Poll

Refugees "flooding" Europe are (2 votes max)

Huge problem in my eurocountry
Small problem in my eurocountry
Not relevant problem in my eurocountry
-----------------------------------------------
Help as many of them as possible
Help only a few of them (aka "non muslims" only etc.)
Send them all home
-----------------------------------------------
I'm from Murica
I just want to click somewhere

Author Topic: Refugees "flooding" Europe !NEW POLL!  (Read 78502 times)

Offline Eddy

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OotQ
  • Game nicks: Eddy
Re: Refugees "flooding" Europe
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 05:00:39 pm »
+3
Germany

No long post only my opinion because dont have that much time right now.

The main problem is not that we are not able to help the people, or that the refugees are not willing to work. Afaik a lot of them even had a apprenticeship etc. but they are not allowed to work. As long they are not accepted as refugees they arent allowed to work by law. And do you know what the average time for the procedure is? In the third quarter of 2014 the average waiting time was 10,1 months and while that time they werent allowed to work. (people out of pakistan waited the longest with an average of 17.6 months). Also since they are not allowed to work they dont have any activities to attend to. There are nearly no projects, e.g. german courses, that are initiated by the state, almost everything done is voluntary work. But of course that isnt even close to enough.

Also to the "there are no jobs"-argument: I dont know how its looking in your state but in germany the companies are complaining since several years that there arent enough qualified workers and the handcraft section is having huuuge problems to get workers. A lot of the refugees would happily work to get atleast a little money, but most of them are not even allowed, or not able to since there arent any german courses. The people coming here are willing but the state doesnt realy gives them the chance to get integrated/live a live.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2015, 05:23:55 pm »
I hope your government sterilized refugees under the guise of vaccinations), otherwise the story of rabbits and foxes in Australia be repeated))))))
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2015, 05:51:47 pm »
+1
Actually, they keep giving birth to young ones even while living on the streets. There was even an official number about the number of babies born since the influx started, just can't remember right now. But I am not the one to judge them. Nobody is.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2015, 06:13:14 pm »
+1
I hope your government sterilized refugees under the guise of vaccinations), otherwise the story of rabbits and foxes in Australia be repeated))))))

Pls explain to me again how Ukrainians are the ones who are the nazís and the racists?

Lul@Ruskis

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2015, 06:15:23 pm »
Pls explain to me again how Ukrainians are the ones who are the nazís and the racists?
Lul@Ruskis
cos ukranians is same  russian ppls actually  :P

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2015, 06:18:43 pm »
I think the attention and panic about the migrant floods washing over Europe are bigger than the actual problem. But it's understandable.
Things like the economic situation, the inherent problems in how the EU is constructed are quite nebulous and hard concepts to grapple with. No body or party has good, simple solutions to them either.
But migrants, that's something concrete! They're a problem we can see and do something about!
And there's always good old-fashioned xenophobia.

In Finland we voted an anti-immigrant party into the government.
I don't want us to become Sweden, but we weren't becoming Sweden anyhow.
Also, integration is a good idea.
There's media attention to the issue, but it seems much less than in other EU countries.

Now, to say how big of a problem it actually is would need accurate statistics and more analysis. Germany can probably handle the predicted 800.000 migrants. But as a rate of growth, that's not exactly promising. EU-wide, the picture is most likely different too.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2015, 06:18:49 pm »
+1
But I am not the one to judge them. Nobody is.

This. Also: education vs deportation...

Regarding the "flood": good article that puts things into perspective (in German) -

http://www.broeckers.com/2015/08/19/aufbau-ost-2-0-ein-fluchtling-auf-107-einwohner/

There are countries in this world where you have 1 refugee per 4-5 citizens. Germany, presumably "overrun" by evil refugees, has 1 per 100something, even in the "problematic" regions.

Of course integration and getting along and building a bit more reasonable society is a challenge thanks to human nature, with migrations happening across the globe even more so.

But you reap what you sow - and Europe and the US have lived very long on the backs of others, now it backfires a bit in the form of more or less desperate immigrants and refugees.

