Author Topic: nerfed archer again  (Read 29771 times)

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: nerfed archer again
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 06:58:02 pm »
Only if it is experiment. As for me - Longbow now is totally unplayable (read carefully ^)) compared to low.PD.req. bows.
Nomad, Khergit are still usable (better or worse, whatever).
But now here is no advantage to use Longbow .3 or more times slower (not by%, not by 10-20-30%, by times).
All weapon have advantages and disadvantages.
Longbow:
Contra= price , need 6PD, very slow shooting (almost as siege xbow ^) )
Pro= only +3 dmg compared to WarBow, +6 to Strong, +9 to Khergit. And don't forget what type - cut damage.
All bows can be combined with top tier arrow with piercieng dmg. What give much more advantage than +x cut damage.

This post NOT about "one more archer whine" or "buff us" or e.t.c.
Situation is so as is. I am not about current situation (but with current situation, after .212, here is some problems - and it's very good to know,
what you know about that).

I am about  - how to give Longbow some personalization. Each bow have each own purpose.
By my opinion - it CURRENT situation Longbow is wasting of money, time and...
Money - because of buying (ok, 8K isn't too much) and (mostly) time. Because now - khergit bow (and may be strong bow) - best of bow line.
And Longbow have not any "pro" to have them and use them (except roleplay and "just like it").
I just like to running with long bow on my back (unfortinatly when I shooting - bow model changing to crap model - like I am shooting from cheap, cracked bow.).

I will not give a solution, because I don't know your plans. I just trying to pay your attention (focus your attention) on Longbow.
On their place in bow line and e.t.c.

P.s. as I read in one topic - now archer must have something like Masterwork Strong bow or Masterwork Khergit bow.
Compared by price (repair), dmg, shooting spd, flying spd, accuracy - it's ideal.
I spent all my retirements points and new retirement to improve Longbow. For fun. Let it is slow. But for fun.
And having fun until today.

Today I am not using 3 time upgraded bow because I just can't. It is just money wasting.
I must help to my team too, not only play Wilhelm Teil and shoot to sky. I must hurt enemy.
With "clean" Khergit and Strong bows I can do it now.
With my love - Longbow - 2-3 times less helpful. It hurt me ^(.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:04:42 pm by 3ABP »
              [STR] Strangers Faction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 07:04:33 pm »
chadz I actually like this alot.  Get rid of the randomness so more skill involved.  Leading targets is what all good archcers should do.  Dont need to add more damage, but more accuracy with slower shoot speed actually would be great and would make it more of a skill then a spamfest.  Thanks.

+1, archers should aim their shots rather than spam spam spam into melee crowds.

And don't worry, I bet throwing will be nerfed too.

Offline sami1337

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 07:10:04 pm »
I think it would be quite fair to give them higher shoot speed. They don't have unlimited ammo after all.
2h people and cav might not be amused though.

Offline forgivers

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Forgivers_PxC
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 07:12:50 pm »
and now there like 2x more cav running around were the buffed ?
Actually, it's because I love playing archer, and I like it to be special.
Sad !

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Farrok
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 07:16:28 pm »
Hope this solves the ranged spam that invaded cRPG again, I played the whole day yesterday and it was just like before the big patch. Great job chadz!

but not because of archers, more because of the crossbower and super throwers who can throw their weapon pretty accurate in midrange with high damage.

but anyways archery is muuch better than horse archery...you can only have a khergit bow and have soo crappy damage because of HA malus that you cant kill targets on your own...maybe some peasants thats it...only because of the need of 6 agi per point with 5 per point it would be sooo much better and playable
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 07:17:48 pm »
and now there like 2x more cav running around were the buffed ?

Just horse price lowered, no buff.

but not because of archers, more because of the crossbower and super throwers who can throw their weapon pretty accurate in midrange with high damage.

Not really, crossbowers are very rare these days and throwers can be dodged a lot easier than archers and they have 10 times less ammo. With xbows having long reload times and throwers with limited ammo and range it's obvious that archers are the ranged spammers.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:19:35 pm by Punisher »

Offline Emgee

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 07:24:21 pm »
1. Arrow prices raised.
2. Arrow ammo reduced.
3. Arrow damage reduced.
4. Arrow speed reduced.

I really don't have a problem with being nerfed in the name of balance but I'm starting to feel like a battered housewife here.  Maybe space out the nerfs, see how much one or two affects the delicate balance in play before changing every other statistic that affects us?

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 07:39:58 pm »
1. Arrow prices raised.
2. Arrow ammo reduced.
3. Arrow damage reduced.
4. Arrow speed reduced.

I really don't have a problem with being nerfed in the name of balance but I'm starting to feel like a battered housewife here.  Maybe space out the nerfs, see how much one or two affects the delicate balance in play before changing every other statistic that affects us?
Its because chadz has more 2h mates than archers. its political. If someone tells you evry day: hey chadz, yesterday an archer killed me thats not fair!
In course of time this is the only truth!
To me, i dont want to be the punching ball at all. I started a new char because of retirement, but to start with usless hunting bow does it. F*** you whiners, elmo doesent love you!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:41:39 pm by Lanic0r »

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 07:41:20 pm »

Offline Nick_Larking

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 07:44:26 pm »

Now i know why you made HA so crap to use.
You want that to be really really special that only a handfull people on the server even want to use it :P

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 07:45:41 pm »
I dont trust you, your just trolling and try to keep silience. With the exception you cheat your char to lvl21 to use khergit bow and hit someone in melee, because you cant aim ranged 2h gays anymore. Thats the fact.

Offline Eyerra

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 07:56:50 pm »

WHYYYY?  :cry:

Archery was fine before this abomination came! chadz, you hate me?
There was a balance, there was a chance for every noob who wanted to be Legolas!
Why did you take it away from me?!

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 07:59:47 pm »
There was a balance, there was a chance for every noob who wanted to be Legolas!

That's exactly what made 50% of server population be archers and brought spam back. Amazing how you can say it's balanced in the same sentence.

Offline Eyerra

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 08:06:00 pm »
That's exactly what made 50% of server population be archers and brought spam back. Amazing how you can say it's balanced in the same sentence.

Yeah, melee (+ cavalry) has always been persecuted and is totally inferior in every situation. :rolleyes:

Damn those archers for being buffed for once! ... and then takin' it back...

Offline forgivers

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Forgivers_PxC
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 08:08:10 pm »
well archer was broken, alot of people were using an exploit to boost their accuracy after patch .210 kind of why archer seemed so OP
still dont know if it got fixed, but thing aint great ingame now, zig zag people are hell to hit
Sad !