Author Topic: NA PLAYER LEARNS 5 CRAZY TRICKS! HOW TO BE AN ELITE EU STRAT PLAYER!!!!!!  (Read 6712 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
I heard several EU explicitly say that Strat was broken and EU wanted a reset, NA didn't want a reset, so EU wanted to ruin NA Strat/make them quit so that they'd want a reset.

Also EU failed at PR which is needed in Strat.

Besides EU doesnt want battles, they want the crpg.net site to say that there was a battle and that their faction won. It's why they always quit when the battles don't go well.

Different people may have had different goals for sure and all I can speak for is my own perspective. We were enemies before the invasion you know... We had a completely different plan with Kratos for this Strat. Then it bugged out, we lost our army and our goods and decided to quit like the Tormatuns who found out about the bug (which according to Professor was used by NA first btw).

I've compared this NA invasion to the Iraq war which went about as well. There was this idea to just attack NA but no plan on how to do it and what to do afterwards. The reason there was no plan because everyone just assumed it was going to be reset/rolled back any day as Prof said he would. That was couple of weeks ago now. You can say that's failed PR but there was never supposed to be any of that anyway from my understanding. I don't know if the others tried to reach people or not, I certainly didn't.

For us all of this is disappointing and people are angry and frustrated and the comments reflect that at times. cRPG on EU is completely dead now and the dev team seems to have no interest in doing anything about it. Strategus mechanics are all broken and again there's no interest in trying to fix any of these. And when trying to talk to people about these problems you get called a crybaby and banned from discord when you sink to the same level of argumentation yourself. I don't know why I even bother to read and write on the forums anymore tbh, it's just hard to let go I suppose.

At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square..

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
+1
Welp. Was fun to play these two battles.

F

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
bitching and moaning

oh piss off you ass ravaged communist

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
+5
Good to see the current dev team maintaining the high standards of communication set by the donkey crew.  So glad i came back.
Turtles

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+1
EU is completely dead now and the dev team seems to have no interest in doing anything about it. Strategus mechanics are all broken and again there's no interest in trying to fix any of these.

Holy fuck guy. Do you even read what you write? What do you think the dev team is doing currently? You are so full of shit man. No wonder you guys gave up. Did you read Dupres post where he says:

Currently being worked on:
-Strategus pseudonyms bug - Professor is currently figuring out the issue with Pseudonym. We should see a fix soon.
-Any bugs related to Strategus(Getting Strategus to run flawlessly is number one)
-Adding in new items from Zimke and Weren(will be the last patch of new items for a while, more focus will be put towards fixing bugs and development)

From what I can tell you all quit after a slew of shitty battles that you initiated and then when NA started showing up, you took your toys and went home.

(click to show/hide)

Offline KaleLord

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • Nurd
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kale
+3
your apples look like stones mate.

Don't worry man, my dealer said they were legit.

Guess mod removed my posted link meh w/e
Kale: One of the cutest, chubbiest, asianiest faces in c-RPG. Take a look when you get the chance, guys. I will miss this beautiful man.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
+1
This is where we don't see things the same. For us it was clear we just wanted to get the garbage village battles that would take about 2 minutes anyway out of the way. On EU people usually don't reinforce a village so those are not real battles anyway and we assumed this would be the case on NA as well. We had one battle in a village during decent time for NA and it made zero difference. We lost nothing taking it:

http://c-rpg.net/?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=309

Why should battles like these be pushed to good times when we can have the actual big battles at these times? The window where EU and NA can both fight is very small, that battle was 2:40AM for me...

Well, idk what you guys do in EU, but some of NAs best battles have been fought in villages. Village battles are arguably the best since the defenders barely have an advantage*, and fighting in a village provides a little more excitement than just running at each other in a wide open field. You use the fact that the villages were poorly-geared as your excuse for taking them at shitty times (a fact which you couldn't have known prior to attacking anyways), and yet in the one battle you linked it shows decent enough roster sizes, with the main factor in the battle ending so quickly being that you guys had MORE mercs. Maybe if you didn't repeatedly steal villages at shitty times you'd have maintained roster superiority and allowed us to have some real battles. Needless to say if you hadn't sniped all of the "shitty villages" at shitty times then the defending faction(s) could have reinforced with gear and troops to prevent you from taking them, putting up a good fight and giving us some good battles in the meantime. You're still just looking for excuses to claim EU superiority even in the face of crushing defeat.

*map-dependent, of course

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
+2
It only took you 2 sentences to identify first why EU don't bother to fight over villages, and secondly why EU map is always boring as hell.

This is why any future development of Strat (if it happens) needs to create a reason for min-maxers to defend villages.

like make them generate troops ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
+2
It only took you 2 sentences to identify first why EU don't bother to fight over villages, and secondly why EU map is always boring as hell.

This is why any future development of Strat (if it happens) needs to create a reason for min-maxers to defend villages.
Yes we really need that, I think the plan with this strat was to make villages have a higher PP gain than castles which would be fine if it wasn't for the PP gain being absurdly high.
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
+5
Please add some equipment tiers, make villages the only place that can produce trade goods but can sell only low tier gear and basic siege equipment.  Castles don't produce trade goods or very few, but can sell mid / high tier gear and advanced siege eq. Towns have a higher sell price and have top tier gear e.g. plate etc. 

Also please make town and castles actually buy decent equipment for defences, peasant gear in towns is fucking retarded.

I guess that'd be really a lot of coding work though so probably that wont happen.
Turtles

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kadeth
+4
the europeans quit when i destroyed them with twice their ping, end of story

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
+2
kadeth joining the eu server,
(click to show/hide)

kadeth commencing to wipe the eu server
(click to show/hide)

I think there should be a kadeth vs eu server ft7
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kadeth
+1
(click to show/hide)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
(click to show/hide)
So Grammy
(click to show/hide)
is eu player on na, you can see the point grammys ball hits high ping and soon after your high ping swing that takes out grammy.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die