand what you mean. Maybe we have a different sense of what is stylish?
Since when do ninjas care more about style than completing the objective? Besides, you can always lie about how it was accomplished if no one can prove you wrong

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2011, 04:59:31 pm »
The reason why EU duel servers seem to have more skilled duelists is because... they do...

Funny what happens when there is two to three times as much EU as NA.

My American exceptional-ism takes exception to your statements!

(click to show/hide)
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2011, 05:13:54 pm »

BS, how many good stone throwers do they have?
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2011, 05:17:53 pm »
I remeber a few, even protecting one of them from melee attacks and he finished off the attacker with a stone. lol.

Don't want to tell a BS name, but I'm sure it wasn't an illusion.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2011, 05:19:02 pm »
+1
but we have Palestinians and Village Elders
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2011, 05:21:23 pm »
but we have Palestinians and Village Elders

I think EU has someone besides Pebblepusher who is an expert with stones, though I can't think of the name... Regardless a rarity on both servers  :lol:

Alright, I think we are even with that department hahahaha
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2011, 05:22:14 pm »

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2011, 05:34:31 pm »
if this is  NA skill ?

is not even 50% of what i see in EU

ps: also ripper seams not being good enought for judge skill of  players (no dis-respect)

Ninja have a style? sorry i one shoot ninja they not give me time for see if they have a style 8-(
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 05:40:31 pm by Vicious666 »