cRPG > Game Balance Discussion

Nerf 1h cav damage.

(1/19) > >>

Tyr_:
I don't know why there is no thread for this on the first page, but srsly, 1h cav damage needs to get reduced. 1 hitting archers and even medium armored infantry is fine when you hit the head, but the damage output of 1h cav on a fast horse (destrier/rouncey/courser) is so high that it is possible to onehit tincans.
The only situation where lancers do better than 1h cav is while fighting HA/HX because the have a higher range, but except for that 1h cav has all of the advantages, therefore i think that the extra damage that 1h cav gets out of speed bonus should be reduced.
This would also encourage 2h cav players, since they will receive the same penalty when they use their 2h as 1h with shield, but if their damage while using a 2h on horse stays at it is now (actually even higher than 1h cav damage) they have an increased risk due to having no shield, but get the damage advantage out of it.

Teeth:
TRUTH

imisshotmail:

--- Quote from: Tyr_ on February 03, 2014, 12:33:54 pm ---The only situation where lancers do better than 1h cav is while fighting HA/HX because the have a higher range, but except for that 1h cav has all of the advantages, therefore i think that the extra damage that 1h cav gets out of speed bonus should be reduced.

--- End quote ---

1h cav can't really 1v1 any melee player, even against 1handers they have to take considerable damage to their horse to be able to hit the enemy. Thats the advantage lancers have over them.

The damage is pretty high but without it why would you ever be 1h cav instead of lancer.

Tyr_:
I don't know how you fight infantry, but the only classes i cannot kill in a 1v1 are polearmers with awlpikes/lances

Tydeus:
Reduce. Speed. Bonus. Exponent. Period.

GG 25p thrusts doing 3/4 hp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version