Author Topic: Solid Builds  (Read 277230 times)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Re: Solid Builds
« Reply #705 on: July 29, 2013, 06:59:27 pm »
+1
Going to post this here so I have all of my thoughts in order for my next build.

Level 36

Code: (Pure 1h+Shield) [Select]
Level:           36

Strength:        18
Agility:         27

Skill to attr:    8

Hp: 53

Ironflesh:        0
Power Strike:     6
Athletics:        9
Shield:           5
Weapon Master:    9

One Handed:     185

The goal is to use heavier body armor around the 17-20 weight range, ~68+ armor, heavy gauntlets, and a good helmet/decent boots. I will move like an 8 ath build with ~15 weight body armor (without shield, ~10-12 with), or a 7ath build with ~7 weight body armor no shield. I will move fast enough to be quick in melee, and the armor will help produce weaker blows from negative speed bonus. Low PS is offset by the high amounts of wpf, making me similar in power to a 7 PS user, as well as the use of a blunt weapon sidearm against heavy armor users where I will have a huge speed advantage. Less health is offset by higher armor where I would still be able to dodge strikes and better manipulate speed bonus. 5 points in shield would be more useful than 5 points in IF to help block arrows/bolts.

A point in weapon speed is ~12 pure wpf, around ~15 to account for the extra % loss from armor, so I will generally swing with +3 speed compared to the average player, swinging the 97 speed maces as though they were 100 speed.

Each point in PS is ~+2 damage of the weapon type. Using a slower, more powerful weapon, I will still swing quickly, similar in damage to a higher PS build using a shorter, quicker weapon, but my character will be much faster. Therefore, the grosse messer (37 cut), dao weapons, or a 100 length cut 1h (34-35 cut) weapon with a mace for a sidearm is the ideal set.

Largest weaknesses:
Cav
Headshots from arrows
Bolts
Blunt+Pierce weapons

Shields help against all of those except cav, since those weapons aren't very good against shields. High athletics helps against blunt+pierce weapon users that struggle to get a proper hit. A hoplite sidearm can be used with 1wpf to defend against cav for those kinds of maps.

In strat, the 18 strength allows me to wear the heaviest armor if need be, and I will be much faster than mostly any opponent I face.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 29, 2013, 07:09:57 pm »
Going to post this here so I have all of my thoughts in order for my next build.

Level 36

Code: (Pure 1h+Shield) [Select]
Level:           36

Strength:        18
Agility:         27

Skill to attr:    8

Hp: 53

Ironflesh:        0
Power Strike:     6
Athletics:        9
Shield:           5
Weapon Master:    9

One Handed:     185

The goal is to use heavier body armor around the 17-20 weight range, ~68+ armor, heavy gauntlets, and a good helmet/decent boots. I will move like an 8 ath build with ~15 weight body armor (without shield, ~10-12 with), or a 7ath build with ~7 weight body armor no shield. I will move fast enough to be quick in melee, and the armor will help produce weaker blows from negative speed bonus. Low PS is offset by the high amounts of wpf, making me similar in power to a 7 PS user, as well as the use of a blunt weapon sidearm against heavy armor users where I will have a huge speed advantage. Less health is offset by higher armor where I would still be able to dodge strikes and better manipulate speed bonus. 5 points in shield would be more useful than 5 points in IF to help block arrows/bolts.

A point in weapon speed is ~12 pure wpf, around ~15 to account for the extra % loss from armor, so I will generally swing with +3 speed compared to the average player, swinging the 97 speed maces as though they were 100 speed.

Each point in PS is ~+2 damage of the weapon type. Using a slower, more powerful weapon, I will still swing quickly, similar in damage to a higher PS build using a shorter, quicker weapon, but my character will be much faster. Therefore, the grosse messer (37 cut), dao weapons, or a 100 length cut 1h (34-35 cut) weapon with a mace for a sidearm is the ideal set.

Largest weaknesses:
Cav
Headshots from arrows
Bolts
Blunt+Pierce weapons

Shields help against all of those except cav, since those weapons aren't very good against shields. High athletics helps against blunt+pierce weapon users that struggle to get a proper hit. A hoplite sidearm can be used with 1wpf to defend against cav for those kinds of maps.

In strat, the 18 strength allows me to wear the heaviest armor if need be, and I will be much faster than mostly any opponent I face.

glorious

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #707 on: July 29, 2013, 07:42:53 pm »
that build is pretty sweet. It isn't for me tho.

As a shielder i like to be at the front rather than flanks in the clusterfuck with the spears etc the biggest problem for me is being team hit in the back then attacked because i dropped my block :D I think i would go for 24-21 or something :P with some sexy IF
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 29, 2013, 09:15:50 pm »
(click to show/hide)

At least you don't go 12-33 like Kingrimm :wink: In EU strat with 6 PS even mw steel picks glances quite a lot, but NA doesn't have full plate armies, so it's okay I guess.

My choice:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #709 on: July 29, 2013, 09:59:50 pm »
+1
24-21 is the next best build for me. If I go with lower athletics, I'll be ripped apart by cav. I've been 24-15 1h+polearm for a long time, now, and I want to switch it up to make it more fun. I've never really liked the front lines even as a strength build since teammates hit me and I get surrounded easily (teammates backpedal/retreat and I don't notice). I vastly prefer smaller clusters or 2nd line fighting.

