cRPG > Suggestions Corner

Faster Game Speed

(1/27) > >>

Corrado_Decimo:
ok the real problem is that there are a lot of nerfs but not enough buffs. i'm playing crpg since august 2010 and in this long year, patches after patches, nerfs after nerfs, the game became really slow paced compared to what was a year ago. STR builds was slow but not so slow, agi builds was WAY faster, shielders were faster, ranged were faster.

the fast pace will really make 2handed and polearms an hardcore experience (now at actual game speed, manual blocking 2 opponents is not that hard). so i see this as a 2h/polearm nerf because will be harder to manual block with tightened reaction times.

and please don't troll with things like "then go play native". who will not like a faster game? or at least near as fast as native?

can't we at least set servers to fast combat speed instead rebalancing it?

Freland:
I disagree because of Strategus - we have a global game where NA and EU are playing together. If you make it faster you will have a very very hard time to block anything playing overseas.

Everkistus:

--- Quote from: Freland on July 29, 2011, 11:26:20 am ---I disagree because of Strategus - we have a global game where NA and EU are playing together. If you make it faster you will have a very very hard time to block anything playing overseas.

--- End quote ---
THIS

chadz:
If you are referring to native where most NA servers have gamemode set to fastest - this was probably what killed native in north america.

No need to repeat that.

(more ping dependant, less skill dependant, spamming is more useful, etc etc)

DarkFox:
There is a problem, some duels can take 5 minutes, some 10 minutes if to play serious and сoncentrated. And thats not epic duels, thats really boring duels. Oponents do all tricks they can, but seems none of them getting tired. So some people try to exploit broken animation, some just risking  using spam and chambers(me for example) to finish duel somehow faster. Faster game speed makes combat much more intersting and harder. Not just for 2h and manual blocking,for timing and shielders as well. Though strategus battles are laggy and dont need it. The harder way to make duels/group battles more faster and interesting is to add more elements in melee combat, so more things you need to keep in mind while fighting.(shield bashing for example)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version