Author Topic: Meanwhile in USA  (Read 58268 times)

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
Re: Law enforcement in America.
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2014, 05:21:06 pm »
+1
My theory is that the US is a Fallout-style wasteland populated by psychos.

If it wasn't so, why would law enforcement always act like it is ?

lol its a good theory, but really just think about it, you never know what a person is armed with, so you always assume the man is armed.  Why put yourself at a disadvantage and at ease by believing he isnt.  The one time he does and decides to use it was the moment you werent ready.  Its a value that every leo has forced on him throughout his training.  I dont think its a stupid value, if anything its those things that may keep you alive.  Remember the entire country has access to firearms, so even a child could possess them, your only insurance to yourself is remembering that one simple value, believe everyone is armed until you know otherwise.  Thats unfortunately why we always get videos of cops shooting someone reaching into their pockets or lifting a t-shirt up, or something silly, and then we blast the cop because you saw what seemed obvious while what he saw seemed like it may take his life.  Of course in this instance its hard to believe this, as it just looks cold, and i am right with you if you believe that, it really does look like murder, or rather misuse of force, its all perception.(murder seems like too strong a word) 

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2014, 05:59:53 pm »
+11
The militarization of our police forces is alarming.  The civil liberties being infringed upon for the past 15 years is alarming (not just the illegal spying and wiretapping, things like being able to execute American citizens, or that you can be detained without any right to face your accusers [referring to habeus corpus being able to be suspended]).  The 30+ year war on drugs is also very disturbing as it set in motion the direction we've been going in for quite some time.  We have a massive military industrial complex, as well as a massive prison industrial complex, and the two are meeting in the middle with the militarization of our police forces.

I think that police regularly use excessive force here, but at the same time, everyone in America knows you need to obey the police officers.  You don't argue with them, you can argue to a judge or jury if you want, but arguing with police officers is not going to get you anywhere.   

What the fuck? I got so many questions from this video. For instance, who in the right mind deploys automatic rifles for illegal camping? They say "get on the ground" and then they shoot him when he was clearly trying to comply?

Well at first I Thought he was getting down too, but it looks like he's trying to start running away when he turns, not go to the ground (not saying that justifies shooting him in the back with lethal rounds).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2014, 06:06:01 pm »
+4
lol its a good theory, but really just think about it, you never know what a person is armed with, so you always assume the man is armed.  Why put yourself at a disadvantage and at ease by believing he isnt.  The one time he does and decides to use it was the moment you werent ready.  Its a value that every leo has forced on him throughout his training.  I dont think its a stupid value, if anything its those things that may keep you alive.  Remember the entire country has access to firearms, so even a child could possess them, your only insurance to yourself is remembering that one simple value, believe everyone is armed until you know otherwise.  Thats unfortunately why we always get videos of cops shooting someone reaching into their pockets or lifting a t-shirt up, or something silly, and then we blast the cop because you saw what seemed obvious while what he saw seemed like it may take his life.  Of course in this instance its hard to believe this, as it just looks cold, and i am right with you if you believe that, it really does look like murder, or rather misuse of force, its all perception.(murder seems like too strong a word)

We're back to the gun debate then. But to me there's a problem with the relation between the police and the citizens. As a police officer, you are protecting other people, not yourself. I don't see this here.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2014, 06:43:34 pm »
Americans...champions of Freedom (to kill anybody).

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2014, 06:54:57 pm »
+2
well if you're only going to post half the story then of course you will have two pages of uninformed people saying "how dare they" or "why no use non lethal".
What? I posted everything that is relevant. The only thing that would've changed anything is if that guy had a suicide vest and the trigger to it was behind his back on the ground.

1) This event had been going on for around like 4 hours
Damn, the cops hadn't had their doughnuts for 4 hours. Nevermind then, just shoot the guy dead.

2) The original call was dispatched to local law enforcement, whom responded, and then called for a crisis team because the man had clear issues and refused to respond while holding 2 knives
Gasp! Better shoot the guy, he had two butter knives!