Offline Kuya

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 01, 2013, 03:24:08 am »
+1
Is this build viable? lvl 30 archer

str-18

agi-24

athletics-3

power draw-6

weapon master-8

Archery wpf-172

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #711 on: August 02, 2013, 03:23:20 am »
Yep, definitely viable. This is pretty much my current build. Even though I get pwned in melee, it's a good solid archer build imho.

Level 31

Strength:18
Agility:24

One Handed:12
Archery:172

Weapon Master:8
Athletics:3
Riding:0
Iron Flesh:3
Shield:0
Horse Archery:0
Power Strike:0
Power Draw:6
Power Throw:0

I hit 172 for bow archery at level 30; and added 3 IF and 1h proficiency at level 31.
You really notice the ability to hold a draw and keep your aim tight with this build for several seconds.

Basically I see it as sacrificing athletics for more accurate shooting. I tend to drop my bow and arrows a lot with this build when playing on battle servers when I'm outnumbered by 2h heros and I need to leg it ;)

Is this build viable? lvl 30 archer

str-18

agi-24

athletics-3

power draw-6

weapon master-8

Archery wpf-172
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #712 on: August 02, 2013, 10:35:44 pm »
kuya, I would say that an 18-21 are tied for being the standard archery build. very solid.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Kuya

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 03, 2013, 05:45:50 am »
kuya, I would say that an 18-21 are tied for being the standard archery build. very solid.

Thank you!

Offline Kuya

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 03, 2013, 05:57:58 am »
Yep, definitely viable. This is pretty much my current build. Even though I get pwned in melee, it's a good solid archer build imho.

Level 31

Agility:24

One Handed:12
Archery:172

Weapon Master:8
Athletics:3
Riding:0
Iron Flesh:3
Shield:0
Horse Archery:0
Power Strike:0
Power Draw:6
Power Throw:0

I hit 172 for bow archery at level 30; and added 3 IF and 1h proficiency at level 31.
You really notice the ability to hold a draw and keep your aim tight with this build for several seconds.

Basically I see it as sacrificing athletics for more accurate shooting. I tend to drop my bow and arrows a lot with this build when playing on battle servers when I'm outnumbered by 2h heros and I need to leg it ;)

Thanks man! haha I'm in the same boat, Stop Drop and GTFO:)

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #715 on: August 03, 2013, 09:02:44 pm »
looking for critique on this build i made on paper, have not tested.

2h/Archer/Cav
(click to show/hide)

2h/archer
(click to show/hide)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 04, 2013, 03:49:14 am »
+2
looking for critique on this build i made on paper, have not tested.

2h/Archer/Cav
(click to show/hide)

2h/archer
(click to show/hide)
Okay, so on the first build here are the issues:
you are 2h/archer/cav, so you want to excel in each thing you do. There is no point to a hybrid if you are bad at all three. You should cut the ironflesh out, put one more into HA, and the other 2 points to riding. If you get on a horse, you don't want to be bad at it, that serves no purpose.
Secondly, I'd probably go with 75 (I personally would do 50 wpf) 2h proficency, don't cut your archery wpf so much. You'll just end up being shit at archery. Melee wpf is not as important to melee skills though.

As for the second build, 3 riding, what for? And you want 6 power draw if you have 18 strength. Get 6 Power draw,a nd put those 2 points elsewhere. They can be in shield maybe for some utility -- or just keep it as an extra stat point and go for a higher build like 18/21 at level 33.
Additionally, same critique: too much 2h wpf for a archer/melee hybrid. Cut 2h wpf down to 75 so you will be more accurate and damaging with your bow.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #717 on: August 05, 2013, 09:18:38 am »
Hey guys,
help/suggestions needed.

My current build:

Attribute points:2
Agility:18

Weapon points:8
Polearm:110
Throwing:125
Skill points:1
Weapon Master:6
Athletics:6
Power Strike:6
Power Throw:6

I planned on going for 5IF but the survivability is actually pretty ok like that. What else could I go for, Riding or Shield. This is at lvl30 and I planned to retire at 31, the build is fun so I might go for lvl32.
I mean, 5IF is 10hp which is also a lot... oh the decisions... with 5 riding I could loot stray horses... with 5 shield I could also go hoplite... if I go to lvl32 I could even spend 6 points in one of those categories... or go 21/18 or 18/21? Too many choices for me

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 05, 2013, 10:00:30 am »
if you want hoplite, go with shield, definitely. It adds a bunch of utility and can change up your playstyle when you want. Makes you not get as bored!

Though if you want to do what you currently do but better, then just pump IF.
it is your choice! purely play style preference :)

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #719 on: August 05, 2013, 06:39:13 pm »
i need some help...

i want to try a good solid build with
1h - no shield - sword build.

any suggestions?

tnx
Sure! Try out 18:18, best build, you can have 6 athletics and 6 Weapon Master, but 6 IF and 6 PS aswell... Pretty good one imo! Also useful is 21:15.
Hope, I could help you with my suggestions. :)
Goor Luck!
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken