Author Topic: AEF_CRPG_AUS  (Read 31481 times)

Offline [Ant]

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: AEF_CRPG_AUS
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2011, 11:20:16 am »
Well, hello there AEF.

I am here to just inquire on the 1 day banning of a fellow PK member, PK_Jumping_Bean, (I completely agree on the ban, BTW) but in game Pewpew did in fact say "Don't worry, it is only a one day ban" (or that using leetspeak, or possibly poorer grammar, for the essence of the message, it is the same) and from this point, the ban has lasted a total of 25:23. That, atleast where I learnt it, is not one day. He is quite upset by the whole thing and it would be great if I could have clarification on his banning.

Offline HatsuneMiku

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: AEF_HatsuneMiku
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2011, 11:52:02 am »
He was told not to use inappropriate language to which he argued with:
18:11:46 - [PK_jumping_BEAN] AEF is einstein
For obvious ethical reasons, we do not tolerate these sort of comments and he would do well not to repeat it, regardless of whether it was in jest or not.
Rosen has noted it down as a week ban due to the above two infringements.

Offline Fatwalrus

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2011, 12:29:48 pm »
Some of these posts make it seem like the admins are drunk with their own power banning people randomly. That has not been my experience at all.

I generally don't like getting involved in the community behind a game very much but there have been a lot of negative posts the last few weeks. There are some of us who are quietly happy with how things are going with the server and these posts do not represent the opinions of all players. Lots of us are very grateful the server exists at all, especially considering we don't pay the server costs.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:55:40 pm by Fatwalrus »

Offline Noldar

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2011, 01:24:32 pm »
wtf does that mean? the policies were not being enforced at all... personally i support this crack-down. the aussie server has gotten way out of hand at times. from disgusting racism that warrants a global ban to ur more usual tk fights and squabbles that break out it has to be stopped and stopped fast.
Oh, the irony.

Offline Toke

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2011, 10:26:02 pm »
hey i never denied being a part pf the tk squabbles as the place was getting lawless noldar and one felt u had to stand up for urself or get no respite, but i've never engaged in racism and i have screenshots of sustained racial abuse that would result in global permabans, real permabans...
having said that i think it is obvious that being too strict and harsh is undesired by the community majority.... this is australia and to ban certain swear words is unacceptable imo...
mark my words, become too stuffy and someone else will host a server, hopefully in melbourne as this would balance the ping for our perth players.... screw nz (jk)... but ye an aussie server should be for all aussies in terms of ping and should also represent our more laid back position on things...

edit: btw i just went back through my screenies noldar and you were there to see that sustained racial abuse, perhaps you remember it, it was a particularly repugnant attack. now all things being said and done i did not go looking for a permaban on this person as i feel thats a bit weak and well over the top, there are other ways to modify people's behaviour...

we should be looking at actually trying to change someone's mindset not just punish them constantly
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:30:41 pm by Toke »

Offline AEF_ROSEN

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • AEF c-RPG Admin
    • View Profile
    • AEF
  • Faction: I took an arrow in the knee
  • Game nicks: AEF_Rosen_II
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2011, 05:08:27 am »
yes toke, how do we change their mind set?
People know the rules of crpg and our server rules... we are running a 'mature' gaming environment it is not the admins mission to be parents to users of the server, you conduct yourself with maturity and dont break the rules and you wont get banned/kicked.

imho i am sick to death with tardish behavior with treating our server like a 4chan forum... so ive been cracking down onto players that break rules and if they argue or continue they will get the justified punishment.

Thank you warlus, this is rightly said the fact is i only get to know the names of people within the server of people that act inappropriately, because i ahve to deal with forum posts etc. You raise a good point tho, its only 2-4 maybe 5 people that have an issue that voice it on the forums and we have over 100 general public that enjoy our server and never say a thing about what they think and its good to get feedback so we can make sure we are doing the public proud.

As for pewpew/juggernaught they arent admin they are only members that plays on the server. All admin decisions are made from our admin group (as stated in humvs first post) if u want to know ban lengths and reason get in contact with a admin not a member (more so the admin that banned you because it may take a day or so for the group to be notified of bans)

As for jumping bean, one of the most disrepectful players i have seen, he got a warning the day before his ban and he continued to argue the point. Then the next day he team wounded me (thinking i was afk) and then he continued to abuse/swear in chat and i told him to stop and then he argued again and replied with "aef is einstein". ive given him a week ban to learn some respect towards admins and the public.

cheers

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Toke

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2011, 05:40:52 am »
in total agreeance ROSEN, first off it appeared to me from what HumV said that the ban was permanent and i thought if i could look past the racial abuse, which imo is worse than someone rolling out the einstein comment, then why not give a more lenient punishment, my mistake...
now here are my points on swearing

1. my 7yr old son hears worse in the playground on a daily basis than anything i've ever seen on the AEF server so if you're trying to protect "mature" sensibilities give up caus the world changed.

