cRPG > Game Balance Discussion

Cavalry, making it take more consideration than just spawning with a horse.

(1/4) > >>

Silveredge:
All Horses should count as 1 weapon slot, I believe this would solve so many things.  From HA arrow count to versatility of too many weapons available to cav builds and STR crutchers running around on heavy cav.  What would this break and could we make it better?  Please put in your 2 cents.

EDIT: Apparently I forgot ammo takes 0 slots now.  I don't know if there's a way to take away an empty slot when equipping a horse.

Asheram:
nah all thats needed is 1 of the 4 slots require a melee/melee alt weapon to occupy.

Torben:
the slot mechanisms are hardcoded,  horses cant do jack with weapon slots.

thats why non sheathable weapons were introduced,  thats why some weapons take more then one slot... 

San:
Interesting idea, but there's no elegant way to do this. You'd have to add scripts for checking slots when you spawn on a horse or choose to mount a horse. If you want to mount a horse and your slots are full, should automatically you drop your weapon/shield?

As Torben said, it's easier to make unsheathable/cannot be used on horseback weapons make more sense.

bensai:
well lancer cav would be forced to play 1h/polearm or use the double sided lance as their cav weapon (lmao)

when my +3 barded gets 2 shot and even 1 shot sometimes (by ranged), i feel the only thing horses need is an hp buff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version