Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 146041 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #1230 on: September 28, 2017, 04:33:54 pm »
+2
You can watch the whole show on youtube - first 26 episodes can be watched english dubbed on youtube
                                                              - last 26 episodes can only be found subbed on youtube afaik

get out you normie

Offline Latrinenkobold

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Stop the nerfs
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hagur
« Reply #1231 on: September 28, 2017, 05:12:16 pm »
get out you normie

i watched so much subbed anime  that i understand most of it by now without subs  :oops:  also the show is in chinese so no baka and oni chan for you Vibe
i just mentioned it for people who prefer to watch it in english   :wink:

Finding the whole show anywhere is very hard because often times there are broken links etc so youtube is a necessity

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 05:18:12 pm by Latrinenkobold »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 452
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: September 28, 2017, 05:20:35 pm »
Nyaa seems to be working again, under some shady domain tho. Shanaproject is still on and usual subbers like horriblesubs and noobsubs are still going strong. For older stuff there are still active subber sites although they aren't doing any new shows. Theres also bakabt, but I'm banned there for leeching.

I've watched anime on youtube couple of times, when I couldn't find Attack on Titan episode that was released at that time, and it was awful experience. Picture quality was even worse than usual streamers like kissanime.

I understand aprox. five words of Japanese and I've seen dozens of shows by now.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 2916
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: September 28, 2017, 05:36:45 pm »
Monster drawn out, boring ass shit

Monster is top anime, contender for best anime I've seen so far along with Cowboy Bebop and Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Monster is masterfully crafted story, the best in anime world by far and among the best of its kind (thriller) regardless of the medium. But it is drawn out, because it takes time to build quality suspense. Don't even try Legend of the Galactic Heroes if you can't take slow paced anime. Monster has best story, LoGH has best characters (there's no contest really) and Cowboy Bebop is the most stylish anime out there with greatest soundtrack. Mushishi is fourth best.

There are many types of anime. I like the least your typical shonen battle anime with stupid punchlines and idiotic story. Quality anime are usually long and require patience from viewer. But reward is almost always there.

You know what else has scored way out of its league? Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. It's alright anime but step bellow HxH, maybe step above the likes of Tokyo Ghoul. Maybe because I've seen so many anime in that mold, only thing I liked was humour. Story was known from the start, characters typical, ending just as I predicted. Good anime but nowhere near the best as MAL implies. But neither is Steins;Gate, although it is better than FMA:B.

Anime I particularly dig are works of Baccano and Durarara creators. They have that laid back atmosphere and colourful characters, while being devoid of grandiose save the world story. 91 days is supposedly work of the same author.

Out of big anime that aren't crap (Dragon Ball, Naruto etc.) I haven't yet watched Gintama. Rest I've covered by now. Stuff like Code Geass and One Piece I haven't touched yet, but seems to be that's more of the same mold, just worse than HxH, kinda like FMA:B.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: September 28, 2017, 07:17:25 pm »
+1
Out of big anime that aren't crap (Dragon Ball, Naruto etc.) I haven't yet watched Gintama. Rest I've covered by now. Stuff like Code Geass and One Piece I haven't touched yet, but seems to be that's more of the same mold, just worse than HxH, kinda like FMA:B.

One Piece is a bit better than Naruto, but don't expect much. It's cool but it's got a fucking million episodes and it takes forever for cool shit to actually happen, most definitely way worse than HxH (source: lasted till One Piece ep ~750). Code Geass is good.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #1235 on: September 28, 2017, 07:46:16 pm »
I'm a total normie and even I like code geass

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: September 28, 2017, 08:47:32 pm »
No anime is better than Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
except Berserk and Hellsing Ultimate and Cowboy Bebop
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1237 on: September 28, 2017, 09:57:33 pm »
+1
No anime is better than Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Not sure if serious, but i really didnt enjoy FMA:B  :mrgreen:

No anime is better than Hajime no Ippo
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1238 on: September 29, 2017, 04:45:41 pm »
I'm serious. I thought the world-building, aesthetic and main storyline were fantastic.

To me it was an anime that tricks you into thinking it will be a fighting anime. But ultimately it's a world where a normal bullet from a normal gun can easily kill any one of the main protagonists and most fights are resolved instantly.

I see. I used to treasure world building, but then i came to realize that i really cant enjoy a story without good characters. And i was miserable with all the characters in FMA:B lul
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #1239 on: September 29, 2017, 05:09:55 pm »
+1
I know I've already used this vid but this is its proper home

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: September 29, 2017, 05:38:54 pm »
+1
I found the 2 protagonists weirdly the least interesting characters, but imo there were good characters in it.

The only character I knew by reputation before I watched it was Roy Mustang, so I was just expecting him to run around burning everything and being an anime boss. Was pleasantly surprised to find he spends 90% of the anime scheming and conniving, having coded conversations and manoeuvring all the pieces into the right place. Immensely satisfying to watch.

And part of what I loved about the world building and development of supporting characters was that from the very start of the show they start presenting characters who fought in the Ishbal war and they each have different perspectives, views and memories of the conflict. But not one of them is painted as stupid or wrong. As you encounter more characters, more elements of the conflict are revealed. That's a level of writing I nearly never see in anime or any shows, it's something I really appreciated in the early seasons of Game of Thrones.

I did like some of the side characters too, but to this day im unsure how i made it through it all while hating the 2 main characters. Its rather common for animes to have whiny fuccbois as mc's tho, which is why ive locked myself into a circlejerk of rewatching a select few repeatedly instead of delving into new territory of disappointment.

Offline dagu807

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • ye
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: September 30, 2017, 09:52:20 am »
(click to show/hide)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #1242 on: September 30, 2017, 01:58:28 pm »
+1
These two movies blew my mind as a kid

and of course the undisputed all time anime masterpiece

(click to show/hide)

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #1243 on: September 30, 2017, 02:48:56 pm »
I remember watching Guyver at my neighbors house when I was a kid
(click to show/hide)
Im not going to re-watch it though TBH I think i just liked it because it had nudity once
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: September 30, 2017, 06:49:46 pm »
Damn I wish this had happened  :( I loved the first one and even enjoyed the series that was made too.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die