3) They talked to him, he refused to comply, they threw a flashbang and told him to comply, he refused, they sent a dog on him, he brandishes two knives and attempts to get the dog off him while wielding two knives then turns away to do who knows what, maybe get another weapon from his gear, maybe get a gun from his waist band, you really dont know till after the fact, and then at that point its okay for everyone to monday morning quarterback you.
He was complying before they threw the flash bang, as is evident on the video. The dog never attacked the man, nor was it in range of his knives at any point. Are you legally blind? That's about the only excuse for the crap you're spouting. He was complying - they throw a flash bang and bring the dog closer - he waves his arms - he turns around to walk away - they shoot him dead.
"Monday morning quarterback", that's fucking rich. Maybe we shouldn't "Monday morning quarterback" school shootings either. The school shooter might've had a bad day, and hey, who knows, maybe he thought the kids had automatic weapons? Fuck, for all he knows, maybe the kids were "maybe reaching for weapons from their waistband."

4)while lying on the ground, he still refuses to drop the damn knives, yet says he cant move, but can move his legs and talk just fine.  They shoot beanbags at him, he still refuses to comply, they send the dog for assurance, then move to arrest him.  You really can never be to safe, who is to say when they approach he doesnt lunge out and stab someone, why take that chance? 
Legally deaf too, I see.

For anyone interested, here is a good thread about it. Most of the posters have actually seen a lot of combat, and also has a lot of cops with Good Sense posting (as opposed to retards like AntiBlitz).
http://socnet.com/showthread.php?t=119726

And as you can see it's not most Americans who are like this, in fact, most of them are against the militarization of America's LE.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2014, 07:04:49 pm »
+13

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2014, 07:16:27 pm »
We're back to the gun debate then. But to me there's a problem with the relation between the police and the citizens. As a police officer, you are protecting other people, not yourself. I don't see this here.

yes both you and crazycracka are absolutely correct, different topics albeit.

The gun debate will forever be a never ending issue, but its one that the U.S is relatively stuck with.  Any public safety person will tell you there is a assignment that is placed upon everyone around you when shit hits the fan, and its always this: you, your partners, bystanders, badguy/patient(sorry patient, you are no better then the badguy).  I first learned this when i started as an emt, then as i furthered my career in other directions this same philosophy was used in every other aspect of public safety, from emergency care, firefighting, to law enforcement.  Thats just the way it goes, you arent good to anyone if you are dead and this applies to everyone, so i cant see me not being allowed to protect myself as a valid argument, though, in this particular video the only thing he is protecting himself from is the unknown in his eyes.

the militarization i believe has always been there, its just now that cameras and the news have really come full circle that people see it more and more.  Of course its taken incidents like the north hollywood bank robbery to really push for a national standard, and of course the "war on drugs" fueling the never ending court debate on what boundaries can be pushed legally.

What? I posted everything that is relevant. The only thing that would've changed anything is if that guy had a suicide vest and the trigger to it was behind his back on the ground.
Damn, the cops hadn't had their doughnuts for 4 hours. Nevermind then, just shoot the guy dead.
Gasp! Better shoot the guy, he had two butter knives!
He was complying before they threw the flash bang, as is evident on the video. The dog never attacked the man, nor was it in range of his knives at any point. Are you legally blind? That's about the only excuse for the crap you're spouting. He was complying - they throw a flash bang and bring the dog closer - he waves his arms - he turns around to walk away - they shoot him dead.
"Monday morning quarterback", that's fucking rich. Maybe we shouldn't "Monday morning quarterback" school shootings either. The school shooter might've had a bad day, and hey, who knows, maybe he thought the kids had automatic weapons? Fuck, for all he knows, maybe the kids were "maybe reaching for weapons from their waistband."
Legally deaf too, I see.

For anyone interested, here is a good thread about it. Most of the posters have actually seen a lot of combat, and also has a lot of cops with Good Sense posting (as opposed to retards like AntiBlitz).
http://socnet.com/showthread.php?t=119726

And as you can see it's not most Americans who are like this, in fact, most of them are against the militarization of America's LE.

nah you posted half the story and posted everything you could to fuel the fire, its typical really.  I shouldnt bother typing this, as i and everyone else knows, you are always right, never wrong.  This will turn into another 40 pages with you typing nonsense and trying to think deeply about an issue that is a non concern to you.  This whole thread is pointless really, the only reason you posted it and the feeble evidence you gave was to cause a forum stir. 

Its funny how you mentally break down at the sight of my posts, you begin to troll.  cant come up with anything worth a note, talks about donuts and cops, man how original you are.  Piss off Xant.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:21:33 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2014, 07:24:04 pm »
+3
Hahah, "the militarization has always been there." God, so many things wrong with that sentence. First, a "militarization" can't always have "been there." Because this is not how English works. Second, AntiBlitz is, supposedly, LE himself, yet he's completely unaware of how the militarization has happened? MRAPs and cops with suppressed M4s in camos haven't "always been there", nor have all the other hi-tech shit the current LE cowards need to get within 100 feet of a drunk. And they won't get closer, of course, before they've shot the drunk a few times. He might reach for something.

