Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 145948 times)

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #1290 on: January 29, 2018, 10:47:06 am »
+1
I thought that FMA:B was outstanding (great soundtrack aswell), Kimi no na wa as said overrated, but still quite good

Gintama deserves 10 for first season

For being the top comedy anime, the first few episodes of gintama were kinda disappointing imo. They're using this song
(click to show/hide)
in the same way US shows use the "background laughter" for comedy scenes/jokes. It's just "ooooh, funny thing happening! Commence funny song, hu ha, they're running awaaaay, get them hooo!". Maybe it's that kind of anime you have to watch some episodes to get "into the flow" but I haven't made it past ep5 yet. Some reference jokes ("Have you been playing tetris all night?") are not bad, should I keep watching it?

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou on the other hand caught me by surprise, I really dig anime which is practically just a collection of small puns like Plastic Nee San and this one's got some really good humor, can recommend that for some good laughts
(click to show/hide)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #1291 on: January 29, 2018, 11:46:53 am »
more like gayime amirite hahahahahhahahaheahaeheheaaeehyeaheauehjhhujhauhu

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Techno

• Count
  • Renown: 212
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gecko
« Reply #1292 on: January 29, 2018, 03:09:27 pm »
I still haven't tried Gintama yet as i heard a lot of it's comedy comes from having knowledge of popular older shows and i still have a lot to watch.

I purposely watch what most consider trash shows as i find the worse they are the funnier. Like Evil or live and Kings game last season. Some of the best unintended comedies trying to be dramas i've seen.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2083
  • Infamy: 2514
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 29, 2018, 10:57:10 pm »
Some deserve being up there, some less. I didn't find Kimi no na wa bad, or FMA:B. Definitely not enough to call it trash lol, you guys trying to be edgy here or what is the particular dislike? Genuinely interested, not a FMA:B fanboy here.

Lets go through some of the top scorers on MAL though and my opinion on those:
#1 FMA:B - probably wouldn't put it in first place, rather #30-50  // isn't that bad, I do agree but nowhere near first place, called it garbage because it is rated 1st, if it was 20th I wouldn't mind honestly
#2 Kimi no na wa - overrated, though not bad // no idea, haven't seen it myself
#3 Gintama - slightly overrated. Granted I didn't watch many eps (12), I didn't dig the comedy too much // well you're Slovenian so... I find Gintama humour to be excellent and that staring scene had me laughing my ass off, not sure which episode, later episodes are about some far reaching stuff that I really don't find that funny
#4 Stein's gate - deserved // i like it as well but... Steins Gate is nerds anime to the bone, main char is crazy scientist with twisted sense of humour and his love interest is super cute, super smart female scientist, jocks just don't get the appeal of any of that
#6 Hunter x Hunter - matter of taste, but for me deserved. Definitely the best shounen fight anime. // fully agree, best shounen and best fighting anime, especially like darker parts but overall package is great except latest arc which is a bit dull, wish there was more of it
#11 Koe no Katachi - I wouldn't put it this high, but it wasn't bad // haven't seen it
#17 Code Geass - dunno, but this anime really clicked with me. I'd put it even higher. // haven't seen it yet, next in line as soon I find some free time
#19 Made in Abyss - great first season, would maybe put it even higher. Depends on what is yet to come. // spot on, has few flaws but in general excellent introduction. Same happened with AoT, and look where we are now...
#22 Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - diabetes inducing romance, but I liked it. Liked the soundtrack a lot, deserved place. // probably will never watch it but you never know, not my type of anime
#26 Cowboy Bebop - deserved. // Top 3 anime any way you put it, best soundtrack
#32 Boku no Hero Academia - deserved I guess. Maybe a bit lower. // ugh, no interest in this kid of stuff
#39 One Punch Man - deserved, would maybe put it higher than Boku no Hero Academia. // guess what, haven't see it, but is top priority, kinda ashamed I haven't seen it yet
#40 Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - I'd rank it slightly lower.
#46 Monster - yikes, overrated garbage. // you're wrong, but each to his own. For me personally Top 5 anime. Best story and execution in a anime that is granted.
#48 Death Note - probably put it slightly higher than this, at least first season. // overrated a bit, too pretentious for most of the time, later seasons pure garbage, show dies with main character

Honorable mentions:
#214 Redline - how is this not higher. // haven't seen yet, is a movie tho
#235 Trigun - I'd put this one higher as well. // haven't seen yet

Now I should add some other anime and give my take on it but kinda lazy to search for correct spelling on MAL. Give more opinions so I can comment plox.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1782
  • Infamy: 2207
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 29, 2018, 11:07:33 pm »
I still haven't tried Gintama yet as i heard a lot of it's comedy comes from having knowledge of popular older shows and i still have a lot to watch.

I purposely watch what most consider trash shows as i find the worse they are the funnier. Like Evil or live and Kings game last season. Some of the best unintended comedies trying to be dramas i've seen.

