Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 145938 times)

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #1080 on: August 28, 2016, 07:41:29 pm »
+2
the main girl of Re Zero is a bitch and everyone knows it
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
First world problem
« Reply #1081 on: September 09, 2016, 01:55:30 pm »
+1
I can't watch weeb cartoons because it's too hot to close the window, and the neighbours might catch a glimpse of colourful anime girls on my screen.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 06:28:08 pm by Gurgumul »

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #1082 on: September 09, 2016, 11:35:19 pm »
+1
the main girl of Re Zero is a bitch and everyone knows it
(click to show/hide)

This chanel is absolute fucking gold. Liked, subscribed, licked screen and mastrubated
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2975
  • Infamy: 1923
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: September 15, 2016, 05:07:41 pm »
Paranoia Agent sucks donkey balls.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1084 on: September 17, 2016, 04:43:59 pm »
Paranoia Agent sucks donkey balls.

I love the opening though
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 256
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: September 18, 2016, 01:35:25 am »
Old man's ramblings are better if you like disturbing shit.

Watching Durarara!! atm. Gay as fuck but manageable. Theres definitely better shit out there but I'm running out of quality shows. Refuse to start with sports and slice of life, need my paranormal sci-fi horror mystery fix. Fuck real life drama drawn with big eyes.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: September 18, 2016, 08:25:47 am »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Latrinenkobold

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Stop the nerfs
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hagur
« Reply #1087 on: September 18, 2016, 06:25:26 pm »

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #1088 on: September 19, 2016, 01:06:46 pm »
+1
i love a bleach and attak titan

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: September 21, 2016, 03:20:12 am »
As a form of catching up with the rest of weebs, I finished watching Raki Star.
I r8 8/8 gr8 anim8, pls no h8
Probably one of the best cartoons I've watched, everything about it is flawless.

Before that, I also finished watching Clannad. It's pretty good at the beginning and mid story, but gets predictable and uninteresting towards the end. Transferring a non-linear VN with multiple endings into a linear cartoon with a single ending seems like a major difficulty, and the team behind the anime solved it not bad, but not great either. I haven't played the VN, so I don't know how much is skipped and/or changed, but it feels like the VN probably had a lot more content, and the anime tries to rush you through most of it, focusing on quantity of events, rather than quality. Another thing is how it prioritises one character over the others, rather than giving equal attention to all of the gals:^), especially at the ending. A VN gives you the freedom to choose your own semi-waifu, while the anime forces you to follow the subjective choice of some other weeb that's even more lardy and sweaty than you.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: September 21, 2016, 09:11:42 am »
+1

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 716
  • Infamy: 1047
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 21, 2016, 03:56:53 pm »
Durararararararararara... is somehow worse than Paranoia Agent. It's not as stupid and retarded, but it is too damn bland show. About fucking high schoolers, friends and girlfriends, their struggles in everyday life in big metropolis yadda yadda. Few interesting characters but that's it. Dunno why they put #mystery, #supernatural tags on it. This shit is slice of life as it gets.

But it's because tonight is Re: Zero time, me happy mucho :mrgreen: Finally some quality after few drab shows.

Also I must say that now I finally understand Vibe. HxH is elite show (not the movies, they are utter crap) and those 148 episodes while seem like a lot, are nothing but fucking prequel or introduction to the whole story that is about to unfold. Discovering new worlds, awesome stuff like that. Chimera arc is my favorite so it is given that I want to see what is waiting in unchartered lands.

But... fucker hasn't drawn any of that shit and by the looks of it he won't do that anytime soon. Shame really.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 04:54:12 pm by Leshma »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: September 21, 2016, 05:35:11 pm »
Durararararararararara... is somehow worse than Paranoia Agent. It's not as stupid and retarded, but it is too damn bland show. About fucking high schoolers, friends and girlfriends, their struggles in everyday life in big metropolis yadda yadda. Few interesting characters but that's it. Dunno why they put #mystery, #supernatural tags on it. This shit is slice of life as it gets.

But it's because tonight is Re: Zero time, me happy mucho :mrgreen: Finally some quality after few drab shows.

Also I must say that now I finally understand Vibe. HxH is elite show (not the movies, they are utter crap) and those 148 episodes while seem like a lot, are nothing but fucking prequel or introduction to the whole story that is about to unfold. Discovering new worlds, awesome stuff like that. Chimera arc is my favorite so it is given that I want to see what is waiting in unchartered lands.

But... fucker hasn't drawn any of that shit and by the looks of it he won't do that anytime soon. Shame really.

It's called Hiatus X Hiatus for a reason. There is some chapters after anime ends if you can't wait, but the whole thing is gonna take a while. It's kinda like Berserk manga.

Re Zero was decent. Hoping season 2 keeps it up.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #1093 on: September 22, 2016, 02:08:47 am »
Re Zero was decent. Hoping season 2 keeps it up.

sadly season2 will also take a while, the manga is not far away from the current anime afaik ;P better look for what else to watch

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 23, 2016, 06:10:10 pm »
+3
I had to read a summary of the last episode of Re Zero because I couldn't stand the cringe of the second half. The first half of that episode took 90% of the summary, while the second half was just 2 sentences, and they said exactly what I expected.
Also I don't get why visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 loves his waifu so much. I can kinda get why he fell for her at the beginning - she helped a nigga out, so she must be a pure hearted type a hoe and all that. But throughout the rest of the cartoon she's just a bland, unconfident, generic waifu. The whole concept of a normal guy going into medieval fantasy world is really cool, but the further into the cartoon, the more it felt like an excuse to have a clueless main character who saves the world gets 2D pussy despite being weak and not fitting into the world. The only "real world" thing about the MC in the last episode was his tracksuit (did it even get washed throughout the whole time?), he might as well have been an average peasant from the "fantasy world" who fell in love with some high class mysterious albeit simple girl.

I'd love to see an alternative take on the concept, where the MC has a lot more connection with the "real world" (maybe allow him to go back sometimes), and where the story is not a love story, but a story of heroic deeds with much less magic and much more brütal and grotesque man-on-man fighting.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 06:23:37 pm by Gurgumul »