Author Topic: nerfed archer again  (Read 29768 times)

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
Re: nerfed archer again
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 08:28:06 pm »
still dont know if it got fixed, but thing aint great ingame now, zig zag people are hell to hit

That's the whole point of zig-zagging isn't it?

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 08:38:53 pm »
It is an experiment, it might get reverted again, but it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

The idea is that archery should not get nerfed by decreasing damage or increasing randomness, but should take more skill to handle. Bows should no longer be lasersighted sniper rifles, but you will have to lead your targets and take the trajectory more into account.

If it will not get reverted, bows might get more accuracy or more damage to compensate, we'll wait and see how it turns out.

(Oh and this was my idea)

I'm just a bout to test my archer and horse archer so big thanks chadz, especially for the bolded part!

Offline Eyerra

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 08:45:35 pm »
When I headshot people from the other side of the map that was skill, not OP. :evil:
Now I couldn't hit a granny in a wheelchair. That's some nerf. Mah arrows don't fly so good anymore...
The curve of fall is insane. The old physics were better.

And I never minded zig zag but this is too much! *GTX*
'Kay, I let out the steam and see what happens... :(

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 08:47:05 pm »
Now you know how thrower's feel.

Well. Almost.  Let me know when your shoot speed gets reduced to 15.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2011, 08:49:28 pm »
Playing a bit with strongbow now, it seems good.
Longbow otoh seems really just to pull me down. Kind of a bummer considering it's more expensive.
There is another problem, at least for my char, if I don't shoot 0.1s after the drawing animation has finished, the reticule gets very large. Which makes holding the bow for changing rythm against archers or waiting for a clear shot opportunity kind of tricky, especially since reload time is so long.

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2011, 08:53:54 pm »
When I headshot people from the other side of the map that was skill, not OP. :evil:

at First i was
 :shock:

and then
 :rolleyes:

Finally i was
 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline Beleidiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2011, 08:54:25 pm »
Hmmmm that means for me i will quit my Archer because i was learning the last 3 Months to aim with it right (and i am way not Perfect) but with the changes on arrow speed i can start from new!
I would be fine with the less damage but shoot speed is a bit aggressive for me!
But i am Fine with it i have a 1h Char and maybe build an Thrower class now (I had Fun with Archery but now is Throwing the best opportunity in distance fight!)

Yeh but we have not the damage if we hit than!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 08:59:46 pm by Beleidiger »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2757
  • Infamy: 1513
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2011, 08:56:47 pm »
Now I know why archery always had the upper hand in c-rpg mod. When it comes to whining, no one can beat archers.

Offline Mamachew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Archer tried and true.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingsguard
  • Game nicks: KG_Durzo_Blint; KG_ZEUS
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2011, 09:05:54 pm »

see that's funny because in NO WAY should archery be like throwing. People don't choose an archer build because it's "the next best thing to throwing"

Now chadz, I really don't know where you're coming from. I have a hybrid archer/polearms build. Sometimes I play straight archer or sometimes pole. I had no complaints about archery when I was in my transitional plate with heavy heater shield. I don't know why everyone's panties are in a bunch. If you are a melee sort of guy and don't want to be killed by archers.... adapt, figure it out: kill them, don't complain to nerf them.

I guess my point is, look at how many times archery has been nerfed. Not once per patch, I mean number of things done to us (arrow speed, number of arrows etc.) why must archery be so near the bottom? Just because people find it effective? Yes, if you don't have a shield and are running at me in a predictable patern (straight or zig-zag) and i hit you that is still skill.

Just stop nerfing us... please?

Now I know why archery always had the upper hand in c-rpg mod. When it comes to whining, no one can beat archers.

Maybe is it because we get nerfed so much? hmmmmm.... that would make an odd correlation, can't be that.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 09:23:53 pm by Mamachew »
Do what is right, do what is in front of you. But not necessarily what is right in front of you.

In the words of untelligent americans everywhere, "I COULD CARE LESS!!!"

Offline Bensbane

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boobiland
  • Game nicks: Bensbane
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2011, 09:49:48 pm »
Hi, actually I am new and don't really have any experience about the game online... What I can propose (and you may excuse my bad English) is some historical facts about archery...

