Author Topic: A strange problem  (Read 766 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
A strange problem
« on: February 07, 2013, 09:10:59 am »
Had this problem yesterday in the big 1500v1500 strat battle on EU3.

Game was running smooth on 75fps (capped at 75) but every time the two melee forces clashed, the fps dropped to about 40-45, which should still be perfectly playable and smooth. Yet all the player movement was transitioning from slow motions to speed ups every second or so. It's like the game was freezing like I was playing on 2 frames per second, but not completely freezing, just slowing down and then when the slow down stopped, it quickly speeded up back again, which made it unplayable for me.
Max settings.

Out of the melee clash it was working fine. Latency looked stable (35-40ms).

So I'm thinking that this is a WSE2 / graphic settings problem. I never had FPS or any kinds of troubles in big battles before the WSE2. I have a decent machine that should be able to run this without probs.

To be honest I don't even know what half of the new WSE2 graphic options do. There's no explanation for them. I don't know whether I should use them or turn them off.

GFX card: ATI Radeon HD 5870

Offline donib

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow money, slow problems
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Donib
Re: A strange problem
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 09:34:48 am »
If it was like rubberbanding/teleport, check the settings. There is an option below the frames cap. Dunno precisely what that option is called but it does say it is experimental. Make sure that is disabled, it would jump on for me sometimes and I would have severe rubberbanding when near an enemy player.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 09:38:56 am »
If it was like rubberbanding/teleport, check the settings. There is an option below the frames cap. Dunno precisely what that option is called but it does say it is experimental. Make sure that is disabled, it would jump on for me sometimes and I would have severe rubberbanding when near an enemy player.

Yeah that option was turned off. It did look like rubberbanding, but it didn't feel like lag (as in network problems). The "rubberbanding" was very consistent, happening at exact same intervals mostly. If it was a network problem I reckon it would be slightly more random.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 04:06:20 pm »
"Rubberbanding" has to do with lag (AFAIK). What you experienced happened to me too a couple of times ever since I started using WSE2. I don't know why it happened, but I think I fixed it by reinstalling it (the mod or WSE2).

Mammonist

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 09:44:37 am »
I don't know if this helps, and you might already have done this, but because you have an ATI card I'd recommend trying to turn off MSAA, you can just use FXAA normally.

Edit: Now that I actually read your post better, you said it lagged when the 2 forces clashed, so it might have to do with blood effects.