Author Topic: Meanwhile in USA  (Read 58272 times)

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
Re: Law enforcement in America.
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 02:37:28 pm »
+6
What the fuck? I got so many questions from this video. For instance, who in the right mind deploys automatic rifles for illegal camping? They say "get on the ground" and then they shoot him when he was clearly trying to comply? Why did they shoot lethal rounds first and why did they shoot the non lethal rounds after? Was that flashbang really necessary? They say "drop the knife" when the guys is half dead on the floor and then shoot him up some more, WTF?

A flashbang, a dog, 3 guys in tactical gear with kevlar vests and automatic rifles? I guess they just saw the homeless guy as an oportunity to test their gear out....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 03:16:14 pm »
+2

Know. Read that. But the point is..... RT covers this. RT covered the Wall Street protests. RT covers the Assange stuff. RT covers the Snowden leak. RT covers everything that's anti-US government. They're Kremlin biased dirty lovers.

Ever seen them go this hard at Russian government misdeeds etc? Anything bad about Comrade Putin?

I'd rather go to Saudi Arabia than to America. Got it!

Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates etc are quite beautiful places to visit (atleast big cities). As long as you're not a woman which none of you are.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 03:25:42 pm »
+5
Lol, are you guys serious? Every round fired was non-lethal. Only one officer had lethal equipped, and the blood you see is from him hitting his head on the rock, which clearly couldn't have been planned. I'm definitely not saying that this was justified, but this is no where near as bad as other videos/photos posted from other countries, especially Russia. Again, not saying this is justified, but every country has the same issues that arise when some feel more empowered than others, and seem to have a right to enact on it.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline YnScN

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: YnScN
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 03:35:01 pm »
+2
God Bless America

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 04:12:26 pm »
+12
well if you're only going to post half the story then of course you will have two pages of uninformed people saying "how dare they" or "why no use non lethal".

1) This event had been going on for around like 4 hours
2) The original call was dispatched to local law enforcement, whom responded, and then called for a crisis team because the man had clear issues and refused to respond while holding 2 knives
3) They talked to him, he refused to comply, they threw a flashbang and told him to comply, he refused, they sent a dog on him, he brandishes two knives and attempts to get the dog off him while wielding two knives then turns away to do who knows what, maybe get another weapon from his gear, maybe get a gun from his waist band, you really dont know till after the fact, and then at that point its okay for everyone to monday morning quarterback you.
4)while lying on the ground, he still refuses to drop the damn knives, yet says he cant move, but can move his legs and talk just fine.  They shoot beanbags at him, he still refuses to comply, they send the dog for assurance, then move to arrest him.  You really can never be to safe, who is to say when they approach he doesnt lunge out and stab someone, why take that chance? 

I cant really swing either way on this one, but you really have to question how much time and money can really be spent on issues like these.  I also dont see any problems with the use of the beanbags while he is laying on the ground, and dont forget, its all in the eyes of the person, if it looked like the dog was being struck at with a knife, well he is technically assaulting an officer with a weapon.  There is also this always ever present idea from people that you cant shoot people in the back, as if thats some sort of real thing.  Either way, and this is my personal opinion, its okay for people who have never been trained to over criticize law enforcement, but god forbid someone comes to your job and harasses the piss out of you on how you arent doing your job correctly, the shoe is never on the other foot, you never see in the news, "man pours concrete wrong way, doesnt smooth in circles" or "grocery bagger puts dairies with packaged meat, faces heavy criticism and may lose job because angry soccer mom hails manager".

Either way, im trying to be informative, and atleast have a fair discussion rather then the normal shock and awe that is the typical comments.
(click to show/hide)

Dont forget, he is wielding knives, im not sure of many people who would want to close the gap with a knife wielding man to put some pepper spray in his face, lol, you have to be so fucking close to people to spray them that at any point they could near reach out and fucking grab you.

The taser wont really work on heavy clothing, like sweaters or multiple layers of clothing, one would have to have the long probed version, which in New Mexico they might not even bother to purchase since its rather warm near year round.(if you ever want to be a taserless man, buy one of those puffy jackets, they are fucking impenetrable lol 
(click to show/hide)
)

What the fuck? I got so many questions from this video. For instance, who in the right mind deploys automatic rifles for illegal camping? They say "get on the ground" and then they shoot him when he was clearly trying to comply? Why did they shoot lethal rounds first and why did they shoot the non lethal rounds after? Was that flashbang really necessary? They say "drop the knife" when the guys is half dead on the floor and then shoot him up some more, WTF?

A flashbang, a dog, 3 guys in tactical gear with kevlar vests and automatic rifles? I guess they just saw the homeless guy as an oportunity to test their gear out....

has so many questions, i answer them, they dont comply with his attempted propaganda, minuses person, must be wrong........

1)they called their crisis teams out, this instead had been occurring and tying up resources for hours, those beat cops have to go back to their patrols and leave it to the teams to handle.
2)the response teams have assault rifles, thats a standard, they didnt send them to deal with an illegal camper you dult.
3)at what point was he complying? before the first 4 hours, or after the last 12 shouts to get on the ground, he then starts to walk away from them.  At no point was he complying
4)they shot non lethal rounds afterwards because why would you shoot him again? they arent trying to kill him, they are trying to disarm him
5)you bitch and moan about why they dont use non lethal weapons, then you ask if the flashbang was necessary......
6)they never shot him again after he was on the ground, they shot him with bean bag rounds

like i said, please go spread your misinformation and propaganda elsewhere.......
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 05:35:36 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 04:14:18 pm »
+6
What the fuck AntiBlitz.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 04:20:57 pm »
+5
What the fuck AntiBlitz.

wat?

what the hell did i do know?

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:32:37 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 04:32:30 pm »
So if someone refuses to comply you just shoot him dead? Why not use beanbags and taser first, leaving lethal rounds as the last resort?

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2014, 04:32:36 pm »
+1
WTF. Those cops better do some time. I still respect cops here in America though, just not the psychos who don't deserve the badge. But were they really lethal rounds, or just rubber?

Stop the gang bang on the American law enforcement already lol.

Let's not go and say how horrible all of Europes law enforcement is after watching a video of Ukranian riot police beating on down civilians.  :cry:

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2014, 04:38:40 pm »
+1
So if someone refuses to comply you just shoot him dead? Why not use beanbags and taser first, leaving lethal rounds as the last resort?

I said the taser wont work on sweaters and heavy clothing, and the barbs go in unpredictable goofy directions, so fat chance shooting someone in the calf with it.

idk i wasnt there, i dont really wanna monday morning quarterback the dudes.  but they used half the shit on the ol' batbelt, did they need to use the rest?  i guess they could have, though they didnt.  Like i said in my post, its all observation and the feelings of the officers, they had no idea what the guy had, whose to say he wasnt moving for a gun, or turning away so he could reach into his waistband without them seeing.  Though in the end, nothing of the sort was found, though would it have changed ur mind if he had a fucking bazooka in his bags to which he was moving towards?  They did what they did, and unfortunately watching it, it looks fucking terrible lol, i can even confide with that.  It looks so bad, but it must not be that bad when its been okayed by the court, and hasnt really hit the news in the U.S(only a few small sites and things, one day of coverage was about it).

you should give the guys a little bit of credit  :rolleyes:, they didnt dump clip on his ass lol, they gave him the ol' two tap.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 03:29:24 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2014, 04:43:07 pm »
+3
Every man is a potential maniac whose dream is to kill or wound cops, with most likely a nuclear warhead in their pocket. It's better to be safe and shoot them first because I don't known what proportional means.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2014, 04:46:05 pm »
+12
im trying to be a philosophical ass, yet i dont know what im talking about, my day job is sitting in an office, my night job is critiquing cops on youtube videos on a medieval game forum

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2014, 04:52:40 pm »
My theory is that the US is a Fallout-style wasteland populated by psychos.

If it wasn't so, why would law enforcement always act like it is ?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2014, 05:12:33 pm »
well if your only going to post half the story then

stopped reading there -1