Author Topic: Honest thoughts on Crpg2?  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Jacaroma

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Cajun
    • View Profile
Honest thoughts on Crpg2?
« on: December 11, 2022, 07:04:56 pm »
+2
Just curious to see what your overall opinion wwould be.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
Re: Honest thoughts on Crpg2?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 10:16:07 am »
+3
I’m really happy with it so far! Feels and plays as good old cRPG. Many thanks to everyone who made it possible!

Few things I might suggest:

- auto team balance.
Battles are usually being dominated by one of the teams. ( i’ve seen someone mentioning that it is going to be implemented soon )

- cavalry sound
Hard to hear them “sneaking” behind you before its too late. Is there anything that can be done?.. didnt feel like an issue back in the old cRPG

And I absolutely agree with and wholeheartedly support the following motion:

We all didn't become "kings" on the forum for no reason.

Our next order of business should be to petition the admins to present old/veteran crpg players with a "welcome back" package that includes:

1. 100k gold

and/or

2. a couple millions XP

The royalty should NOT be asked to suffer and bear the countenance of rags.

Only fair that veterans are getting a little support!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 10:41:28 am »
+3
Cajun is a shit admin
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Jacaroma

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Cajun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2022, 02:41:49 am »
I hope you slip on ice and break your face

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2022, 04:11:18 am »
idk who this cajun guy is but he sounds like an IDIOT

a q p
    w

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 07:56:05 pm »
haven't played it for months, does it have duel and siege servers yet?

Gameplay until now was meh, combat and movement feels a bit too slow and muddy in bannerlord, but I probably just need more practice

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2023, 10:26:43 pm »
+1
haven't played it for months, does it have duel and siege servers yet?

yes and yes
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Ikarus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2023, 12:13:33 am »
+1
Been playing it quite a lot lately and it's good (way better than vanilla mp) but it needs quite some work

- Chambers need to come back. Without them, melee is simply "spam to win". I already see some scythe builds where ppl just keep hitting you and you can barely fight back because most hits result in a polestun. Also Spamitar-clowns who endlessly faint around before they even attack have their greatest life atm with the current system. I really, really hope that devs somehow manage to get chambers going again, because it's a super important mechanic that raises the combat beyond the current loop of "you attack, then I attack". Feints, hold attacks and footwork just aren't enough for the combat system we all loved for many years

- horses are too quiet as they've always have been in bannerlord, idk if that's even fixable

- aiming speed should be overall a bit faster and closer to crpg1 speeds. I don't mind long reload times but ye gods the crosshair of crossbows crawls painfully slow over the screen until I get a decent aim. Not only does it make it difficult/impossible to react to scenarios (upcoming cav, fast peasants) but the fact that it also resets when you turn too fast/much just turns aiming into an unnecessarily tedious process. No need for big changes, just make the aiming speed a bit closer as crpg1 was

- the shop could be a bit more compact, there's a LOT of whitespace and it takes quite a while to browse through items. crpg1 website gives you a good overview of your items etc, crpg2 website feels a bit "bloated with nothing" atm. But that's alright, I rather have devs working on the game instead of the website

Nothing else to add so far from my side, only started with the mod a couple of days ago after not playing for quite a while. It already feels WAY better than the stinky bannerlord vanilla mp, I hope there will be some great improvements this year  8-) I'll hang around on the siege server only though atm, it's the best place to learn the game.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 12:29:15 am by Ikarus »

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2023, 11:23:46 am »
+1
Been playing it quite a lot lately and it's good (way better than vanilla mp) but it needs quite some work

- Chambers need to come back. Without them, melee is simply "spam to win". I already see some scythe builds where ppl just keep hitting you and you can barely fight back because most hits result in a polestun. Also Spamitar-clowns who endlessly faint around before they even attack have their greatest life atm with the current system. I really, really hope that devs somehow manage to get chambers going again, because it's a super important mechanic that raises the combat beyond the current loop of "you attack, then I attack". Feints, hold attacks and footwork just aren't enough for the combat system we all loved for many years

- horses are too quiet as they've always have been in bannerlord, idk if that's even fixable

- aiming speed should be overall a bit faster and closer to crpg1 speeds. I don't mind long reload times but ye gods the crosshair of crossbows crawls painfully slow over the screen until I get a decent aim. Not only does it make it difficult/impossible to react to scenarios (upcoming cav, fast peasants) but the fact that it also resets when you turn too fast/much just turns aiming into an unnecessarily tedious process. No need for big changes, just make the aiming speed a bit closer as crpg1 was

- the shop could be a bit more compact, there's a LOT of whitespace and it takes quite a while to browse through items. crpg1 website gives you a good overview of your items etc, crpg2 website feels a bit "bloated with nothing" atm. But that's alright, I rather have devs working on the game instead of the website

Nothing else to add so far from my side, only started with the mod a couple of days ago after not playing for quite a while. It already feels WAY better than the stinky bannerlord vanilla mp, I hope there will be some great improvements this year  8-) I'll hang around on the siege server only though atm, it's the best place to learn the game.

(click to show/hide)

I think we already spoke about this but ye, agreed, getting chambers back would be awesome if possible.

Not fixable sadly, Sound Engine is hardcoded and not something we can touch on.

I agree that the movement changing aim stuff is kinda shit, but personally for me I think crossbows are actually one of the best balanced classes we have in the game right now and I'd be a bit loathsome to see it change and potentially fuck that up.

We do actually have a web dev and he's doing a full website overhaul, I can't show anything because it's secret but the website is going to become 50,000 times better, he's done an incredible job (I'm not exaggerating when I say this, it's night and day tier difference)

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2023, 10:37:42 pm »
+1
Fun as fuck. Love it

Offline Ikarus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2023, 10:16:19 pm »
+1
thanks for the info Yeldur, much appreciated :D

Maybe I just have to get used more to xbows, I'll just use lighter ones and see where it takes me from there :)

I like the current balance between melee players, cav and ranged; the classes are way more well spread than crpg1 was. Or maybe ppl just haven't figured out a proper meta yet, who knows

Mod is slowly starting to feel comfy, I'm enjoying my siege games more than any vanilla bannerlord mp I've had so far. Very curious about future updates, the new website already sounds awesome

mod is becoming more and more comfy, great job so far
(click to show/hide)

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2023, 06:50:03 pm »
I just started and seeing 70 players in a server again is honestly really exciting.

I'm still terribly bad and i can't afford any of my builds yet.

Looking forward to trying out being an archer again.

Maybe i'll actually figure out how to fight 1h with no shield this time, i'm usually just harmlessly bouncing hits off people for minimal damage in this engine.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2023, 06:55:05 pm »
Also what are the chances of getting some sort of legacy bonus of gold and or a loom point?

Offline Wiegraf_BRD

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • 我行我素
    • View Profile
    • 土豆網 > Google
  • Faction: Taiwanese and Chinese Army
  • Game nicks: Wretch. The_Mayor.
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2023, 08:33:35 pm »
IT IS VERY GOOOT
My response:  diet bro ur fat

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2023, 10:07:45 pm »
IT IS VERY GOOOT
You guys plz be easy on Rip. He was born Dutch and as a result he is automatically a retard. Everything he say is questionable and he also has no life outside the video gamez. Plz be easy on this soul because he does not understand much and he believe he is a black man but in reality he is the gay Dutch retard plz take good care of him