The most funny form of xenophobia I see every day here in Paraguay: lots of - usually right-wing/chocolate chip cookie (what is this nonsense word censoring - I wrote N A Z I  for a reason!!!)-type - Germans who live here as immigrants, most of them everything but "integrated", but complaining all day, and they are constantly bashing the evil immigrants that come to Germany and have many "great" ideas how to "solve" the "problem"... lol much.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:54:36 pm by Hirlok »
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2015, 06:26:56 pm »
+2
Poland is in more or less in the same position as Czech republic. No matter what right-wing idiots claim, immigrants are no problem in POland, cause we're too poor and too xenophobic to be attractive destination for them. Personally I don't like seeing immigrants coming to europe in such huge numbers, but at the same time I think that Poland has no moral right to vote against immigration, cause in last decade we have sent a few milions of people to UK, Ireland and Germany :P

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2015, 06:33:29 pm »
Actually, they keep giving birth to young ones even while living on the streets. There was even an official number about the number of babies born since the influx started, just can't remember right now. But I am not the one to judge them. Nobody is.
This.

Can not diseagree more. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:38:33 pm by Falka »

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2015, 06:40:10 pm »
Hm, I don't think it's true.

The quote you are were giving is related to already present minorities - Germany invited huge numbers of Turks, Italians and other "guest workers" in decades ago. They are part of everyday life for 2 generations now... That is like counting the Huguenots who came to Prussia centuries ago... (I have some of those among my ancestors).

Those figures have nothing to do with recent developments and the current amount of "refugees".  Broeckers is simply citing official statistics in his article to put things into perspective, and he is one of the last remaining journalists in Germany who deserve the name - he usually knows what he is doing.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2015, 06:45:11 pm »
The quote you are were giving is related to already present minorities - Germany invited huge numbers of Turks, Italians and other "guest workers" in decades ago.

Well, yes, that's why I deleted this part, sorry! :P

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2015, 06:50:15 pm »
+1
Well, yes, that's why I deleted this part, sorry! :P

no problem - actually useful, because exactly the same argument is used by right wing propaganda artists to inflate the current "problem".

BTW ofc everybody is entitled to have an opinion, I have shitloads of them.  :mrgreen: One of mine is that I think that breeders (more than one kid per woman) have not understood humanities' largest problem. But judging (and as a result of the judgement not helping them) is a different story though. That was what I meant.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2015, 06:55:21 pm »
Poland is in more or less in the same position as Czech republic. No matter what right-wing idiots claim, immigrants are no problem in POland, cause we're too poor and too xenophobic to be attractive destination for them. Personally I don't like seeing immigrants coming to europe in such huge numbers, but at the same time I think that Poland has no moral right to vote against immigration, cause in last decade we have sent a few milions of people to UK, Ireland and Germany :P

Now this is actually something I can entirely relate to.

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2015, 07:18:02 pm »
http://www.photius.com/rankings/population/birth_rate_2014_0.html

not sure how much data is correct but look country where the immigrants from) and then german on 219 ))
interesting to see how productive will be immigrants under ideal circumstances of Germany))

in russia saint-petersburg we have working immigrants from azia like azerbaidzhan, geordgia , yzbekistan etc. and its pretty fine cos they live in the basements of buildings under construction where they work or in the private sector in the country and send money to their relatives. But five years later, they brought their families in which 4-5 children against child among the Russian 1-2. Some kindergartens are filled with their children, many kindergartens unofficially only work for Russian and they are very popular ((because of the difference in culture, these children are much more aggressive).   
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 07:31:11 pm by Vovka »

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2015, 08:18:11 pm »
+1
but at the same time I think that Poland has no moral right to vote against immigration, cause in last decade we have sent a few milions of people to UK, Ireland and Germany :P
They left mostly for work (because we have shitty, corrupt and thievish government), not because of war. Also if foreign body, so-called EU imposes accepting people then I say no. I don't want here replays from London2005 or Madrit2004.

I don't want more and more this click in Europe. We have enough of our own problems.

All this situation is caused by USA, so they should take the refugees.
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.