English LongBowers were used to shoot about 6 to 10 arrows in one minute with 140-180Lbs Bows. That's about one arrow every 6-10 secs, that's quite of slow,.. but try to pull 140Lbs of pressure with only one arm,... 6 times per minute, sometimes during hours.

But all this energy paid well such those arrow could even penetrate fullplate armors, only the scale mails were able to spread enough energy to avoid penetration (And we're not talking about distances)

Instead of that, and not talking about compound bows, we have now target bows from 15 to 60 Lbs and 40 to 80Lbs for hunting bows.

With those bows you can actully reach some good rate of fire, we're talking of 15 to 20 arrows per minute (not sustainable for long periods...), what gives us one arrow every 3 to 4 secs.

Of course, those arrow would never penetrate full plate armors,. and even Mail would offer good resistance.

Beside of that,... we have the Hungarian (or steppe) kind of bow. Laminated, composite and recurved. It alows to have an 100-120lbs bow with the dimentions of a short bow. Those bows were used in Cavalery Archer for there maneability and low-encumbrance.

Of course, and as their tension force shows, they were intermediate in effectiveness and shooting rate compared to the two other types.

My point in that to the game ?

Give Long and War bows high arrow speed and penetration and diminish considerably the rate of fire.

AND

Give Hunting and Short bows low arrow speed and low (or none) penetration but high fire rates.

And, if possible,.. only allow Horse Archery with Recuverd bows, with intermediate speeds and rate fire.

So, if you're Robin Hood and thing you can make and head shot 300yards away, don't even try with low powered bows,.. take your time with a long one.

If you want to spam crowds to lower the enemies health and help allies, take low powered ones,.. but dont' even try long range shoots or to one-shot anyone,....

That's my point.

Offline forgivers

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Forgivers_PxC
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2011, 09:54:44 pm »
this kind of nerf should come with an ability to redo your build without having to retire and also a posibility to change my heirloom since the patch changed alot of mechanic
Actually, it's because I love playing archer, and I like it to be special.
Sad !

Offline Mouse

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Mouse, Nezumi, Maus
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 09:56:08 pm »
this kind of nerf should come with an ability to redo your build without having to retire and also a posibility to change my heirloom since the patch changed alot of mechanic

That would imply chadz or anyone else on the dev team cares about you. :D

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2011, 10:01:04 pm »
Playing a bit with strongbow now, it seems good.
Longbow otoh seems really just to pull me down. Kind of a bummer considering it's more expensive.
There is another problem, at least for my char, if I don't shoot 0.1s after the drawing animation has finished, the reticule gets very large. Which makes holding the bow for changing rythm against archers or waiting for a clear shot opportunity kind of tricky, especially since reload time is so long.

Powerdraw no longer nerfs wpf.  That short holding time is because you are using a bow that matches the powerdraw you currently have.  If you use a bow with 1 powerdraw requirement less then what you have you can hold the shot longer and reticules actually shrink by a third, there is less of an effect with 2 powerdraw above, even less improvemnt with 3, and very minor improvement with 4 powerdraw above.  So if you are using a longbow you have only 1 really effective build 21 str/18 agi, with 8 converted points and then doing 7 powerdraw with 6 weaponmaster all in archery.  Its essentially a penalty for using a bow with matching powerdraw.  For strong bow recommend 6-7 powerdraw.  The only person I know that still uses a longbow is Bandit_Dughan so you might want to talk to him about his experience, but as far as I saw over half his kills were with his melee weapon which is something you should be prepared for.

I actually appreciate the changes as bows should have less shoot speed then a heavy xbow and with powerdraw bonus that was previously not the case.  It should help balance more between xbows and bows, but throwing still needs some serious damage nerf or be switched all to cutting or not all give bonuses against shields as well....

OH AN DPOLEARM SPEED NEED SWSERIOSU NERF NOW TO REBALANCE TONS OF SPAMMING DOING WELL
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:39:30 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2011, 10:01:32 pm »
about

fucking

time

Offline Ando

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2011, 10:13:14 pm »
Hmm..regarding HA :is unplayable.U should do something with the speed or range.