Beta > WSE2 Beta

Banners

(1/3) > >>

Rumblood:
Say, I would like to have banners ON for enemies, and OFF for friendlies. Often when a single enemy is in your team scrum, you cant tell who doesn't have a banner. I would prefer to attack the guy with one, because it is far more obvious.

Moncho:
On the long run, it might help. However, it would cause a lot of confusion when first implemented, and be a huge excuse for "accidental" teamhits.
Issues: That enemy waiting to ambush you just behind that low wall? Well, he is useless now. And a few other things (archery in the distance would be a bit easier, etc. Not sure if I like it
Also, can you see banners through the fog? Cannot remember atm, but if you can, even if just at a slightly bigger distance than you can see players, it would be a big advantage

Tears of Destiny:
Amusingly enough Fog is entirely eliminated for sniping purposes if you toggle on the option that outlines banners in Green.

Jarlek:

--- Quote from: Moncho on December 03, 2012, 12:34:05 am ---On the long run, it might help. However, it would cause a lot of confusion when first implemented, and be a huge excuse for "accidental" teamhits.
Issues: That enemy waiting to ambush you just behind that low wall? Well, he is useless now. And a few other things (archery in the distance would be a bit easier, etc. Not sure if I like it
Also, can you see banners through the fog? Cannot remember atm, but if you can, even if just at a slightly bigger distance than you can see players, it would be a big advantage

--- End quote ---
You can choose banner settings with WSE now. You can have banners for friendlies only, no banners or banners for all. The only thing you can't have is banner for enemies only.

How would his lead to problems? Sure, it might be confusing for you when you first change to it, but you have to manually change it. It's not something that would suddenly applied to everyone.

--- Quote from: Tears of Destiny on December 03, 2012, 12:53:44 am ---Amusingly enough Fog is entirely eliminated for sniping purposes if you toggle on the option that outlines banners in Green.

--- End quote ---
Even with the red and green outlines, fog and distance will make you unsure wether it's a friendly or not. Been both HC and arbalester and fighting in fog with it on, the red and green are similar when you are distant.

Rumblood:

--- Quote from: Moncho on December 03, 2012, 12:34:05 am ---On the long run, it might help. However, it would cause a lot of confusion when first implemented, and be a huge excuse for "accidental" teamhits.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I can see how that might be an issue for the "strategic hiders" aka "leechers".  :lol:

But anyhow, you can already turn on enemy banners. You just can't turn off Friendly. So your point is already moot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version