Strategus > Strategus General Discussion

Strategus 7 Reset/End Date - Strategus Council Applications - Council Chosen

(1/9) > >>

njames89:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Strategus 7 - Reset/End Date Poll
As this round of Strategus has been running for quite some time now we are seeking community opinion on a desired reset date to end Strategus 7 and begin preparations for Strategus 8. Possible dates being considered for reset are November 1st, December 1st, January 1st, February 1st, or letting the round run for a more extended period. Please answer in the poll regarding your opinion on possible reset dates.

Strategus Council - Applications
(click to show/hide)visitors can't see pics , please register or login
As we move forward into Strategus 8 we will be looking to implement some changes to Strategus to make it more fun/balanced. In the interest of discussing and deciding on what mechanic/balance changes we want for round 8 we will be putting together a group of Strategus veterans/faction leaders. The council will be comprised of 12 players + the current devs / head admins / balance team. If this is something you are interested in please respond and fill out the application below.

Application Format and Example Submission
Name in Strategus: Castellan_James_of_Acre
Strategus Rounds Participated: 4,5,6 and 7
Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: Kingdom of Acre / Holy chadzian Empire, Free Companies of Calradia
Why you want to be on the council: My ego is the size of a small moon
Example improvements you would suggest: Attacking should be easier, Retreat mechanic should save 20% troops, Renown needs to be reworked, Certain fiefs should be removed, etc.
Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): No I swear

Blank Application Template: (click to show/hide)Name in Strategus:
Strategus Rounds Participated:
Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical:
Why you want to be on the council:
Example improvements you would suggest:
Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N):
Thank you in advance for your applications and poll responses.

Novamere:
Do I really even need to fill a application for this? Ive been playing CRPG longer than most of you and since strat 1, Also since I rarely get to play anymore or do anything on strat make me useful here.

Name in Strategus: Knightmare_
Strategus Rounds Participated: Every one
Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: Name it ive been there I played as a Mercenary for all clans for most of them then made my own clan
Why you want to be on the council: I have alot of Knowledge about strat and the game and can bring alot to the table
Example improvements you would suggest: There is too much to list but mainly to make more fighting and less trading and hoarding like this strat
Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): I thought that was Arrowaine?

Torben:
may I suggest giving the new strat a game master,  that can once in a while invade lands with hords of armies that attack anyone,  have bad weather kill crops and half of population of all towns and what not?  could break the routine a bit mayhaps

Reinhardt:
First off, I'm quite pleased to see this thread up for the community to openly discuss this strategus and how to improve the next round! Thank you James for putting this thread up and taking the time to organize a council, this should greatly improve strat and the level of enjoyment people gain from the game. It's been a wild and enjoyable round so far, though I admit the meta has certainly gotten a bit stale. Even with a shakeup towards the end of the round, I personally think the best way to breath new life into strat and allow for new players/factions to join in and really feel as though they have a shot is to reset in the relatively near future.
I personally advocate for a reset in November.

I'm definitely looking forward to Strat 8 and I think I have a deep enough understanding after thousands of hours put into cRPG/strat to suggest feasible and reasonable changes to the game.

(click to show/hide)Name in Strategus: King_Reinhardt_of_Acre
Strategus Rounds Participated: 1,2,3(?),6(?),7 (Some others I believe in a limited capacity with other factions between 2014-2015)
Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: Crusaders of Acre/Holy chadzian Empire/Kingdom of Acre
Why you want to be on the council: I'd like to offer my experience as a faction leader and someone who has put a large amount of effort to reinvigorate this round of strategus.
Example improvements you would suggest: With the amount of active players, fortress sieges are increasingly stressful. I recommend removing the vast majority of fortresses save for maybe a dozen cities/castles spread around the map and re-add all of the villages to allow individual strat players as well as newer factions to take over at least a small bit of land more easily, making strat more dynamic overall. I'm also a fan of adding more than a dozen fortresses if there is a possibility to have "unsiegable" free-trade fiefs/neutral ai lands.
Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): 100% Y

Haramir:
Name in Strategus: Occitan_Haramir

Strategus Rounds Participated: 3-4-5-6-7

Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: Occitan/Hospitaller,Les Chevaliers Occitans,Goblins Empire, Fallen

Why you want to be on the council:   I am a really active member in this round and i managed to make it a good experience for both sides with my good friends the HOC.  We have been able for awhile to make it fair game and we brought back a lot of activity to the mod.

Example improvements you would suggest:   
-Big changes to the looting mecanic to stop defending castle from being litteral cash cow with no risk. So there is more incentive to attack castle.

-If ever possible the ability to siege properly a fief and block any incoming troops from reinforcing the garisson if there is an Army blocking it.

-Much higher cost for armor above average, so we dont end up with the same army everybattle near the end of the round

-Tone down a little the recruitment speed of troops, but make it possible to trade your excess strategus tick into troops. So you have a good incentive to bring people back to NA1.  Someting like 1000 ticks for 100 troops

Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N):   Im the only Occitan who talked to Kesh, fought for him a few times and briefly joined BRD, so maybe i am.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version