Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 145925 times)

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #975 on: June 30, 2016, 04:19:14 pm »
No, they're not worth watching even with the fights. Or hardly worth watching. As said time and time again if you want a proper shonen fight anime Hunter X Hunter is the true choice. Since we're on the topic of sound tracks, it also has far better OST compared to Naruto, Bleach or One Piece. I mean I love One Piece but honestly the OST is pretty disappointing.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-30/hunter-hunter-manga-goes-on-indefinite-hiatus/.103791

gg, he dead for real.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #976 on: June 30, 2016, 04:57:08 pm »
New chapter of Rikudo has come out for the first time in a long time. Vinland Saga also released a new chapter recently. Hoping they both start kicking out new chapters again.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 06:01:30 pm by Vibe »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 2680
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 30, 2016, 07:32:49 pm »
cant believe how many people hate on him and question his health issues, like he's obligated by some higher instance to finish their favorite manga

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 30, 2016, 10:13:32 pm »
+2
cant believe how many people hate on him and question his health issues, like he's obligated by some higher instance to finish their favorite manga

fuck you he is

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 01, 2016, 10:49:57 am »
+1
So HunterXHunter goes on hiatus, Berserk comes back.

Writer confirmed same person

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #981 on: July 01, 2016, 11:44:28 am »
+1
Huge image on the characters throughout the years of the berserk manga. I like how Gats has grown a massive chin, all the manliness funneled into it.

(click to show/hide)

And a countdown for the anime release supposedly, ill probably try to snatch a free crunchyroll month to watch it early.

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/fullscreen.html?mode=a&iso=20160701T0730&year=2016&month=7&day=1&hour=7&min=30&sec=0&p0=137&msg=Berserk%202016%20on%20Crunchyroll%20w/%20English%20subtitles
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #982 on: July 01, 2016, 04:34:50 pm »
Huge image on the characters throughout the years of the berserk manga. I like how Gats has grown a massive chin, all the manliness funneled into it.

(click to show/hide)

And a countdown for the anime release supposedly, ill probably try to snatch a free crunchyroll month to watch it early.

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/fullscreen.html?mode=a&iso=20160701T0730&year=2016&month=7&day=1&hour=7&min=30&sec=0&p0=137&msg=Berserk%202016%20on%20Crunchyroll%20w/%20English%20subtitles

we need way more shows where the characters change throughout the story by age

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #983 on: July 01, 2016, 05:34:09 pm »
Okay so i finished the first episode of the new Berserk animu. First episode obviously doesnt do much but establish characters, and where the show is going to start off. CGI animation is smooth, so thats good, but it gives me a feeling of a more childish tone at times, which is completely confusing considering what berserk is, but it works somehow decently anyways. In some scenes its actually really good. Some of the character faces look bad at times, but generally its passable. Theres some censoring, but blu-ray versions whenever they are released will not be, so thats something that ticked me off a bit but understandable still. Doesnt seem to make the show hold back on the gore, at least not all of it.

A thing that kinda had me a bit sad was how the music for the action scenes was very rock/metal-ish, and sets Guts up more as a action hero, when he's more of a depressed, lonely wanderer. Other than that the soundtrack is passable, nothing memorable yet. Im sad that the Susumu Hirasawa song is only in the preview for the next episode, and not a intro, or outro, because that was the only one that stuck out. Well actually the intro they had now was pretty good, its standard japanese metal intro, but it was fine.

Seems good so far, ill keep watching because its Berserk.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 02, 2016, 12:21:36 am »
Honestly my first impression of the new Berserk episode was pretty negative. I felt like they went way to fast with the pacing and that fact was made worse by poor transitions. While it's evident throughout most of the episode, one of the best examples is guts taking out two of the bandit scrubs and leaving the rest of them to buy his supplies and then leaves without showing the actual response to guts straight up killing 2 people other than the bartender. That aside the music felt a bit cheesy at times and otherwise wasn't that great either. I don't really mind metal music in the combat sequences, I just wish they would transition it from the other music better, felt heavy footed. The sound effects for the skeletons also fucking killed part of the show for me, every time guts hit a skeleman it sounded like a cowbell sounds off. The animation during the first half was rather disappointing to me, seemed rather static and awkward in a way you'd see in old video games. The second half of the show they improved the animation, but still wasn't satisfied with it.

All in all the extremely bad plot and music transitions really killed the show for me and the animation isn't anything worth watching. Like Gravoth said it felt rather cartoonish like it's trying to give off a fairy tale setting, but just felt off considering Berserks generally atmosphere. I'll give the second episode a watch when it comes out, but I doubt I'll stick with this season long, just left such a bad impression on me.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 02, 2016, 04:54:24 am »
+1

Someone fixed the intro at least. God this song is way better, instantly puts more emotion in the intro, rather than bland anime metal song.

edit:
Also a lot of people say that generally the first episode is bad, iirc the 1997 anime first episode wasnt amazing either. Theyve only got a base to build on now, im sure cgi will improve, and now that theyve established the setting they wont have such a chaotic episode and all over the place introductions of characters. I think theres hope for a decent adaptation. Since its an adult series, there just wont ever be the budget to create what everyone wants to see, so ill gladly settle with this.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 11:29:43 am by Gravoth_iii »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 08, 2016, 06:26:42 pm »
Episode 2 is out, i liked it a lot actually. And next episode will probably be even better because it includes a favourite scene of mine
(click to show/hide)

Oh and i found a Bloodborne Ludwig version of it, neato
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 06:39:51 pm by Gravoth_iii »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 08, 2016, 08:39:31 pm »

So is he going to make a live action Berserk movie?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 08, 2016, 09:44:24 pm »
So is he going to make a live action Berserk movie?

Its a parody, i believe he's talking about the alien movies.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 09, 2016, 01:20:24 am »
Gotta love how they can do next to nothing in the time frame they have. This episode was probably an improvement overall, but I just don't understand what they are doing with the plot. Is there a reason they are skipping almost everything important? Did they show that stuff in the Berserk movies I didn't watch? I just don't understand what they are doing. Doesn't help that the only good parts of the plot are just inferior to the manga which I am currently reading. I don't know what to think of this. It just seems so random and bad. I was watching it on a free site, so I thought maybe I was watching something else. But the crunchyroll preview for the episode showed me that wasn't the case. I'm probably just gonna reread the manga and stop watching the anime.

On another note, are the Berserk movies worth watching?