Feel free to post your opinions on socnet, Antiblitz. Really, I implore you. It'd be a pleasure to watch.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2014, 07:30:06 pm »
In other countries they'd use drones.
Thousands of innocent victims killed : http://drones.pitchinteractive.com/

Next step : http://rt.com/usa/drone-strike-possible-citizen-401/

This country is out of (people) control.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2014, 07:31:14 pm »
+3
Hahah, "the militarization has always been there." God, so many things wrong with that sentence. First, a "militarization" can't always have "been there." Because this is not how English works. Second, AntiBlitz is, supposedly, LE himself, yet he's completely unaware of how the militarization has happened? MRAPs and cops with suppressed M4s in camos haven't "always been there", nor have all the other hi-tech shit the current LE cowards need to get within 100 feet of a drunk. And they won't get closer, of course, before they've shot the drunk a few times. He might reach for something.

yes, the government began selling surplus M16's to civilians and law enforcement some time after vietnam and up until now, though i guess that wasnt much of a problem back then. You're talking out of your ass, as if you know.  How are suppressors a military only accessory, anyone can own a suppressor, given they have the correct stamps, and the state law doesnt forbid it.  Painting a weapon with a can of spray paint doesnt increase its potency......

Law enforcement have had firearms that only the military have had access to for decades, all the way back and before weapons like the Thompson.  Though this weapon could be purchased by civilians for a costly price.  So yes, its always been there, however small, its always been there.  Just because they have come up to modern times with their equipment we must all of a sudden chastise the guys? okay........

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2014, 07:32:58 pm »
+4

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2014, 07:36:55 pm »
+1
yes, the government began selling surplus M16's to civilians and law enforcement some time after vietnam and up until now, though i guess that wasnt much of a problem back then. You're talking out of your ass, as if you know.  How are suppressors a military only accessory, anyone can own a suppressor, given they have the correct stamps, and the state law doesnt forbid it.  Painting a weapon with a can of spray paint doesnt increase its potency......

Law enforcement have had firearms that only the military have had access to for decades, all the way back and before weapons like the Thompson.  Though this weapon could be purchased by civilians for a costly price.  So yes, its always been there, however small, its always been there.  Just because they have come up to modern times with their equipment we must all of a sudden chastise the guys? okay........
Your reading comprehension is awful. I never claimed any of those things were a "military only accessory." You don't even know what militarization means, evidently.

Here, maybe you'll learn a thing or two (but probably not): http://socnet.com/showthread.php?t=116574
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2014, 07:44:27 pm »
+4
Your reading comprehension is awful. I never claimed any of those things were a "military only accessory." You don't even know what militarization means, evidently.

Here, maybe you'll learn a thing or two (but probably not): http://socnet.com/showthread.php?t=116574

your typical response is to pick apart ones sentence and belittle them.  You're a tool.

k Xant, have fun playing in this thread all alone, my work is done, enjoy.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2014, 07:49:20 pm »
All alone? Seems to me that this thread is soon on page four and I've made what, four posts? Four posts does not four pages make, AntiBlitz-san. Having problems with math too? Not surprised.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2014, 07:52:42 pm »
+5
I'm glad people are playing the jump to conclusions game already.  I guess it's worth mentioning that James Boyd had a history of attacking people with knives, box cutters, and even broke a female officer's nose in 2010.  They flash banged him, shot him with bean bags, yet he still didn't comply and refused to go down.  I'm not saying lethal rounds were entirely necessary, but when somebody who has a history of being violent (especially towards cops) pulls two knives while within definite range of a police officer, they are allowed to engage.  Especially after the situation had gone on for four hours without a sign of compliance, what did you want them to do?  Leave him alone?  Try to hit him with a taser (read Antiblitz's post for why that wouldn't work)?

Also, if you think every cop in America is driving around in an MRAP and equipped with M4a1's and camouflage, you're insane.

My theory is that the US is a Fallout-style wasteland populated by psychos.

If it wasn't so, why would law enforcement always act like it is ?

Why are you under the impression that the law enforcement ALWAYS acts like this?  Have you ever been to the U.S?  You can't believe everything RT tells you.

I should say that I'm not trying to justify the actions made by these officers, just giving some background information that RT seems to have left out.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus