cRPG > Game Balance Discussion

The Heavy Lance (Lost that lovin feelin)

(1/5) > >>

TommyByFire:
  I've spent 13 generations straight with the heavy lance as my primary weapon.  I grew accustom to the speed, reach, and technique of using it while bolting around on my courser (Frankbyfire).  It's seems to me that post .223 something has gone terribly wrong with my beloved lance.  I understand the purpose of dramatically decreasing every vital stat of the weapon for purposes of balance, but something is not adding up.  I frequently experience my lance strikes not registering and being out reached by much shorter weapons, while fully extended mind you.  Also, latency is not the issue.  I average 24 ping on most of the NA servers.

I can cope with my issues here.  I am more curious in finding out if anyone else is experiencing these problems. I realize this may very well just be my perception.  Feedback however would be most appreciated!  Thanks all!   

Keshian:
Clanmates of mine are actually heirlooming their heavy lances now as the lollance has become ridiculously easy with the slower speed.  They want the lance more than the other lances now.  I would say closer to well-balanced and it makes sense, you are stabbing witha  weapon nearing the length of a pike with 1 hand, yeh, its going to be a slow stab, you shouldn't be able to do 30 stabs a minute with a one handed pike while riding a jet train, makes the game too easy.

H4rdn3ssKill3r:
I really dunno, TommMyyY is still getting mental kills and being top, so for me its needs a nerf, I KEED, I KEED!

Seriously the heavy lance needs a tiny bit of a buff, just a tiny bit of speed.

Reinhardt:
This is why I only invest 4 points into riding instead of 6 and dropped the heavy lance and any polearm proficiency. One handers and two handers are the way to go from horseback now. Granted I get killed a lot, but if you play it right, it's great fun and very effective.

Kafein:
Those missed registers aren't really a problem since if your build is not fucked up you can easily oneshot the poor guy that stopped you with a short weapon. A thrust of your one handed lance in his head when you don't even move, although it won't with any other weapon, even on foot. I don't know why heavy lances are so powerful when the lancer doesn't even move.

I think your perception is flawed because you didn't completely adapted to the slower speed.

--- Quote from: Reinhardt on May 16, 2011, 04:57:42 pm ---This is why I only invest 4 points into riding instead of 6 and dropped the heavy lance and any polearm proficiency. One handers and two handers are the way to go from horseback now. Granted I get killed a lot, but if you play it right, it's great fun and very effective.

--- End quote ---

Trust me, it's the other way around. 1h cav has allmost no chances against a lancer and infantry also is more difficult to kill. Furthermore, you can't do couched sword  :lol:

As polearms already are the way to go on foot (GLA, LHB, Glaive epic spamming builds), they are really the best choice on horse too. Just watch Torben or Tommy stacking kills then watch a 1h cav that gets the same amount. Hell, you won't even likely find one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version