Author Topic: What Is Youre FAVOURITE MOVIE!  (Read 1520 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: What Is Youre FAVOURITE MOVIE!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 04:06:57 pm »
Aha! At last I've found one of those guys that loves the Godfather, two actually. What is so good about that movie?

Although I loved the soundtrack, digged the atmosphere and loved the christening scene with all the assassionations, it was dull ass movie aside from that. I had trouble getting through it. I've watched old slow movies before and I loved Pulp Fiction and Apocalypse Now for example. But this one is so boring, just nothing interesting happens. A ton of scenes are way too long and useless to the plot.

Sure the actors do a good job, but their characters are just bland. Sonny is angry, Fredo is weak, The Don is the Don, Hagen is loyal, Michael has moral issues with the mob life until he suddenly doesn't. There is no depth. Although the movie tries to characterize the Corleones as somewhat good, they are just a bunch of scumbags, I feel no sympathy at all for them.

The Godfather doesn't deserve anything higher than a 6.5 on a scale of 1 to 10. Yeah I said it, bring on the hate.

You want it to be an Expendables movie or what? GTFO lol.

Yeah, poor guy then gets thrown into the sea.

After his death, Clemenza felt like a weaker Re-boot of Brasi's character. Am I the only one being like that?

Sure, Clemenza was cool too, but I'd loved to see more about Brasi, because that "fear" they have of him, doesn't really come back from the movie. You can't feel that he was so feared like they say.
Maybe Puzo's novel had more detail on him, not sure because I haven't read it yet.

Also loved the transition of how Michael turns from an 'outsider, war hero' in the family who says "It's not me, just my family.."

To a cold hearted Douchebag who just takes out everyone who's in his path.  8-)

IMO movie is a lil bit better than the book (which isn't often that it happens imo , movie better than book).

And yeah in the book Brasi was a badass. Fucked some prostitutes and what else if i remember it correct lol. Was a feared big guy who was well known for his ruthlessness lol.

And then they just showed the strangle scene and not the rest just like that oh well :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: What Is Youre FAVOURITE MOVIE!
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 04:09:19 pm »
You want it to be an Expendables movie or what? GTFO lol.
Yeah, just as I expected. Another one of those guys that sees disliking the Godfather as an invalid opinion, but can't tell you what's so good about it. Tell me, cause I'm curious.

Ah, just rememberd which movie the Expendables is. There is a huge difference between a slow moving film and a boring film. As I said, I love certain slow moving films like Apocalypse Now and Pulp Fiction. A good slow moving film is like a slow train. It moves slowly, you can enjoy the surroundings, but it brings you where it should in the end. The Godfather is a train without a track, completely lost.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:12:21 pm by SgtTeeh »