Author Topic: Solid Builds  (Read 277303 times)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
Re: Solid Builds
« Reply #435 on: June 29, 2012, 12:56:52 am »
Hush marathon, athlethics is for little ladies :P

Jokes aside, I started as 24/12 or 21/12 shielder when I first played, that was before we could convert points, so I got used early to a low athlethics high PS build, as such, having only 3 ath right now doesn't feel wrong.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #436 on: June 29, 2012, 10:01:57 pm »
nono, take a point form ironflesh for WM, don't remove athletics! Never sacrifice athletics!
BobTheHero is the Resident NA swashbuckler. Guess what weapon He uses? Long Espada Eslanova. Because stabbing is hugely important. However, 1h stabs in particular are over-nerfed from the turn radius nerf. I personally would use a high end slashing 1h weapon (I own a MW scimitar, and I would go 1h/no shield with that any day).
As for build? He swears by strength build. I personally think 1h needs a little more athletics, and due to the lower base damage of 1h weapons, his powerstrike does not amplify his damage as much as a 2h or pole strength build.
 At level 30 he is 30/9. I suggest 24/15. I Would DEFINITELY have 5 athletics on it. I have watched him enough times to say 2 more athletics would do him good.
I think when my STF is up i'll do this too!
(click to show/hide)
Take a LONG 1h weapon. 100 or more length.

Cool, thanks! My previous 2 gens have had 6 and 7 athletics respectively, so I think I'll certainly go with 24/15. Going with fewer than 5 athletics would probably make me nuts. What's the reason for needing a very long 1h weapon? I was looking at these for my next gen: Italian Falchion (70 length), Italian Sword (98 length), Side Sword (95 length), Shaska (103 length), and the two Messers at 85 and 92 length respectively.

Oh, and what do you think for a thrower/1h hybrid? 21/18, I imagine?

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #437 on: June 29, 2012, 10:17:38 pm »
+1
What's the reason for needing a very long 1h weapon?
Range is everything on the battleservers imo. The right swing of the long 1h swords can be pretty nasty, because people often underestimate the lenght of 1h weapons. Also 2hs and poles will try to outrange you if they see you fighting with a falchion. But you can still go with a shorter weapon, I wouldn't do it though.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #438 on: June 29, 2012, 10:26:57 pm »
+1
The thing about a thrower/1h hybrid (no shield) is 21/18 is great, infact amazing at level 31. It works out at 31. At 30 and every level beforehand, it is too short in skillpoints.
My Main, Cyclopsided, Was 21/18 1h/thrower. At 30 it is meh. At 31 It's awesome. I'm at 32, So I have 3 shield skill now which is sweet.
The thing is You'll have to gimp your melee proficiency, otherwise it works.
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Alternatively if you're going to retire as soon as you hit 31 and not keep leveling, I suggest 21/15.

(click to show/hide)

Range is everything on the battleservers imo. The right swing of the long 1h swords can be pretty nasty, because people often underestimate the lenght of 1h weapons. Also 2hs and poles will try to outrange you if they see you fighting with a falchion. But you can still go with a shorter weapon, I wouldn't do it though.
This.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

• King
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #439 on: June 29, 2012, 11:12:36 pm »
Thanks, both of your are quite informative and awesome! I've just reached the point where I can be positive most of the time and occasionally be in the top 3 on the scoreboard in battle, but I'm still relatively clueless on builds and specific mechanics. I'm going to go with the 21/15 for sure. I don't think I can deal with no IF, but I can deal with no shield.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline ANGLO_SAXON

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • Bitch I'm fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 30, 2012, 05:56:23 pm »
Can you tell me some 1h builds

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 30, 2012, 09:47:41 pm »
Can you tell me some 1h builds
1h with shield?
1h without shield?
Hybridized with other things?
Want speed of movement or damage and life?

Without knowing what you want, I can't help :).
There are plenty of both types within the first post and all the pages thereafter. Skim through, I label all the spoilers.
if you don't find what you need and want something specific, just post again with details :).
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline ANGLO_SAXON

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • Bitch I'm fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 01, 2012, 12:04:22 am »
1h with sheild all builds please for that

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 01, 2012, 10:48:25 pm »
+1
There is an array of 1h/shield builds in this thread, I will of course reference the default-basic and debatably 'best' 1h/shield build.

(click to show/hide)
These are the two main variations of the most popular 1h/shield builds.
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

There you go, most popular three.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 02, 2012, 03:13:24 am »
Yo Marathon, just want to let you know that your advice on 1h is incredibly sound. I got myself a +2 long espada, and it works incredibly well. Poking things has always been my favorite mode of attack, and I don't think there's a superior poker to this thing. Got the light mail armours and 9 javs to chuck before I get down to cutting and poking, works quite well.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 02, 2012, 10:31:58 am »
Why thank you! I should hope I have picked up some knowledge if I made this thread in the first place :).
Glad it's working out for you!

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #446 on: July 02, 2012, 02:23:42 pm »
Yo Marathon, just want to let you know that your advice on 1h is incredibly sound. I got myself a +2 long espada, and it works incredibly well. Poking things has always been my favorite mode of attack, and I don't think there's a superior poker to this thing. Got the light mail armours and 9 javs to chuck before I get down to cutting and poking, works quite well.

Normal espada does 1 more poke damage  :wink:
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #447 on: July 07, 2012, 11:05:37 pm »
i need help. I had 21/15 build and i was thinking to do now 18/18 build but 6ps is realy crap,and i fear that 6 athl will not improve my speed that much to make big difference.
Any real difference between 5,6,7 athl if you use medium armor,and shield all the time?

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #448 on: July 08, 2012, 12:15:56 am »
i need help. I had 21/15 build and i was thinking to do now 18/18 build but 6ps is realy crap,and i fear that 6 athl will not improve my speed that much to make big difference.
Any real difference between 5,6,7 athl if you use medium armor,and shield all the time?

Honestly there's barely a difference between 6 PS and 7 PS.

The difference between 5 athletics and 7 is quite noticeable though.

I do notice a slight difference between 5 athletics and 6, but that's just me. Anything below 6 athletics makes me weep.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 08, 2012, 12:34:21 am »
Use lighter armor if you want to move faster imho.
18/18 works of course!