cRPG > Announcements

Get your Server connected to the Database (XP&Gold)

(1/9) > >>

Meow:
There won't be any new server connections for now!

(click to show/hide)Alright, it's time to get some more c-RPG servers connected to optimize the gaming experience for everyone.
This time we use the Shotgun method and connect every server that fulfills the basic requirements.

Your server will be a one month test phase to see how it works out, we might reconsider this in 30 days if it horribly fails.

I will be your main contact for everything related to this, you can reach me on IRC or PM me on the forums.
If you use IRC please make sure you don't ask if i am there but just state your whole question so i can answer it when i read it.
Also always add your forum name so i can PM you if you leave IRC before i answer.

We reserve the right to terminate your server's database connection at any time without giving a reason.

Basic Requirements:

* MUST BE RUNNING WSE.
* Static IP as well as a stable connection.
* No home-hosted servers.
* Server name must include it's location in some way i.e. city name or country or region.
* At least 20 slots and we won't allow alot of servers that small.
* No Password - Servers have to be public at all times - auto passwording when the server is full is allowed.
* Admin Team ready to go, aware of the rules and willing to enforce those (feel free to contact our current admins if you want them to have an eye on your server).
* Being aware that every clan/individual only gets one shot at running your own server - if you screw up your server will get disconnected from the DB - no chance to get reconnected.
* Common sense - if it feels like you are doing something wrong - ask if it is ok or don't do it.
* Use IRC if in doubt.
Everyone will have the freedom to set their own rules on their server except for some basic core rules we will globally apply for ALL servers that are connected to the database.

To get started you send me a PM with the following information for every server you want to connect.
Before you do so you have to start up your server with it's intended name and have it running until the connection process is finished.
If the Server is already running please make sure you restart it twice before you contact me.

The PM Subject must be "[Server] YourServerName" and include the following information (you can just copy paste the list below):

* Server name:
* Static IP of the server:
* Size (player slots):
* Name of the person running the server (ingame&forum):
* Name of the clan running the server (if you are in a clan):
* Names of all admins (ingame&forum):
* Your own rules in addition to ours:
* Reason why you want your own server:It will most likely take a few days before you get an answer to your PM, this will happen after the server got connected and will ask you to restart the server once to finish the connection process.

Core Rules
These apply to every connected server and will lead to a disconnection from the database if they are not enforced or are broken by the admins themselves.

* Common Sense
* No exploiting of any kind

* NOT OK: Bypassing the autobalance
* NOT OK: Using a bug to gain undeserved benefits
* No intentional teamwounding/teamkilling
* No malicious griefing of teammates (kickspamming, blocking, etc.)
* No leeching

* OK: Being a bad player and getting no kills
* NOT OK: Standing around away from keyboard. If you're away, switch to spectator mode
* NOT OK: Running around naked without weapon. Not contributing is leeching, naked runners don't contribute.
* NOT OK: Autorunning your char to enemy to die
If we find your server to not be administrated properly and people exploiting/leeching/griefing on it for a considerable time or admins breaking these core rules we will contact you and reconsider the database connection.

Please only contact me if the server is already running in the way it will be after the connection.
If you need help setting up a Warband server running c-RPG - there is a guide here and another one here on the Taleworlds forum.
Maybe someone feels like writing a complete guide on setting up a server on our guides forum.

Meow:
I will use this post to update information for the server operators.

* Having your server connected to the Database is a privilege you get for providing the community with a place to play.
This means that your server is a public place for everyone.
You are allowed to kick/ban people that intentionally disrupt the gameplay but you are not allowed to kick or ban almost all players except your clan/friends to work around the no password rule.
If behavior like that is reported it will be investigated, if your server does not qualify as a public server anymore it will be disconnected.

* Every server needs it's own thread in this forum.
All ban/unban requests as well as admin abuse and other server related stuff will be handled in there.
Please make sure you create that thread including your server rules and some additional info you see fitting.

* If you password the server rename it to something else.
Maybe just add a War/Training/Event or whatever to the name.
That will stop your XP&Gold gain but will give you the option to close the server down for trainings and stuff.
When you remove the password and change back the normal name the xp&gold gain will start again.
You need to restart the server twice after each name change.

* You are only allowed to run Battle, Siege, CTF, Rageball or DtV - if you need a different mode for events ask first or rename the server to prevent xp&gold gain.

* Bots are not allowed in any gamemode except for DtV.

RamsesXXIIX:
Is it possible to have your server connected for brief times, and then have it disconnected later? I might have an event where upkeep is useful, but i know i am breaking some of these rules.

Meow:
Well if you have concrete plans on events that would benefit from xp/gold gain feel free to pm me or contact me on irc  :P

Updated the second post with info on DtV and stuff.

Blaint:
wrote a Server-Host-Guide

you can find it:   Here

I hope it is a guide, like you ordered  :)

mfg Blaint

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version