Author Topic: this patch reduces money by too much!  (Read 2494 times)

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
this patch reduces money by too much!
« on: January 12, 2011, 12:45:04 am »
 :evil: You cannot sell anymore(my flamberge is worth nothing), Repairs just cost to much, no more ways to earn money, things cost three times more, That is incredibly unfair, you just made us get more money, added a bunch of ways to suck out money, and made things cost more... Seems unfair, I like the patch but its just, no way to earn alot of money except being a leecher. Well, seems, unfair, doesnt it?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: this patch reduces money by too much!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 12:46:44 am »
+1
Yes. And the only use of money is upkeeping. Your equipment depends on pure luck.

Offline Quamara

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nords
  • Game nicks: Quamara, Hanaestil, Shazmanyat, Hypatia
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 12:51:41 am »
1. sell button is back - yay
2. in a moderate armor you gain enough money to buy new items and save it for the expensive stuff and even with one expensive item you gain money in the long run

upkeep-system makes the game more realistic... being a knight was very expensive which you could just afford if you were a landlord or something

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 12:54:02 am »
@ wind and kafein
hm... don't think so. i'm gaining wealth. before patch i had 7000. now i have 9000. as in RL you aren't going to repair car in clothes in which you go to work or in church. do some experiments with armour / weapon
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 12:55:03 am by FICO »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 12:55:14 am »
Look at it this way..

You earn at the very least 4 times the money you would have been earning pre-patch, if you are using peasant gear and the likes.
A new player will have earned alot of gold when he reaches mid/high level.

So lets for argument sake, say he earns 36,000 gold. Enough for black-armor? Well not really. You should take into account that with upkeep, the cost should be multiplied by 5 - 8. Making a black-armor in reality costing 175,000g - 280,000. Its not cheap, and the best armor shouldnt be. When you gain that cash amount you will be able to use the armor for a very long time.

Thats how im looking at it.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 12:57:29 am by Babelfish »

Offline Noely

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nords
  • Game nicks: Noely,ArchNoely
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 12:58:39 am »
Thats how im looking at it.

what a bizzare way to look at it
If wishes were horses beggers would ride.

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 12:59:43 am »
1. sell button is back - yay
2. in a moderate armor you gain enough money to buy new items and save it for the expensive stuff and even with one expensive item you gain money in the long run

upkeep-system makes the game more realistic... being a knight was very expensive which you could just afford if you were a landlord or something

Ok so how did a central asian nomad, with only a tent and two goats to his name, afford a full horse archer set? My bow should earn me money as I used it to shoot down prey and bring in the bacon. Same goes for my horse, horse milk, hair products, using it to deliver letters etc. I also heard a rumour horse urine was useful in some ways, at least to a nomad. One somewhat unbelievable one is the use of horse urine in gunpowder manufacture (I don't think this is true). How does your stock typical bog standard medieval Western European use horse urine? Waste not want not.

The average nobody who made the rank and file in various central asian hordes owned several of these high endurance ponies. Horses were plentiful and inexpensive to them, while other products were more desired. Tea etc. Same principal at work when you see those sub saharan medieval kingdoms exchange gold for what is considered useless trinkets by Europeans. (By the way, we need some Medival African equipment. Some had very nice chainmail.)

Horses are only expensive if you look at it from a Western European point of view (eurocentrism ftw). Hay and feed costs money, but grass is free and the horse helps a nomad earn money. Mount and blade has never been a Euro simulator which is why I enjoy playing khergits and Sarranids, until servers started putting up Nord versus swadia non stop. Ughhh.

In any case it is not really realistic. Balanced perhaps, realistic probably not.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 01:28:36 am by kongxinga »

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 01:01:04 am »
[...]upkeep-system makes the game more realistic...[...]

Well, it certainly DOES add 'realistic' flavor to the game. Only problem there is that the game is unrealistic in so many ways, it just doesn't make sense trying to add such realistic flavor.
What's next? Die once and your character is deleted?

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 01:04:09 am »
Ok so how did a central asian nomad, with only a tent and two goats to his name, afford a full horse archer set? My bow should earn me money as I used it to shoot down prey and bring in the bacon. Same goes for my horse, horse milk, hair products, using it to deliver letters etc.
than shoot that rabbit!!! wit nasty pointy teeth

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 01:05:53 am »
what a bizzare way to look at it

Maybe, but every schmuck that complains about not being able to wear their stuff for infinity, after buying it for bargain prices, should take into account that increased income = increased prices (in this case, increased price hidden in a upkeep system).

=)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 01:16:00 am »
+1
Were aren't speaking about prices. They are all ridiculous compared to the amount of money you make now. I'm speaking about upkeep costs. Upkeep is expressed in money/time played, not in money. There's no sense to say

"You should take into account that with upkeep, the cost should be multiplied by 5 - 8. Making a black-armor in reality costing 175,000g - 280,000"

If you don't play with it, it won't cost you more than the buying price. And if you play with it, you have to be cost-efficient with it (please don't speak about "change armor then use your good gear" that simply doesn't make any sense, this is a game). Playing an infinite time will cost you an infinite amount of gold.

Basically, everything now is based on the balance between upkeep and earning, while the two af them are only relying on luck.

Offline Mouse

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Mouse, Nezumi, Maus
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 03:10:58 am »
It's simple: use mid-tier gear all the time, or use low-tier gear most of the time and high-tier gear on rare occasion. If you're winning, use cheaper gear to save money. If you're losing, use more expensive gear to try and get an edge (or don't). But stop whining.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 03:14:12 am »
bullshit, pre patch it took me ages to save up 20k, now, in a week ive gone from 17k to 95k - money money money

oh, i play in just a helmet, gloves and boots, my sword is 612 to repair but i'm still gaining money every round

willy wheels, owl wheels, bogey wheels, hot wheels, mag wheels, billy cursey, mary the dyke from across the road, john the black bloke, what about stamps? teddy i shit meself, fleming house, greggers, pop-inn, don't woory - 50, i mog ka musik, t

Offline LordSnow

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Snow
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 03:21:54 am »
bullshit, pre patch it took me ages to save up 20k, now, in a week ive gone from 17k to 95k - money money money

oh, i play in just a helmet, gloves and boots, my sword is 612 to repair but i'm still gaining money every round

stfu, if you like to play naked it's your point of view, but it's not the aim of most of the players. I'm happy about your 95 k and all this bullshit you said. Go play naked and enjoy it, and learn some math.
Damn. It's snowing again.

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 03:27:56 am »
Well, I don't know about you, but I've been making a very large, steady profit wearing a coat of plates + 30k gear worth of other equipment.  I just don't see how everyone's been complaining about being forced into "peasant robes" and the like.  I'm sure that if I wanted, I could play as a "tin can" for an extended period of time.