Actually most of comedy in Gintama is universal, no Japanese specific humour but depictions are part of Japanese culture, not just anime but stuff from Japanese media in last four or five decades. Since I'm not particularly versed in Japanese cultural affairs it is kinda odd but there are titled explanations of every joke although I can't read that fast and get the correct context out of it. You need to stop the play, look on Google if you want to fully get the joke but bare bones of the joke are pretty damn universal.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1343
  • Infamy: 2751
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 29, 2018, 11:19:37 pm »
I thought that FMA:B was outstanding (great soundtrack aswell), Kimi no na wa as said overrated, but still quite good

For being the top comedy anime, the first few episodes of gintama were kinda disappointing imo. They're using this song
(click to show/hide)
in the same way US shows use the "background laughter" for comedy scenes/jokes. It's just "ooooh, funny thing happening! Commence funny song, hu ha, they're running awaaaay, get them hooo!". Maybe it's that kind of anime you have to watch some episodes to get "into the flow" but I haven't made it past ep5 yet. Some reference jokes ("Have you been playing tetris all night?") are not bad, should I keep watching it?

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou on the other hand caught me by surprise, I really dig anime which is practically just a collection of small puns like Plastic Nee San and this one's got some really good humor, can recommend that for some good laughts
(click to show/hide)

Well for first two episodes of Gintama I was like wtf am I am watching and why I'm wasting my time... I believe I wrote exactly that somewhere in this thread. Things is, it kinda starts slow and at first jokes feel really forced and story truly doesn't make any sense at beginning but huge BUT it really picks up later and characters open up, most of them are very interesting.

You guys would probably like the episode arc when they get their body parts turned into screwdrivers by aliens who play Monster Hunter Online whole day, so in order to reverse their body parts to original they create characters in Monster Hunter Online (they call it differently in the show) and lose the track of what they are supposed to do, end up playing damn game for weeks without finding aliens. At some point they get in party with greatest player of all time who turns out to be their friend Madao (some weird Japanese acronym for jobless old person or loser) who is like his name says 40 year old something dude who can't find a job who after getting affected by aliens entered the game to search for them and since he has no job became the highest level player on the server :lol:

General story is, feudal Japan where everybody was a samurai was overtaken by aliens from space who brought change and modernized Japan (called Edo in show). All main characters are former samurai who are jobless now so they created Odd Jobs company which is like detective agency but they'll do anything for money and most of the time won't get any money in return. Other characters are also former samurai, some who work as police for aliens, some who are resistance and some criminals.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 11:23:38 pm by Leshma »

Offline Ikarus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 29, 2018, 11:49:59 pm »
Alright thanks, I'll give it a try then

Leshma give Redline a shot, it's pretty much a mixture of the F-Zero games, ecstasy and crazy detailed visuals and with that I mean 7 years of production by the madmen of Madhouse. Great to watch with friends

Offline Viscount

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player
  • Lol
    • View Profile
  • Faction: All The Above.
  • Game nicks: GrimReaper
  • IRC nick: TheViscount
« Reply #1297 on: January 30, 2018, 03:40:12 am »
+1
Thank.
For the 48 hours
I will not forget your sacrifice visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 03:45:32 am by Viscount »
𝔸𝕟𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕓𝕖𝕤𝕥. 𝕨𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙 𝕚𝕥.
Start with Gate or Arslan Senki

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #1298 on: January 30, 2018, 03:51:58 am »
reporting in 2 say that Shiki is a very good chinese cartoon and i was pretty miffed that Dance in the Vampire Bund just HAD to have a fucking conveniently 3k-year-old loli featured every 2 seconds

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Ikarus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 30, 2018, 12:45:36 pm »
+4

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1300 on: January 30, 2018, 01:50:59 pm »
+1
AYAYO
https://webmshare.com/q5zdg

That is amazing, i dont know how or why Korpiklaani became anime related, but i guess im fine with it!
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1260
  • Infamy: 997
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 31, 2018, 12:35:35 am »
reporting in 2 say that Shiki is a very good chinese cartoon and i was pretty miffed that Dance in the Vampire Bund just HAD to have a fucking conveniently 3k-year-old loli featured every 2 seconds

Shiki is very good yes and only a bit weird. For fully weird go Higurashi When They Cry. I've seen all of it and while it kinda makes sense someplace during 3rd season, I'll still say it doesn't make much sense. There are weird anime like that.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: January 31, 2018, 12:55:15 am »
+2
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Techno

• Count
  • Renown: 212
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gecko
« Reply #1303 on: February 01, 2018, 02:30:11 am »
the future of mecha (Darling in the Franxx)

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: February 17, 2018, 12:37:35 am »
the future of mecha (Darling in the Franxx)

This anime is so fucking stupid, I can't stand it. Evangelion clone with shittier visuals and blatant lolz xD doggy style sex bro! references.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.