2. u have stated ROSEN that we can type in c*nt but not the word cunt? well i would believe that when u see the type c*nt ROSEN u still internally voice that phonetically as cunt. so what is the difference between a "u" and an * if its still being read the way it was intended to be delivered? it defies logic in my mind that you would ban the letter u in that word.

and i have a valid point on another issue... gorabu and SRB were banned for not attacking whilst on opposing teams right? rightfully so as i reported it ingame initially and u guys watched them and found them doing it and banned... good... now yesterday for an  hour or so Pew was playing some idiot game where she would pretend to sell some sort of crap on the docks or out of some shop on the map, fine and dandy for 5 mins but it went on and on and people on the opposing team were getting involved and they were all standing around crapping on and not attacking each other whilst other people are trying to grind up gold and xp and fighting... it was ruining game balance and playability and in my mind is tantamount to leeching... point made i believe...

and finally, yes there are a few AEF members who see fit to act like sherriffs and attempt to engender a culture of "im in AEF so i have more say than you and im putting out the impression i can get you banned just like that"

i thought AEF were a community first and foremost and this is what i'm told, but on the fringes, and im not saying this about everyone of course, it's looking more like an insular clan everyday

Offline Lord_Callum

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 09:32:04 am by Lord_Callum »

Offline Mordaunt

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • You racka disciprine!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: YRD_Charging_Bull
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2011, 02:46:04 pm »
LOL GG on the kick there BB. I can attest to KEEN coming on the server (the_lerd was one too) and trolling/avoiding/tking etc, until they're the only ones left alive then having the worst possible duel then applauding themselves.

Offline Pewpew

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • konspire like bosnik t`urk,e
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bj/boa
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2011, 11:16:29 am »
"Pew was playing some idiot game where she would pretend to sell some sort of crap on the docks or out of some shop on the map, fine and dandy for 5 mins but it went on and on and people on the opposing team were getting involved and they were all standing around crapping on and not attacking each other whilst other people are trying to grind up gold and xp and fighting... "

I Will admit to doing that, but, i dont remember how many but there way under 10 ppl on the server, plus, the only time i ever did it was when there were both players on ym team and the other team alive, if they were all dead, i would just kill the people i was "Crapping" onto.

I understand that  i shouldn't have done that and i will NOT do it again.

-Kate
(click to show/hide)

Offline Toke

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2011, 12:18:32 pm »
i would just kill the people i was "Crapping" onto.

lol kind of a poor choice of words there i.e "onto" , don't let Dimos see that post

Offline Pewpew

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2011, 08:26:37 am »
I Did that on purpose m8 ;)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Toke

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2011, 08:28:39 am »
so i been banned for arguing the point that its not an exploit to jump on the wall near the middle of the ruins map? the long wide one that has the one corner thats low enough to get up on? and i see on the NA servers they ban for one hour bigger infractions than that?

the point is its not a glitch or anything else, u want to make retarded rules on the fly go ahead ROSEN but to use the ban permanently command? is it because u don't know how to do it any other way? or because u like doing it at the slightest provocation?

i argued the point it wasnt a glitch and u muted me, i asked u "unfucking mute me plz" and u ban permanently...

the point is it seems everyone bar AEF members are second class citizens, in that same round pew was obviously delaying by hiding in the bushes and only came out when polled by origin, no warnings, no nothing...

i'm all for tougher adminning but this is ridiculous
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 12:03:45 pm by Toke »

Offline Pewpew

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2011, 10:35:15 am »
", in that same round pew was obviously delaying by hiding in the bushes and only came out when polled by origin, no warnings, no nothing..."

Do you know why i wasn't?

Because i wasn't  delaying. I was in the bushes for about 10 seconds mate, if you call that "Delaying", i think you need to
go back to school. Also another reason why  i came out, Obviously for the poll, but, Don't think you were paying much attention
but a horsemen came close, so, as anyone would do i went to attack at, but he simply rode away.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Pewpew

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2011, 10:41:02 am »
Also, It's not a bloody perma ban, Ros' cant set the ban time, if he could he would, so when you say shit like

"i asked u "unfucking mute me plz" and u ban permanently..."

Its not permanent.  I think me/another AEF members have said that they cant set how long the ban is at least over 20 times to everyone.
so stop trying to suck up by saying "Permanently banned"
(click to show/hide)